Forums > Videos > Belly Dancers and Fire Spinners play well together.

Login/Join to Participate

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
But as they say, the proof is in the pudding. Here is the first video, (hopefully with more to come) of the combined talents of the Tribal Stars of Aalim Dance Academy and the Oklahoma Fire Dancers. We hope you enjoy this production. ubblove

https://flamingsphere.homestead.com/files/hafla2004.wmv

Rak on!

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

The Real Fryed FishGod's illgitament son
1,489 posts

Posted:
cool vid, i liked the way you faded from one person to the next.....

You can't avoid pain by fencing yourself from it.
Some times you need the help of others more than anything else
But you have to let them close enough to help......
People want to be needed, I found that out too

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Wow, Dan. Your belly dancing has improved a lot since Daylight Silence and Im glad to see you did away with all that fur ubblol

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

MillenniuMPLATINUM Member
Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
Must... meet... belldancing... beautiful... women... now.

Dantana: Beautiful video, one of my absolute favorites. Beautiful spinning, amazing belly dancing, great editing. Beautiful dancers. BEAUTIFUL dancers. Where's my drool rag...

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
I like this video even better than "astral spice" eek

That editing is way better man, and the whole crew fottage is massive, needless to mention the semi-neekid BEAUTIFUL women... how do u concentrate on spinning in that enviroment?!? ubblol Damn i wanna go spin right now!

Totally massive vid man, i wish it had a lil more of Dio in it cause he was blazing. But thats is easly your best crew video yet. Good job and well done. biggrin

thetorchnewbie
3 posts

Posted:
Nice! Good to have some riviting entertainers to keep attention between spinners for sure. Got a question though. I'm not sure who was spinning them, but what kind of heads are being used that make the whole flaming part a foot long? Its a neat effect. We were spinning in the park tonite and there is a spanking wind, which made for some extra safety considerations. However, it also streched the flames way out beyond normal limits, very cool to see.

Always go through life a little bit hungry, you never know when you'll run into someting edible........ And by the way, there is no spoon.

mixinluv2umember
129 posts

Posted:
aww.. link's down. =\

DioHoP Mechanical Engineer
729 posts

Posted:
Written by: thetorch

Got a question though. I'm not sure who was spinning them, but what kind of heads are being used that make the whole flaming part a foot long? Its a neat effect. We were spinning in the park tonite and there is a spanking wind, which made for some extra safety considerations. However, it also streched the flames way out beyond normal limits, very cool to see.

In that part Dante is spinning what we call Fire Ropes... the best way to describe it is like this:

Poi:

8-------------(wick)

Ropes:

8---(______wick_______)

It's composed of Kevlar rope with a knot at the end for weight, and you can pretty much make them however you feel like (braided works best) so long as you can attach them securely to the chain.

Thanks for all the compliments guys, we love feedback... and as far as my own personal spinning is concerned, I have it all on tape from a better distance to see what I'm doing, I may toss that up on the site shortly when I get time to sit down and encode the footage.

What hits the fan is not evenly distributed.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
thanks for the complements guys. biggrin We aims to please.

Dragon, I agree, dio was SMOKIN! that night. I too wish I could have fit in a little more footage... alas, the song is only 7.5 minutes long frown

I'm gona try hard to get more footage to work with as soon as possible. Unfortunately, getting belly dancers together is like herding cats (so I hear) and I can't give any specific time frame.

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

Naharnewbie
8 posts

Posted:
Herding cats indeed. Could those spinners be any hotter? *sizzzzle* ouch!
Great video, looking forward to many more good times.

By the way, I'm American you stupid hippy bastards.

eddicted2dnbBRONZE Member
43 posts

Posted:
awsome video