Page:
Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
I think I'm gonna attach some knives to the bottom loops on my cathedral wicks that are attached to my fire ropes.. (=

Just for an added level of danger......

plurr
Max

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Well atleast he is living up to his name, ohh and may I suggest the K-Bar brand knifes.

Very nice weapons, do some real damage if you aint carefull though.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

WuGgaRoOmember
123 posts

Posted:
I don't suggest doing so. I mean...there is literally no point to it. Here is how you should make this descision, see what is most likely to happen and what you will achieve by doing this. From my point of view, you cannot achieve anything positive except perhaps sum added respect from poiers, but that shouldn't mean anything. What are some negative aspects of it?... You can lose any part of ur body or get badly cut...dude..don't do this
(i know i sound like a mommy but please...its not worth it)

Follow Wuggarooism10)Dons't cheateth on thee's significant other9) If thou seest a pig that resembles thee's friend...dont eateth the pig...perhaps it is thee's friend8) If thou talkest shit..thou is a pansy7) Don't buttith into conversations for it will be over thous head6) Dont let stupid comments go unpunished they can only leadest to thous anyurysms5) Dont lie to your friends4) Thou areest what thou arest don't change thou for anyone 3) Masturbation isnt a crime2) When a horse comes up to thou and sayest baaa thou must run!1) Be excellent to eachother

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I think Charles'll shout at you for making dangerous suggestions (even though you're blatantly joking).

He might not though. He seems to sleep a lot at the moment....

Meh

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
cutco!!! use cutco knives!!!

anyway, I also have thought of doing this, as well as flaming spiked mace heads, road flares, assorted fireworks, white phosphorous (sp?), but I think the best really stupid thing you could do to give yourself a serious injury would be spinning high voltage wires while I'm in a grounded cage. kinda like small tesla coils on chains.

disclaimer: if you do anything I mentioned you probably deserve to be hurt. all of this I'm sure would result in serious injury and should not be attempted except by trained idiots like myself.

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

2,905 posts

Posted:
Are you kidding C@ntus that would be soo cool

*ponders how he could attach knives to the bottom of his wicks*

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
mate, if you can't be persuaded out of it, can i encourage you to wrap the knives up in soft n fluffies so that you can get used to spinning with the modified distribution and increase in weight. Fluidity before speed! Good luck, my friend!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Douse yourself in fuel before you start for an extra thrill.

Meh

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
dont listen to bender, you'll learn faster if you cut yourself a couple of times. and make sure to have blades pointing in four directions, cause it wouldn't be impressive if it was just one that might cut you if its pointed correctly.

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

2,905 posts

Posted:
Yall suck I truly thought he was serius I think it is an interesting idea. Only I would be a wuss abut it and have non bladed knives with a point so I could make it look sharp and not actually be sharp.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
He may well be serious Phule. You take him seriously if it makes you feel better.

You want to buy some magic beans?

$2000

If you can't afford it I'll swap them for any old cows you've got lying about.....

Meh

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
I think this has been discussed before and it was seriously flammed even if they were joking because of all the lurkers we get around here, one of them might think that you're serious, try it and then get themselves killed. Then this huge lawsuit would happen and get HoP shut down.

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
I'll refer back to my disclaimer:

IF YOU DO ANYTHING I MENTIONED YOU PROBABLY DESERVE TO BE HURT

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
I was talkin' to CrD

rexmember
263 posts

Posted:
we're on a fire arts bulletin board..

and you guys are worrying about a lawsuit stemming from a newbie putting knives on their poi?

i think 3rd degree burns are worse than stitches, maybe its just me?

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
PErsonally, I don't care about th elaw suit, I just don't want someone getting hurt or dying because of that bulletin board.

Saying that they deserve to get hurt isn't really the way to think about it.

WIth the same logic, do children who play with guns deserve to lose one their parents when the gun goes off? Same logic, different situation...

And yes, time for me to yell

DONT BLOODY WELL DO THAT!!!!!!!!

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
You have to ask yourself why you'd want to. If it's to show off (and I can't currently think of any other reason) then some serious growing up needs to be done. I have a couple of spam emails sitting round about how you can increase your penis size, or even better: breast size. Personally I'm still waiting for my cup size to increase, but I'll let you know how it goes

KaliBRONZE Member
577 posts

Posted:
I already told you you could have some of mine, Dom. Are my breasts not good enough for you?!

Beauty is the conscious sum of all our perversions.-Salvador DaliHope without action is hopeless.

2,905 posts

Posted:
Honestly I think the refelction would be pretty damn cool. The fire glinting off the shiny blades. I am sure there is a way of doing this without serius harm from the knives. With enough practice and thought anything is possible.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Even blunt juggling knives can cut when wrong-ended, and poi go much faster!

2,905 posts

Posted:
Have you ever seen a decortative sword? it has no blade and it doesnt even come to an edge. There is about an 8th of an inch of flat metal it cant cut you. Hurt like nothing else but it wont cut. I still think there is a way to do it safly.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Same with juggling knives. They have no edge, a point, but no shape edges. They can still break skin.

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
ok, here's my opinion on the child playing with the gun and getting shot vs hurting yourself with some dangerous poi toys;

first, if there is a gun in the house, the child should be taught very early (4-5 yrs) what a gun can do, why not to play with it, and it should be kept out of reach, hopefully in a gun safe. if the parents didn't teach their kids and made the gun easily available, maybe natural selection is trying to tell them something. it basically can be summed up by parental neglegence. but in order to hurt yourself with any of the ideas here, you need some basic construction knowledge, so I would imagine no kids will be trying. now that we have the kids out of the way, anyone who has the knowledge to construct something like this, should have sense enough to know it would hurt. if they still try it and get hurt, they deserve it because they were willfully attepting something that put them at immediate risk, after acheiving sense enough to know you shouldn't do that. would you say the man who killed himself by strapping a rocket engine to his car didn't deserve it? in most cases I would think not. if a child shoots them selves or a parent, it is because they werent informed enough to know better, if someone hurts themselves by making dangerous poi, its because they disregarded common sense and did it anyway.

does that make more sense where I'm coming from and why I said that?

Anselmmember
28 posts

Posted:
M'mm, I agree. Guns: The Great Equalizers.

Thule- the thing with knives glinting is, I'm afraid, a happy fantasy: The knives would be instantly sooted up.

Personaly, I think knives are stupid.

At least use razor blades.

Or, better yet, glass shards!!

Anselm der Drache

catboymember
167 posts

Posted:
when all around you are loosing their head, refer back to an engineer... seen as you didnt call for me, I have to butt in...

the obvious solution (other than not doing it, which would be lame) is to wear a suit of armour... ...duhhh

you can take the cat out of the jungle, but you cant take the jungle out of the cat

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
yeah, knives, yeah...uh...
let's talk more about kali's boobies!

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
There's all sorts of bloody lethal toys out there already - chain whips, rope darts etc - can you not just be happy playing with them?

Phule, you're serving in the military. Is that not thrilling enough for you?

Meh

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
lol wow what a debate that spawned from my singular post. (= For one, yes I *AM* serious about spinning knives on the bottom. I've also been practicing blindfolded....with fire...(=

First, my reason....I look at poi and my various fire skills that I've learned all as forms of art...or show. I put performances on for people. Just as a juggler will start with pins, then move to torches, or perhaps mini-chainsaws...I wish to now put knives on the bottom of my wicks. I'm not condoning it for anyone else, I am to a point in my skill where I can do VERY long practices without hitting myself once.

Secondly, I would indeed plan on first practicing with the bladed edge covered to ensure I'm not going to chop my arm off or anything crazy like that. Safety first.

But cmon guys...this is a site for *FIRE* twirling...I think that can be just as dangerous if not more dangerous than mentioning knives..

When I do it..maybe I'll even use steel wool like my friend Knagi, instead of fire wicks, just for an added level of danger......*STAND BACK!!!* lol (yes I'm kidding about this last suggestion..lol)

[ 27 June 2002, 10:32: Message edited by: CrazyRaverDude ]

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

Sundancemember
58 posts

Posted:
remember at the fla ultra party i was spinning fire blindfolded and in my pics im blindfolded in the pics section it is a rush and a half

wazzzzzzzzup all im sundance from san antonio i dont know alot of you but i hope to get to know you better on here if your in san antonio write me a i.m. laters.........sundance

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Oh you're friends with Knagi. Well that explains a lot. If you'd said that in your initial post it would've saved me lots of typing.

Ok carry on.

Meh

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
yes I guess that does explain a few things..*imagines Steel Wool ropes with knives at the end*

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

Page: