Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Midlands/North Sphercular HoP Day Ball @ Poi In the Park's 3rd B-day!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
biggrin so here's how it started...

Home of Poi Day is an idea generated by members of this site, where for one day a year all of us can meet each other in regional locations around the world to share our love of poi. Last thing i heard, plan's for this years event were focussed around October 30th. umm

The Sphercular Ball is an idea independntly generated by members of Spherculism.com to celebrate 1 000 members on Spherculism by (see above). By coincidence the proposed date is also the 30th October. (also co-incidentally HOP has recently achieved 10 000 members) umm

Poi In the Park in Sheffield is the longest established poi meet in the UK and is soon to get a new web host which means PK can make the website even better. Sheffield would co-incidentally be the best place to hold a regional Poi meet for the midlands/north. umm

Bearing these facts in mind and adding together these co-incidences there can only be one outcome: ubbidea

On Saturday 30th October, Poi In the Park of Poi have offered to host a HUGE poi meet at Endcliffe Park in Sheffield to celebrate the Sphercular Home of Poi Day Ball 2004!!! biggrin ubbrollsmile weavesmiley hug

Everyone's invited however good you are or wherever you come from and we want as many spinners, jugglers, acrobats etc... as possible from the surrounding Midlands/North to be there so SPREAD THE WORD!!!

grouphug

the meet will probably start some time after lunch + run on as long as it does. seeing as it's halloween and a special celebration of the Poi community we should come up with lots of fun ideas of things to do like fancy dress and i reckon there should be lots and lots of cake.... smile

So whaddya reckon? Who's coming? biggrin

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Sounds like a plan to me biggrin

ubbangel

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
see the pinkster is up for it. And she's bringing fresh meat too....erm i mean she'll have a lovely young friend as well...

Meh

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
fresh meat?

im bringing loads of ppl with me! biggrin

its going to be a rather large group,

i hope those lads who are always in teh park playing football are ready for us!

Step (el-nombrie)

lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:
lol
you crazy fools!!! ubbloco

misters Cantus, Durbs and Pyrowill- y'all sorted! and space shouldnt be a problem.

Durbs and Step, if yous can let me know how many ppl will be with you social fiends, that would be amazing and ill try to get you all in da same place biggrin

Ben-ja-min, cant go back oz ways! he promised to come play, and eat cake and . . and hugs! damnit

we miss Ben hugz in shef too frown hug frown

purdy pink (hope you is all good and smiling girl!) - do you guys still need picking up on the friday? if so's then an entourage can be awaiting ubblove

much love and purple penguins in anticipation
lolli x x ubbangel

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
lolli, ill be trying to get an answer for deffo, but all i need to di get hold of the buggers!

Step (el-nombrie)

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Im probably going to split the tent into a smoking and non smoking section.

That way..
umm..

I know there was something useful about doing that...

*tails off and loses all train of thought*

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I'm deffinately coming and I'm deffinately coming with Step. So is my girl GeorgeB. For now that is all...end of transmission.

And as for Ben-ja-men hugs, that's sooooo last summer it's unbelievable. Ben-anti-hugging and isolated kisses is where it's at! aaaight! wink

Let's relight this forum ubblove

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
duuuuuuuude !!! i though we agreed not to talk about that

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
kiss

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
so it looks like i will be in attendance as theres still lots of stuff i want to do before i leave these shores

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
bounce clap bounce2 bounce clap bounce2 bounce clap bounce2 bounce clap bounce2

Hoorar!

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
!!!!!!WHOOOOT WHOOOOT !!!!!!!

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

Non-Https Image Link

SkulduggeryGOLD Member
Pirate Pixie Crew Captain
8,428 posts

Posted:
ubbcrying

Feed me Chocolate!!! Feed me NOW!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I will miss you Dug.

:hugtheDug:

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
?

Step (el-nombrie)

Pink...?BRONZE Member
6,140 posts

Posted:
Lolli an entourage would be absolutely lovely hug

ubblove

Hope all is well? And i shall be bringing a little special gift for you, the lovely lolli ubbangel

Ben - you definately have to come. You still have my poi and my CD and you promised me Toasties ubbrollsmile

duballstarSILVER Member
slack rating - 9.5
2,216 posts

Posted:
yay! bounce jon, dunc, mech and ben are ALL coming! biggrin hug now i won't have to come down to london with my balaclava and blacked out van... ubbrollsmile

boo frown about headcharge but i'm sure we'll have lots of fun anyway... smile

meanwhile i went into a HALloWeeN shop today. devil it's gonna be tricky find stuff that's not gonna melt when i inevitably set fire to myself... umm

It is our fantasies that make us real. Without our fantasies we're just a blank monkey' - Terry Pratchett

Pink...?BRONZE Member
6,140 posts

Posted:
People are dressing up for Halloween? eek

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
yeh! you got to, its halloween! thanks lolli for sorting the accomodation, jon, how big is your tent?? and how does one propose to split intoa non smoking and smoking section?, oh well should all be fun, cant wait, see you all there!

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I did say it was a mansion.

ubbrollsmile

PyroWillGOLD Member
HoP's Barman. Trapped aged 6 months
4,437 posts

Posted:
ah yes of course, can i have the east wing?

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind

Give a man a fish and he'll eat 4 a day hit a man with a brick and you can have all his fish and his wife

"Will's to pretty for prison" - Simian

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I testify it is indeed a mansion, big enough for a whole flock of spinners, or is it a gaggle? wink

As for fancy dress.....OF COURSE IT IS!! It's bloomin Hallow'een! My outfit is sorted, but I'm having difficulty finding a wig that won't melt, why the hell don't they make fancy dress clothes fire proof?! May have to hardcore dye my hair instead

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
*Important notice*

I may not be there if my student loan has not come through as I am totally skint. This means maybe no tent.

But im goingto ask my housemate if I can borrow it from him.
I reckon £20 including bus fares will do it.

=Flashpoint=SILVER Member
Pasta of Muppets
2,722 posts

Posted:
Will there be camping space? If so can I put my shed up next to UCOF's mansion? I promise it wont upstage you, it'll give you somewhere to put the van...

ohmygodlaserbeamspewpewpew!
ubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmileubbrollsmile

andythepoiaddict
508 posts

Posted:
<It's smashing to be back x

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
you realise it's sheffield so the ground will be too hard to get the pegs in, don't you?

Meh

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
and sloped, sheff is one big hill, with no down slopes, its upp up hill, even when you are walking down hill its all uphill! ubblol

Step (el-nombrie)

lollipurple penguin- soon to be
478 posts
Location: playing with the pixies at the arsse end of the mi...

Posted:
Rah

you lot are nuts you know that!

Halloween dress ups are to be done for sure, much amusment biggrin

Ben Huggging is a classic and will never go out of season tongue

Finding camping ground is going to be interesting and unassurable so see if anything else can be sorted before material castles are erected

As for accomidation, i have managed to sort out places to stay (inc YOU mister UCOF, no excuses, come play. . and bring videos wink ) for the 30 odd of you *(very odd is most your cases) who id spoken to before today.

There are NO other places at the moment frown we may be able to sort out an on-the-day squeeze but as tis all student houses and sofas+floors, it'll be getting cosy!

at the moment im trying to see whether its possible to rent a hall for mass crash space and ill let y'all know if tis so.

Here are some numbers for likely looking "guesthouses"if anyone would like them:

Harley Hotel - 0114 275 2288 , Glossop road

The psalter - 0114 266 6188, Psalter lane, hunters bar

Rutland Hotel - 0114 266 4411, Glossop road, broomhill

im unsure what these hotels are like, there are quite a number more and some B&Bs around but these were te only ones whos numbers i have got so far.

I reckon that Huge hugs should be given to the lovely teapotters and Harcourt House collective for lending us the space to sleep ppl hug everyone has been amazing! ubblove

Tis looking like we should have a good time!
hopefully we will be able to get the cafe in the park (inc bathrooms) open for the whole event so that yummyness (etc) can be had.
As well tis possible that post park celebrations are going to be had round Harcourt Rd so watch this space! ubbloco

that all folks, see y'all in 2 weeks time!! eek
Non-Https Image Link
hug juggle

lolli x x x

My spelling wobbles. its very good spelling but it wobbles, and the letters get in the wrong place

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Well..this is my tent.

Non-Https Image Link

Unfortunatly, the Blacks website for tents is currently down, so I cant get you full details.

It says on another website, it sleeps 8 at a push... this is bullshit. we will have 10 I reckon, that way it will be warmer

*I still may not be able to come*

I reckon, if I do manage to make it, all the Kit goes in the middle and we have 5 people in each end bit. Cos its gonna be freeeeezing. Sleeping bags, blankets and warm things would be lovely.

Lolli. I will sellotape the video to my chest. smile If I go home first that is redface

then again, I could go home on the thursday evening...

Oh, and If i do come, Mech and Narr, Dunkywunkywoo and GeorgeB already have spaces reserved hug

I was thinking of having a smoking, and a non smoking end.... confused

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
jon, no offence but when i said to sophie she might haveto sleep put side, she thankfully declined, so iwill prob be outside with you, and sophie will be somwere inside?

Step (el-nombrie)

Page: ......