Forums > Social Chat > Where did u get that name.............

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
WildChildmember
43 posts

Posted:
Let's see now: we know most of each other's ages........wouldn't the elucidation of our nicknames make for some gripping bedtime reading? ------------------*WC*

*8*WildChild*8*

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
A mixture of my 'given' pagan name, a mark of respect to the woman whom initiated me, and lots of conversations on acid. Spiral, thats me, I have used sacred spiral before, but now I'm content with spiral------------------Trance the sacred spiral dance.Love and LightSpiral

redragonxmember
73 posts

Posted:
my email is redragonx

~A Soft Rubber Bodybuilding Smurf~

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
well hello. now that we have the whipping boy thing straightened out.... (what would it take for me to get me own whipping boy... there's quite a character down the street...

ah don't mind me. Kyrian is sort of a made up name (a little googling this eveing prompted me to belive it has star trek relevance, but) i think it's an unconcious derivative of my friends brothers name, kieren. i love the sound of the other boys names too... cormac, rory, and brendan, gotta love the irish smile on the other hand, is brendan irish? it doesn't sound it. well, what do i know, right?

my emails area a little odder "mandmmadness" is just a play on how the letter m keeps having weird effects on my life. "spiffylitlechair" is because spiffy is a good word, litle is splet that way in my friends nickname, and i needed a random naem no one would haev, hence chair. for some reason i only use kyrian on discussion boards. oh, and my aim is different, Phoenix for the obvious reason, rising frmo teh ashes, M is for that damn letter again, 3 is one of two lucky numbers, and 18 was teh then age of a certain person, one who was most influential in teaching me not to hate anyone.

other nicknames: heffs, hefferella, stitler, crazy, random steph girl, playa, doormat.

[ 22 August 2002, 15:17: Message edited by: Kyrian ]

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
Well my little story starts from an early age so pull up a chair... you see when I was just a little taller than a grasshopper knee I got my hands on to my first ever lighter... and you see... I HAD this really cool teddy bear... and the smell of burning teddy fur can real (a) catch on fire and (b) catch the attention of your parents... boy did I have a sore a**.Then I learn't how to make the flame on a lighter grow... heeheehee... and then I found out that fly spray is highly flameable... I tell you... No flies ever came into our house again... So I guess thats how I got it... I was just a little Arsn... Or a little s*** head... which ever...

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
here's another one...

altho, sadly, many of these people have left us

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

catboymember
167 posts

Posted:
boring, boring, boring im afraid...

i have a cat, i like cats, and i work for cat(erpillar)... ooh an' im a boy
Non-Https Image Link

you can take the cat out of the jungle, but you cant take the jungle out of the cat

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Well I must admit I am a thief when it comes to names I have not made up any of my names. I have found a book series about Phule, but I mainly got if from a friend that played an online computer game, if he got it from the books I will never know. Raymund is a name from some guy dun know dun care I just liked it.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Traceredmember
71 posts

Posted:
I had someone explain to me once at a rave (while they were on acid) that I was the only thing/person in the room that was leaving tracers for them. I dunno, kinda stuck I guess.

peace

Non-Https Image Link

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind - Mahatma Gandhi

splerphBRONZE Member
75 posts

Posted:
My name is made up. I made it up about 5 years ago when I was at uni and started going on line.

I had a girly name to start with and got sick of the responses I got to it. So I made up a name which was unisex (I thought) and Splerph stuck with me ever since.

Everyone asks what it means, I think because its made up you can give it can mean whatever you want it to. (unless its mean and horrible about me coz that'll make me cry)

Smile and the whole world smiles with you

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
my name means lightning/storm in japanese. i'm crazy and i can control the weather with my superpowers. plus i grew up in the lightning capital of the world. plus i have a connection with the buddhist concept of lightning. plus i have strange electromagnetic phenomenon going on, like lights going out in the hospital when i popped out. plus i'm weird.

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

Maverickmember
8 posts

Posted:
My name was not from top gun as many presume but in fact something much sadder

When I was eight I played a computer game called Gunship and I had to pick one of the nicknames from the game and Maverick was one of them. Unfortunatly It has stuck.

Damb U tom cruise

Mav

Wikkamanmember
259 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.-- Ken Kesey

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
Well, mine is boring. My name is Mike. My last name starts with the letters "Gin." (Hard "G" sound, not a "J" sound).

So ever since elementary school, people have called me "Ginny" (hard "G" sound, not "J" sound!).

The other name I sometimes use is DocLightning (although not on this board). The reason is that I am training to be a doctor and I love bright shiny things (fire, glowsticks, glow wire, LED's, etc.)

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

SNOOPoiCarpal \'Tunnel
3,380 posts

Posted:
Mine is simple Snoopy (an animated dog) combined with poi!
I was once called Kymic (on h.o.p.) mind you I don't know where that came from....!

THWACK!!!!
Liz_Ard: Ouch!
SNOOPoi: Thats just not the sound of someone doing it right!

Shinova:thefiredemonmember
149 posts

Posted:
mine is after the ancient japanese war demon.
Shinova: Was the most feared and violent warlord/demon in the entire of japan.

bountymember
33 posts

Posted:
Bounty...Of the bounty hunters clan a real time video game called homeworld.

bounty

follow what you feel...you alone will decide what's real...anyone can be your brand new love

Muff_Daddymember
45 posts

Posted:
hahahah i dont even know why !!! but it has been stamped on me for the last 3 years. and i use it as my nickname now. something about my track record, anyway..moving swiftly along..next please!

'Statistics are like miniskirts, they reveal more than they hide.'

Stellamember
63 posts

Posted:
Stella comes from a crazy messed up story my friend wrote about all of our group of friends. It involved an evil math teacher stealing her kingly crown and holding it in has castle in the land of boredom. There were a lot of names we gave our selves based on things we discovered in grade nine science. And there were lots of aardwolves. And yeah basically we were crazy and insane with our adventures from the Nimage Realm, and our nick names were about 12 names long. Mine was: Stellar Stella the spunky sky goddes / lyrisist. My other friend was Ekeus Caloric Erlenmeyer the faerie princess king, her royal majesty and ruler of the Land of Suck. And Arnica Kelvin Kinetic, the Nimage King was the writer. Only recently have i found out i am ACTUALLY a king as well, but i cant remember of what. so i like stella. its a good name anyway.

rocketfire_tothemoon@hotmail.com CARPE DIEM seize the day and you will never regret your actions

Trippie HippieBRONZE Member
old hand
733 posts

Posted:
Trippy Hippy, hhhmmmm, my nickname came from a good friend of mine who always used to say that i wore "Hippy Shit" this then evolved when i got in to the drugs scene and he refered to me as that "Tripping Hippy" and thus "Trippy Hippy" was born. Not very exciting i'm afraid.
--------------------------------------------------
The Labyrinth, What a movie, i watched it the night before last,
"It reminds me of a child"....
"WHAT CHILD???"......."A voodoo child"
I love that film!!!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone.

Trippie Hippie- Monty Dons secret love child

Fly like a mouse, run like a pillow, be the small book case.

"Last night i met some pixies and we danced around a stone".

Because dressing up is fun.

Aurora (1/2 a firesister)GOLD Member
enthusiast
249 posts

Posted:

Non-Https Image Link

When I signed up I was studying astronomy and I was having the darndest time trying to understand the explaination for why Sunspots occur...plus the sun is soooo bewtiful!

Om Namah Sivaya

enlliwmember
16 posts

Posted:
Mines kinda boring, i grew up in wales so had to learn the language enlliw means rainbow in welsh, i think it is a beautiful word, just like the language:)

if you do not suceed try try again

Ignismember
23 posts

Posted:
Ignis = fire (in Latin)

not very original...

the twelve names for fire:ignis, coquihabin (quia incocta coquendi habet dictionem), ardo, calax ex calore fragon ex fragore flammae, rusin de rubore,fumaton, ustrax de urendo, vitius quia pene mortua membra suo vivificat, siluleus, quod de silice siliat, unde et silex non recte dicitur, nisi ex qua scintilla silit...aeneon, de Aenea deo qui in eo habitat, sive a quo elementis flatus fertur.(The Name of the Rose)

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
Everquest random name generator.

Then I got into making other random fantasy names when I was bored in math class. (Zyfx Soleblade, SoulFire, Talious Oakenblade... uhh yeah.)

Thus is me.
Kinudin

tiamat_22580I will kill all mods
210 posts

Posted:
sudfdhvcnmbnkmghfgjghjgjghjhgjgjgjsf
gfgjdf
jhhtjdghjh
jhgjdgjhgjdghjjghjghhgjhjhjhj
dhjhghjghjghjghhhgd
sorry i spilled my pop on the key board and i had to lick it up

¿

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
enlliw..... what a beautiful name! how would you pronouce that, my welsh pronuciation is getting sooooo rusty...

great to see some welshness here.... (i'm obssessed, don't mind me.) learning wlesh is one of my many crazy goals, along with actually making it to wales someday.....

and Kinu, how on earth have you missed this topic so many times before?

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

FireMikeZLaguna dude
1,438 posts

Posted:
this gurl Kyri. . . (i ADORE her). . .she finds the nicest stuff around here! i remember tiamat in ancient mesopotamia, rock-mother. . .

someone said (Spanky)? "FireMike! that's so unoriginal, but everyone remembers it right away."

i've had so many, but know what? this one's natural, ya know?

oh, some places online, i gotta put a
Non-Https Image Link
at da end, sure will be figuring out what that move looks like. . .

molten cheers,

~ FireMike

FireMikeZ@yahoo.com (personal messages welcome, no promo spam, please!)
Laguna, California, US

SterlingspiderBRONZE Member
Senator by day, Sith Lord by night.
128 posts

Posted:
Hey Enlliw, oh, wow, someone who actually knows Welsh! Question for ya, any idea what the name Wrynn could possibly mean? (It's my SO's last name, I call him the Amazing Technically Vowel-less One sometimes) It is incredibly hard to find Welsh translations and I get nosy about that sort of thing.

And to keep the thread going... the way my name started, I have very tiny hands with long fingers and I like to make them skitter spider-like over things (I dunno, it just amuses me, freaks the hell out of my BF tho). I tend to wear tons of silver rings as well. So my hands often kind of look like silver spiders. Otherwise physically I am on the covered-in-silver-jewelry-tiny-long-and-spindly side as well. For my costuming and corsetting stuff I use the name Carapax since that is the word for the semi rigid exoskeleton that spiders have.

I have a pretty strong affinity to spiders for various and sundry reasons, so all of my user names tend to be in the same vein (spidhands, silverspider, sterlingspider, argentarachnid, itsibitsispider, carapax etc). For some reason I am the great un-nicknamable one (really, it just never never works) I guess most people feel that Lorena (which most closely rhymes with Maureen) is different enough and it doesn't shorten well.

"If the human brain were simple enough for us to understand, we would be too simple to understand it"
-Emerson M Pugh

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
Hehehe, my nick has nothing to do with fire! seriously! i was in grade um.... somewhere mid highschool, and our teacher was describing the effect light has when it hits a prism and is kind of shattered into colour, like peices of Flint. Having a strange affinity for the letter y in the middle of words, i quickly snapped it up!

And my other nick is Zephyr, taken from a shakespearian sonnet, "The zephyr through the violet!"
A zephyr is a gentle breeze....
Soooooo Flynt Zephyr = Light into Colours floating through the Air!
hehehee, its also the name of an intergalactic princess. but thats a whole nother story....
`

family nicks have included, Racego (i now have a small business called racegobare), penfold, podge, stackhat, helmetgirl and other humiliating little nicks.....

Currently on the right side up of the world.

octalpusmember
3 posts

Posted:
Mine is a play on my favorite James Bond flick, Octopussy... only geekier. I drop a few letters to make it, well, "family friendly"!

Is Lever 2000 soap Y2K compliant?

PrometheusDiamond In The Rough
459 posts

Posted:
The origin of mine is obviously Greek mythology. Prometheus was the Titan that sided with Zues against his war with the other Titans. He was an inventor, a creator, and a peacemaker. Promy' and his brother Epimetheus were charged by Zues to populate the Earth. Epimetheus gave out all the cool gifts (Night-vision, prehensile tails, retractable claws, flight, etc.) to the other animals, so to make mankind superior, Prometheus flew to the sun and lit a torch, giving man fire. This is kinda like me, 'cause I'm better at designing & building fire toys than actually using them. (I'm workin' on it)

Of course, Prometheus' gift soon backfired, he was shunned by the Gods, and was chained to a rocky crag in the Caucasus where a gaint eagle came every day and devoured his liver, only to have it grow back each night, which kinda sounds like my life sometimes...

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need money; Work like someone is watching.

Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, when you DO criticize them, you are a mile away, and you have their shoes.

Page: ...