Forums > Other Toys > The official HOP juggling "I just learnt a new move" thread

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Well, seeing as we are starting to take over the

"Offical HOP "I just learnt a new move" thread", I thought we should contain this bit just to jugglerisng and the throwing and dropping of balls, clubs, rings and other miscellaneous juggling props.

Today I mothered learning 441.

I had a few throws of 531 but only 1 catch. I think my 5 is too high.

Note for the mods: I DEMAND on behalf of the jugglers on this site, as has been done with the aforementioned "Poi moves thread", that this one is made a sticky thread.

Otherwise its just favouritism really....

LemonkeyStalking amidst the desert, carrying an oversized scalpel...
1,019 posts

Posted:
Today -

Managed to change the direction of a four ball shower (right hand throwing 7's to left hand throwing 7's), never tried it before, was easy.

Willy - is bad for your health...

MTGjumpermember
84 posts

Posted:
How good are DXs if you bear in mind that my hands are the size of a fairly small thirteen year olds? That means, will I be able to hold three balls in one hand comfortably, without forming a triangle?
EDITED_BY: MTGjumper (1136222712)

Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day.
Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.
Give a man a set of fire clubs (see above)

1,019 posts

Posted:
Depends what size you buy...

62mm, 68mm, and 72mm are the options? 62 is fairly small.

MTGjumpermember
84 posts

Posted:
My beanbags are about 65, and they fit in my hands if I squeeze them a bit, so it looks like 62mm is my best bet. If I can try them before my birthday (mark your calenders, folks) I may get some. Thanks for the input.

Back on point, been practicing 441 mills mess. Not too bad, but haven't got it at all solid. Also learnt 4b Rubensteins- like Beth says, t'is very pretty and easy with swirly multiplexes.

Question- how come (6x,2x)(2x,6x) has crossing sixes? I know the 2s are vamps, also seen in the box, but I thought even number throw went to the same hand.

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
ah but 4b rubensteins with multiplexes isnt proper 4b, its the 3b pattern just with 4, so its fake and not real and i got told off by a 'real' juggler for doing it frown

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

MTGjumpermember
84 posts

Posted:
But as you said, who has ceilings high enough for 8s? The pattern doesn't look anything like the three ball version, so I like the multiplexed one.

1,019 posts

Posted:
Written by: MTGjumper

Question- how come (6x,2x)(2x,6x) has crossing sixes? I know the 2s are vamps, also seen in the box, but I thought even number throw went to the same hand.

As far as I know, synchronous siteswaps are the only case when you can have a crossing even number...

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:

ooooh you cheeky boy wink interupting my breakfast like this!

6's stay in same hand but 6x's cross. In the case of (6x, 2x)* 2x's are like shower throws (1's) on each side, and 6x's are slightly higher than 5's but lower than 7's (figures). (6x2x) is a sync pattern (hence the brackets) and so a bit like the last 51 of 5551.

If you want a real headf*ck try (6, 2x) (6, 2x) (2x, 6) (2x, 6) ubbrollsmile

To start (6x2x) throw 6x, 6x, (6x,2x) and then you're into the pattern.
EDITED_BY: Hexagonic (1136248193)

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

MTGjumpermember
84 posts

Posted:
Thanks for clearing that up.

Another question- is 534mm easier than normal 4bmm? If it is, I may work on that.

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
No. No way. I think 5 balls for over 300 catches is much harder than 4ball mm. You should learn 4b mm instead wink

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

1,019 posts

Posted:
Written by: Hexagonic

To start (6x2x) throw 6x, 6x, (6x,2x) and then you're into the pattern.

So that's how to start it! Damnit, I couldn't work it out...

534mm feels nice to run, I can manage it for only a couple of revolutions though.

MTGjumpermember
84 posts

Posted:
Written by: Hexagonic

No. No way. I think 5 balls for over 300 catches is much harder than 4ball mm. You should learn 4b mm instead wink

Errm... Hexagonic, I said 534 Mills' Mess, not 5b juggling. I think you didn't quite understand me. Anyway, by saying that, you are revealing that you do not want me to beat your record as a 14 year old. Aha! I now have an even greater desire to beat you!!!

1,019 posts

Posted:
I hear Anthony Gatto managed 5 balls for 33mins19secs after 6 months. beat that. wink

JtJCheck ya later
500 posts

Posted:
yeah, but AG is rubbish smile

Jake the Juggler

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:

Anyway, by saying that, you are revealing that you do not want me to beat your record as a 14 year old. Aha! I now have an even greater desire to beat you!!!

Is that your leg I'm pulling or is it something else? Try beating my all time best of 7mins 42 secs smile

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

MTGjumpermember
84 posts

Posted:
7mins 42secs... *cough splutter*

For some reason I don't think I will beat that, seen as Im much younger than when you did that, and you've been juggling much longer than me at a wild guess.

Regarding Anthony Gatto juggling 5b for over half an hour: that must get so boring, and also quite tiring for your arms; I wouldn't want to try to beat that. Same goes for you, Tomas Dietz...

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:
I've seen a video of AG doing 7balls for ten minutes. It was tres dull. Hurt my neck just watching it.

MTG have u been to the bogleg site? There are people's records there and it's a good way of comparing how far you've got. It's also a way of feeling *really* small ubblol

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

MTGjumpermember
84 posts

Posted:
Are you trying to put me off getting over 400 with 5b... because its not working. I thought you would have been more encouraging Hexagonic. Anyway, how long have you been juggling?

1,019 posts

Posted:
Hexagonic is old, I'd say 45 years. Give or take 30.

wink

hexagonicClubbles Jugs
1,687 posts

Posted:

Are you trying to put me off getting over 400 with 5b... because its not working. I thought you would have been more encouraging Hexagonic. Anyway, how long have you been juggling?

Yeah, like CheekyMonkey said i'm pushing 45. I've been juggling for over 5 years, i really can't be bothered working out how long exactly. I'm actually 27.

The bogleg site is good, go along there and see how far up the 5b cascade list you are, it's great cos you see someone ahead of you with 3 catches more than you and so you want to beat them...tis good. I'm 76th on a list from 310 for 5b cascade!!

Here is the link - https://www.bogleg.com/records/index.php

ah wah wah wah a wah wah

1,019 posts

Posted:
164 Lemonkey, Tomasz 00:02:15

I cannot beat my personal best. frown

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
that's why its called your best - if you could do better, it wouldn't be the best you can do now would it? wink

i know what you mean though - my best has been static for over 6 months now frown

cole. x

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
imgoingjugglingimgoingjugglingimgoingjuggling

sorry, havent learnt anything, but im going juggling for the first time since xmas. woo!

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

MTGjumpermember
84 posts

Posted:
Just learnt a new move; its kinda like the machine/factory, where you lift a ball up the side, then drop it down on the other side. Persuming you life with the left, you life the ball, carry it, drop it, then catch it in your left hand, with your right crossed over the left. At this point, you bring it left, up, across, drop, etc. Is it a new trick?
EDITED_BY: MTGjumper (1136665427)

1,019 posts

Posted:
Crazy machine?

Never heard of it before, shall try it.

MTGjumpermember
84 posts

Posted:
I'd like to call the trick Crawford's Machine!

Nah, doesn't really have a good ring to it. Staying on topic, I've just learnt a load more moves; four ball tennis, 53, 4b half shower. Yes, I just had a really long 4b session, so that's gonna destroy my five ball pattern! However, on my 4b tennis, the fives are looking like 7s, and my fours are higher than normal, as are my 3s, but I can't bring them down. Any help please?

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
a 5 in ss is much higher than a 5 in cascade, so dont worry about it, its better to have nice high fives and even timing than forcing them low.

T wave

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

1,019 posts

Posted:

I'd like to call the trick Crawford's Machine!

Nah, doesn't really have a good ring to it. Staying on topic, I've just learnt a load more moves; four ball tennis, 53, 4b half shower. Yes, I just had a really long 4b session, so that's gonna destroy my five ball pattern! However, on my 4b tennis, the fives are looking like 7s, and my fours are higher than normal, as are my 3s, but I can't bring them down. Any help please?

When doing 53, or 534 etc, the 5 is more like a 7.

Learn 4b half-shower with our non-dominant hand throwing over the top.

1,019 posts

Posted:
I can now juggle (6x,4)(4,6x).

smile

MTGjumpermember
84 posts

Posted:
I can do 3 backcrosses pretty consistently know, but I was just wondering, are club backcrosses easier than with balls, due to the fact that you can swing the club nice and smoothly, and the throw is more comfortable. Don't want to try them continuous at the moment, due to the low ceiling!

Page: ......