Forums > Social Chat > One broken heart with a spare ticket to Paris?

Login/Join to Participate

BigPantsmember
99 posts

Posted:
In the most romantic gesture i have ever made, i bought 2 surprise tickets to Paris for this weekend going tomorrow for me and my boyfriend, but he dumped me last weekend, so I am now a little screwed. After being dumped I went out Saturday night going up to cute guys asking 3 questions, 1.whats your name 2. do you have a girlfriend 3. what are you doing next weekend. I got loads of interest, and decided upon 1 guy James. After 2 dates this week he's turned out to be a bit of a dick, and I have realised that it just wouldn't be the romantic weekend that I had once planned with my boyfriend. To add to the dilema the tickets are non transferable so anyone else coming has to be prepared to take a chance at Eurostar and hope they don't check the names and if we can't get through they have to be prepared to buy a ticket. So dilema is, do I go alone which could be very depressing, take my mum which again could be very depressing, or cut my losses and blow it off. Oh and to add to the dilema its going to be a fantatic 35degrees in Paris this weekend compared to an ok 26degrees in London. Any advice or offers to come with me or meet up with me would be appreciated.

The bigger the pants the better!

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Do you not have a best mate you could take?? turn it into a partyin weekend with shopping and coffee in groovy cafes - very sophisticated!!! x

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

FruleinFireotographer on Hiatus
284 posts

Posted:
Exactly: Party!!! Don't look for a random guy to accompany you - it will (with the utmost probability) end in a disastrous nightmare rather than a romantic love story.... Have you ever been to Paris before? It's not like you arrive there and go: "Damn it, it's way too romantic here." I never found it that romantic over there anyway.... Even though you planned it to be a romantic trip with your ex the best thing to forget and get over him is: Take your best friend and shop crazy!!! wink

"I see," said the blind man.

WRAITHnewbie
3 posts

Posted:
I take your soul till your cross and faded -
Master the breakdown to feel as jaded. Playing it back while looking ahead with voodoo grooves that will raise the dead.

Greetings all.

Whats New. (sides Me)

That is not Dead which can eternal lie,
Yet with strange aeons even Death may Die.

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
So.. what have u decided to do? x

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

BigPantsmember
99 posts

Posted:
Unfortunatly at this late notice it needs to be someone that can doesn't work monday, and also someone who's prepared to buy a £134 eurostar ticket. Could only really think of my mum how sad. Other last minute option is to wear my Paris knock dead gorgous dress down the pub tonight in the hope that the ex changes his mind.

284 posts

Posted:
Oh no... please don't do that... Leave the dress in your closet and pack your suitcase. What is your mum like? Couldn't it be fun to go on a mum and daughter trip with her!?!? I know you had different ideas and expectations about that trip when you booked it but wouldn't it even be a nice idea to treat your mum in a special way for being your mum!??!?! wink

griffinfeminine tiddly pom
505 posts

Posted:
yer, her early/late birthday present it would be really fun i reckon (cos i no ur mum very well and she's a party animal if she wants to be...??) ubblol ubbloco

in state of metamorphosis

BigPantsmember
99 posts

Posted:
Well my mum has steped up and offered to come with me if i want her to. So it may not be the romantic weekend that i had originally planned but at least its not a wasted weekend.

I'm going to hand my notice in at work this afternoon too, so a well deserved break is needed. B4 i plan to take off to Thailand and Oz for a year next month.

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Btw, if it's not too late, you could always go on your own...

You're bound to meet someone (even on the train on the way over), and it could be a bit of an adventure.

I've always found travelling by myself FAR better than travelling with someone (I travelled round Oz, NZ and SE Asia by myself - met loads of great people).

smile

Getting to the other side smile

284 posts

Posted:
Yeah sometimes I like travelling on my own better as well.... you can do what YOU want to.

And you are off to Thailand and Oz in a month? Well see that is EXCELLENT. Maybe time to start over new or to find out who you are, what you want, ... seize the time!

StarlyStarBRONZE Member
journeyman
78 posts

Posted:
enjoy it.!!
grouphug

ben-ja-menGOLD Member
just lost .... evil init
2,474 posts

Posted:
dont feel so bad, i moved heaven and earth with my study then travelled half way round the world and spent 600£ on what was supposed to be a final romantic weekend together before the girl of my dreams went to vegas for a month only to be told that she was going single. but in the end its just money and experiences you could look at it as this magic moment was ment to be but wasnt and all the money that you wasted on it or you could look at it as that person wasnt right for you if they couldnt appricate you for the person you are and that you now have an oppertunity to have a weekend in france doing whatever you like.

id take the chance on the ticket and go with you if it wasnt for the fact that im now doing the whole not spending money thing to get my budget back to looking more like it should rolleyes

hope you make the choice to have a wicked weekend hug

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourself, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous and talented? Who are you NOT to be?

ValuraSILVER Member
Mumma Hen
6,391 posts

Posted:
have a blast wiht your mum... visit the art gallerys and cafes and have an awesome time... and smirk at what your ex is missing out on....
remember Mum is a girls best friend.

btw pm us when you hit qld in australia!!

TAJ "boat mummy." VALURA "yes sweetie you went on a boat, was daddy there with you?" TAJ "no, but monkey on boat" VALURA "well then sweetie, Daddy WAS there with you"

telicI don't want a title.
940 posts

Posted:
Go alone! It'd be a wild adventure.

E pluribus unum, baby.

Madam FlameBRONZE Member
Satisfying HOPs Lust For Fire
308 posts

Posted:
Whether with your mom, friend, or solo you should definelty go. Don't waste a good ticket, The get away might be just what the doctor ordered to help you start healing from your breakup. Have a blast & let us all know how your trip goes.
hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug
Here's hugs for you.

Never settle for normal.devil
Average thinking brings average results.

MeleSILVER Member
A perth girl gone walkabout...
396 posts

Posted:
I'd say regardless of who you go with, make sure you go.
The change of scene is excactly what you need to take your mind of the ex-fella.
After all, if you don't go, whats the chance that you'll stay at home and mope over him?
Getting out of town for awhile is a lot more pro-active, and a fabulous diversion, plus a fabulous way to bond with your mother/friend, or "find" yourself.

Have fun hug

I smile because i have no idea whats going on!! biggrin

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
May I just add.... French Men....

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
You can add them, but what purpose will that serve? tongue

French men. *shudders*

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

284 posts

Posted:
Yeah, I don't wanna offend anyone but - honestly - French men (to us girls) aren't the equivalent to French women (as to you guys with their lovely accent). wink

griffinfeminine tiddly pom
505 posts

Posted:
why not (somehow) pop into italy?
now, italian men...

in state of metamorphosis

284 posts

Posted:
Yeah Griffin, that's the place to go wink Italian guys are.... biggrin Though it's quite a journey to get from Paris to Italy....

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Hope you went to Paris and had a wicked time. Personally I love going places by myself, and if you're a lass wearing that dress in Paris would have made sure you weren't lonely!

nativeSILVER Member
sleeping with angels
508 posts

Posted:
ill go ill go dam to late you left oh well i live in the usa any way and i think it was just a lil out of your way frown

SLEEP WITH ANGELS muckieha

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
hope it was loads of fun!!!
and yeah, there definitely is no shortage of yummy French men, last time I was there, I was making my way from the train station in the morning and I get greeted by some yummy guy inviting me into a cafe for breakfast... five mins into my journey! need I say any more?
have fun, and next time go with another chick friend... flirt like there is no tomorrow ! wink

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

Tao StarPooh-Bah
1,662 posts

Posted:
Written by: Fräulein

Yeah, I don't wanna offend anyone but - honestly - French men (to us girls) aren't the equivalent to French women (as to you guys with their lovely accent). wink

speak for yourself - the BEST kisser i ever met was a french guy - he was good at other stuff too.... redface biggrin redface

I had a dream that my friend had a
strong-bad pop up book,
it was the book of my dreams.

Twisted ClownBRONZE Member
102 posts

Posted:
damn i would of gone and im in surrey too lol....... probabley wouldnt of been a good idea anyways.

There may be one for everyone but what if there is two for three would that mean none for someone or did they start off without one....