Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > im looking for some fellow dutch spinners

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
frown hi there,

hey, is there anyone on HOP who is currently or shortly will be living in holland? just moved back home and i havent found the spinning community yet confused

spinning on my own is fun, but, ya know, i gotsta find some, umm, colleagues (?).. identify yourselves! im lonely ubbcrying beerchug

PUFnewbie
10 posts

Posted:
Unfortunately I couldn't find you guys in Utrecht CS, last saturday. I hope next time better changes.

Bye by Faya

**Poi*Unique*United*Unlimited*Faya**

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Yeah, we we're wondering where you where.

Is anyone of you guys interested in poiing in Rotterdam next sundat (7th)?

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
I think the Vondelpark will be where I spin. Apparently, it's quite close to the house I'm staying in.

Y'see I'm organising a reunion over that weekend for some of the people I met when I was travelling, so I have to be in Amsterdam.

What do you guys use for fuel? And is it easy to get?

Getting to the other side smile

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Heya,

the performance was nice <>>... It was a shame there was no music for us, and the space was limited, but the crowd was nice, cheering at my fireballs and other nice tricks from everyone smile! And we had a wonderfull evening besides the performance (huh Fuero wink)

|| "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Lampenolie (in Dutch) Lampoil, its available at pharmacy's like kruidvat and trekpleister or at bigger shops like Albert Heijn or Konmar. I hope you know enough. I think it's called parafin in English.

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Hi Firepois,

huuu nice, always interesting to have international guests smile, you are more than welcome at a nice fire-meeting! And I never poid in the vondelpark before, so double fun for me :-)...
I believe Mot knows a few fire-spinners in Amsterdam, I'll give him a call to see if he knows anything about the scene in Amsterdam...

Fuel is no problem, we use lampoil (liquid parrafin), and it is for sale in every supermarket, otherwise pharmacies... Konmar has the lowest prices if I'm not mistaking...

Btw, I'm not available on saturday 27, so I vote Friday 26??? Free travelling for me and Fuero as well...

Looking forward to it!
Telpeva Isil

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Oh, is Lamp Oil the same as parafin?! I thought it was a different fuel.

Oh well, thanks for the advice... lol, can't believe you can buy fuel at the pharmacy ubblol

Excellent, hope to see some of you there

xx

Kim@nlBRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
ubblol
It's so funny to see that different fire-twirlers use different fuel. I learned to twirl in Australia, and I always used Kerosine. Couldn't believe you could buy that at a supermarket!! When I got back in Holland and tried to get that stuff, everybody laughed at me and asked where my airplane was stationed..
Twirling in the Vondelpark sounds awesome. I might change my mind by that time, cause it might be f*cking freezing by then.. but otherwise, it's fine by me!!
Kim weavesmiley

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
smile ahh well, it's all just a matter of preference... Kerosine will do the trick as well, a little brighter but burns a little shorter... No wait, I am mixing up with white gas, sorry smile... Ah well, it is easyer for me to carry just one fuel, and lampoil is the least harmfull for firebreathing... And I think the fumes will be slightly healthyer as well??

Anyhow, if you poi hard enough <> you will get warm soon enough smile, so nice to have you there as well wink! Lets try to make it a huge meeting, would be fun! the first www.poiiInHetVondelpark.nl meeting :-)?!
T.I.devil

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
That'd be really good biggrin

I'll be there the last Saturday in November... will contact you next week x

SunriseIvetka
211 posts

Posted:
Hey poi animals..hug2 biggrin

I m coming with u to A'dam if u dont mind.. angelblue

wave

grouphug

sunny
grouphug

SunriseIvetka
211 posts

Posted:
Whats time are u planning to meet there?

sunny
grouphug

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Should be cool, if I have the day of from work I'll be there. If not, I'll try to get there anyhow.

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Discussing already a time, that's early... how about meeting like 6.30 or 7 PM and have dinner together smile??? And that all for you, Firepois wink...

And ofcourse we don't mind having you there sestra smile

SunriseIvetka
211 posts

Posted:
Brat moj smile

it is not early to talk about time for me because it is friday and i m working...so i wanted to know how much time i ll miss from that wonderful poi meeting...lolsign
but actually i can come later...ubbidea

looking forward to see u all grouphug

wave

sunny
grouphug

Kim@nlBRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
Hi.. oh no, 6.30/7.00 is pretty early for me... I can't leave The Hague before 7 cause I have to work.. but I could come later too..
Kim

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Wow! You guys are all so friendly, thanks! Tis exactly what I need just now hug

Alrighty then, well, I'll leave it up to you, either Friday or Saturday night Nov 26/27. As I said, I'm meeting some friends in Amsterdam as part of a reunion, but I'm sure they can come along too, or maybe I'll meet them after...
I might even be able to persuade my friend to bring his drum!!

Is there anywhere in particular in the Vondelpark we should meet - or will it be pretty obvious?!! Anyways, I'll message you with my Dutch friend's mobile number closer to the time...

Take care and see you all soon
Clare xox

SunriseIvetka
211 posts

Posted:
Written by: Firepoise

I might even be able to persuade my friend to bring his drum!!

Yes pleaaaase Clare...It d be wonderful,if he could come and bring a drum as well!!! Music always welcome biggrin bounce2

wave

sunny
grouphug

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Well if it's not to rainy I'll bring my guitar. Then we can start a poi-band biggrin

Is someone coming to Rotterdam next sunday, we're getting a little group together and it's growing.

Nephtysresident fridge magnet
835 posts

Posted:
Yup, Mot & I will be in Rotterdam, who else? I have an assignment for anyone coming who owns a thermos: bring hot chocolate with a splash of rum!! It should help get us through the cold times... I'll be bringing some but if the group gets too big it won't be enough....

And Amsterdam on the 26th/27th sounds great! Not sure what Mot's weekend looks like work-wise though so can't speak for him. I suggest we meet in front of the film museum in the Vondelpark because it's huge (the park I mean, not the museum)... but if anyone else knows any good landmarks I'm open to suggestions. Hot chocolate & rum assignment stands for this session too smile

hug

Neph

everyone's unique except me

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Seems like it will be a small group in rotterdam. Yvonne is coming and a guy from the omniaforum he's quite good and you two. i can bring some hot chocolat, don't know if we got any rum. Don't know if i want any rum. rolleyes

Shall we meet in the evening, so we can light some fire here in Rotterdam? How's about 19:00 at Rotterdam Alexander station? There's a big square next to the station so we can burn things safely there. And if we get bored we can always go away and shoot some pool.

Let me know,

Greetz,

Fuero

woops, i just saw that I said 13:00 at Rotterdam Alexander on motsplace, I think that's a better time.

So it's 13:00 at Rotterdam Alexander near the shopping mall and it's koopzondag so we're going to entertain/irritate some people. wink See you sunday.....
EDITED_BY: Fuero (1099645822)

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Heeya Peeps, how was the hot chocolate with Rum wink???

ow, and poiing ofcourse ubbrollsmile

And about 26th; are there any other people that would like to have dinner in Amsterdam or am I alone on that one? In that case we could ofcourse meet later as well...

Greetz,

BPJ

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
ow, a little ps towards Ivetka and people that were there at the spuiplein meeting: The 'Raver-dude' with his fast-glowstick style is coming as well the 26th!

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Rotterdammers are far to sober for poi. I have to import poiers from other city's ubblol . Well 't was nice yesterday though there we're only three of us. Mot and Nephtys didn't make it. So no hot chocolat with rum for us.

About the 26th: I would love to have dinner in Amsterdam the 26th. I was planning to go to Amsterdam early so I could go to the Jugglestore. There's a good Irishpub on the Leidseplein and that's near the Vondelpark. I'll notify the Omnia-guys. There are a few living near A'dam and the Vondelpark so i think we're gonna see a few of them. Well i'll see you later.

Greetz,
Fuero

SunriseIvetka
211 posts

Posted:
Written by: Telpeva Isil

ow, a little ps towards Ivetka and people that were there at the spuiplein meeting: The 'Raver-dude' with his fast-glowstick style is coming as well the 26th!

Very nice!grouphug

sunny
grouphug

_Clare_BRONZE Member
Still wiggling
5,967 posts

Posted:
Hey there lads,

This is going to be great biggrin

The only thing is... I'm meeting my friends in the Kashmir Lounge between 6pm-9pm on the Friday night... I don't know if that's near the Vondelpark or not?!

Anyways, let me know what you think... I could meet you afterwards somewhere, or we could meet on the Saturday night instead, or maybe you guys would like to come to the Kashmir Lounge too and we could head from there?! I'm sorry if this all sounds ridiculous to you, I've never been to Amsterdam before, so I don't know if it's impossible biggrin

Either way, am looking forward to seeing you guys

Take care
Clare xo

PS: and I'm working on greg and his drum ubblol

SunriseIvetka
211 posts

Posted:
Hey guys!

Just check an Amsterdam map and I think Kashmir Lounge-Jan Pieter Heijenstraat 85 is not very far from Vondelpark...
Maybe we could arrange meeting there?
U know but I think we ll be a huge group of wonderful ppl /cos I said some of my friends to come too ubblove/ and I dont know how big is Kashmir lounge... wink
So any comments and opinions?

By the way I found very easy search for location,where u can check the route how to get where u want...

www.locatienet.nl

wave

Fox

sunny
grouphug

Kim@nlBRONZE Member
44 posts

Posted:
Hi! Well, meeting at that lounge seems ok then. I don't know what time I'm gonna be there though, cause I have to work and won't be able to be in Amsterdam before 19.00 (and that's going straight from work). I hope I can meet up with Telpeva or Foxy or someone else from The Hague already in The Hague. Cause if I have to go and try to find that lounge on my own... I don't know if I'll even go then. Anyway.. hope this will work out.. no meetings before the 26th in The Hague - Spuiplein??
Bye, Kim weavesmiley

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
Well Kim,
I know we never met, but I have to work the 26th also and I also be like 19:00 in A'dam. So maybe we can meet up and both go to A'dam. So then we can both be lost in A'dam. No I've looked it up and I'm reasonably know in A'dam so I think I know where we can go. If you want to meet before the 26th let me know, then we can meet before going to Amsterdam. I'm always up for some juggling.
Greetz,
Patrick

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Hey people!

the meeting Is going to be quite huge ubbangel angel2...
Some old friends are coming also btw: I contacted Carobananas, and she and Sabrina are probably coming & Michiel from the spuiplein meeting...
Only from the Utrecht group I haven't heard anything till so far...

I think there will be two groups leaving from the Hague, one early and one later on ...
If you can make it 19.00 o'clock, that would be exactly in time for dinner I think <>

What time were you planning to go to the juggling shop Fuero? Cuz it will prolly be closed by 7 o clock?! Or is it koopavond on friday in Amsterdam?

Page: ......