Availablemember
93 posts

Posted:
there is a toy company out there that is really really bad. i really don't know how to write this warning but i promise everyone who reads it that in writing this message i am only trying to protect you.
this company I....... Toys recruits poi spinners, diabolo jugglers, and devil stick jugglers and makes a million promises of payment and traveling/mileage reembersement and don't come through. when i decided to work with them it wasn't about the $ but about introducing people to the many joys and benefits of skill toys. i was under the belief thats what they were in it for too. if i wanted to do this i needed to be very far from my steady job friends and family in a weeks time to cover a gig. blindly i was all into it. found other events to do and figured i could do some store repping in between.
i trusted them and took my car all over the place thinking that this was my job. i worked festivals, repped to stores, set up demo days with the stores, and set up in tourest spots selling their products. personally believing that while making a living i was doing good for all the lives i touched.
when i first met the people of this company they preached about how they were advid about bringing the pleasures of creative play to everyone. school assembleys, trance parties , music fest, street fairs,... you name it. they want to spread the horizans of creative play bc of all of its benefits you and i experience. MY FRIENDS they are about the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and nothing else. in my heart i do want to believe that the owner does believe in some of the things he preaches. BUT he flat out lies.
i could go on and on but need to let it go. if you decide to work for any company get it in writing. protect yourself.
my parents warned me and after a year of giving these people the benefit of the doubt i unfortunately have recognise the ugly truth. now dad warns me of slander charges for ?s and details you can pm me. if you do go to fest this summer i'm sure you'll see their booth. Next to crystal stix they're the only other ones i've seen with booths at events.

Better to Burn out than Fade out, Baby!

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Were you under contract with them? Or in other words did you have it in writing that they would reemburse you for mileage hotels and whatnot?

Jesus helps me trick people.

Availablemember
93 posts

Posted:
no unfortunately i wasn't smart enough then to get the contract. i asked them to please write one up. they never did. my dad helped me construct one and i faxed it to them and then boom in a week i'm on the road. he promised me there was nothing to worry about that i could trust him. sadly i thaught i could.

Salingermember
382 posts

Posted:
Sorry to hear about this, they sound like complete b***ards.

Did they give you some of the toys as demos?

If they did then I guess you could sell them to try to recover some of the money you lost...

A conspiracy of silence speaks louder than words...

Availablemember
93 posts

Posted:
i had a shit load of stock. i don't want anyone playing with there toys. their poi has a real nice wieght but the "non-rip" nylon always gives. their stix melt and bend. and the thaught of them turns my stomach too much to pass on. so when the ny toy fair was going on i brought them their stock. he kept me waiting outside for 3 hours. i was hoping to trade for my pay... didn't happen. i should have just strown them all over the steps of the jacob javitz like i really REALLY wanted to

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
I know exactly who you are talking about!
They make a habit out of ripping people off and really screwing everyone over. I also feel in addition to the cheap quality of their tools, they also are way overpriced as it is.

More of the corporate eats the little people I am afraid, but it does make a wonderful example about the importance of legal contracts.

I am sorry about your experience but it appears it has served a greater good in the lesson it has provided. Continue to spin and shine that glorious light you have shared with so many, for that is what really makes the better person in this situation.

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK