Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > im looking for some fellow dutch spinners

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
stickmanWorld Champ Procrastinator
580 posts

Posted:
frown hi there,

hey, is there anyone on HOP who is currently or shortly will be living in holland? just moved back home and i havent found the spinning community yet confused

spinning on my own is fun, but, ya know, i gotsta find some, umm, colleagues (?).. identify yourselves! im lonely ubbcrying beerchug

RAZESILVER Member
How much for a truckload of feathers?
108 posts

Posted:
Roezie, I'm also the newbie around here and I'm living in Amsterdam, so I'll be coming along to vondelpark too !! I don't spin with fire yet so I guess I'm the REAL n0000b wink

Can't wait. See all you guys there tomorrow night!!!

If you eat your dessert before your dinner, you will live longer. Living longer means more fire....

roeziemember
26 posts

Posted:
Hey poi star!!
What we are going to do is watch learn and go!!
Is going to be fun!!

see you!!!!

skitsSILVER Member
25 posts

Posted:
damn I can't come... but I'll see you all on the free goa fool moon festival in scheveningen!! be there or beware! muwhahahaha

Fueroaddict
465 posts

Posted:
See you guys tomorrow.

Hmm, there's gotta be something round and shiny, I can play with

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
I think I'm gonna go alittle earlier, i know the crowd that meets up there for ages ago and it would be funny to see them again. I guess I'll be leaving the central station at around 6.30, I'll just be walking out it's about 20mins walk or something. If anyone wants to join me gimme a shout or otherwise just see you in the park.

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Grrr weather looks kinda crappy, might have to bail out.

Come forth and thou shalt win enternal happiness. but he came fifth so he won an electric toatser.

RAZESILVER Member
108 posts

Posted:
Everyone who's going to vondelpark... I know the weather looks bad now, but it was hot earlier on, so maybe it will dry up by this evening. Stranger things have happened in amsterdam.
Bring your poi stuff and your rain coats and if the weather does continue to rain on our parade, we can go have a drink or something. I've already got 2 phat joints if anyone needs some cheering up wink
But DONT CANCEL... it will be very cool to meet everyone and get together anyway.

If you eat your dessert before your dinner, you will live longer. Living longer means more fire....

Motaddict
666 posts

Posted:
Argh it's just such a long way to the park from here. And the forecast does claim to get a little rough later. But we'll see, if it clears up I'll still show up.

RAZESILVER Member
108 posts

Posted:
*sigh* okay... can't blame me for being excited about it tho. I'll go just for the walk and if there's anyone there, then cool...
man, there's friggin lightning frown

RAZESILVER Member
108 posts

Posted:
@ Telpeva Isil : my "South African style" is a little new and if I eventually do get to meet up with you guys, it will be the first time that I'm poi-ing with more than 1 person actually holding poi equipment. Sad, yes.
I only started doing poi in February!
The weather in Amsterdam sucks at the moment, so I just hope that it improves at Scheveningen tomorrow. Don't wanna miss that.

roeziemember
26 posts

Posted:
hey poistar!! im innnnnnn!!!!! hope you still read this!! and otherwise we can get a drink and some smokes!!!

RAZESILVER Member
108 posts

Posted:
Hi roezie (and anyone else who's stumped for going to vondelpark),
well... looks like the weatherman lives in a different part of amsterdam frown I'm still keen to go out cos I've been holed up here for too long. Tell you what, if it stops raining by 7:30pm, then Vondelpark is still on. If it hasn't stopped raining by then, then let's meet at VOC Cafe at 8:00pm. It's a very cool place just east of the station - 95 Prins Hendrikkade if you need a street name - and we can decide what to do from there.

@ roezie I'll still call you anyway at 7:30 if it's raining, just to confirm.

RAZESILVER Member
108 posts

Posted:
oh btw, PoiStar = Colleen :P

roeziemember
26 posts

Posted:
Colleen i will just come to amsterdam and we'll have a drink. The weather is getting worse, that's what they say on tv. I just heard that the foolmoonparty tomorrow is cancelled!! Well i will wait for your call !!! see ya!! beerchug

skitsSILVER Member
25 posts

Posted:
THE FREE GOA FOOL MOON FESTIVAL IN SCHEVENINGEN HAS BEEN CANCELLED BECAUSE OF THE WEATHER!!!!

who's going to Legalize streetrave tomorrow/today in Amsterdam?

it's starts at 13.00 at the amstelstation. www.legalize.net biggrin biggrin biggrin
EDITED_BY: Celavita (1117834423)

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
crappy crap, couldn't check the forum so we missed all the fun last night (we waited at the dam but nobody came)...

well, better luck next time!

"Don’t know how long, this one’s gonna take;
I could fail, but I’d rather be a fuckup, than a fake"

Face_NLPLATINUM Member
addict
513 posts

Posted:
Puta merde, that sucks, I was looking kinda forward to it :-/...

Some other time, I'm afraid, opportunities enough to come I guess...

<>

|| "Is True Mastery of the Elements But a Dream?" ||

RAZESILVER Member
108 posts

Posted:
@ anonomatos: it rained and rained and rained (but I guess, at the dam, you already know that wink ) so me + my bf + roezie went to have a drink. When the rain stopped, there was no one else at vondelpark so we just spun a little bit (with 1 set of poi smile ) so you didn't really miss much, but yeah, you missed out wink

roeziemember
26 posts

Posted:
Well you did miss the fun parts of the night!! And i really think we were the best poi-ers in the vondelpark that moment!! wink

RAZESILVER Member
108 posts

Posted:
there was also an amateur diabolo guy, but he didn't stick around for long... I think our poi death-moves scared him away... roezie and the flying poi! See you monday girl! Don't forget to bring your poi!!

joostBRONZE Member
3 posts

Posted:
Written by: Celavita

THE FREE GOA FOOL MOON FESTIVAL IN SCHEVENINGEN HAS BEEN CANCELLED BECAUSE OF THE WEATHER!!!!

frown...

I don't see any lights, do you see them? nope

Perhaps it's behind that dune overthere... hey rain...

We got soaking wet by looking for a cancelled party frown

Then again I'm quite happy we didn't walk into the "Guus Meeuwis" tent with the intention that perhaps they would have put a tent over it... smile

Well see you next time than anyways.
EDITED_BY: joost (1117966391)

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
I guess next friday (10th of june) there's another vondelpark-meet (it's like a second chance :P )... i'll keep you guys up-to-date... dunno if I can make it myself but I'll try (i'm quite ill from time to time due to pfeiffer).

then I can test my streetlights biggrin

RAZESILVER Member
108 posts

Posted:
I'll be there!

punkskullmember
104 posts

Posted:
who was the guy I borrowed my glowsticks to at virus in the cybergoth-dancehall?
he was friggin good!!!
*practising wraps whenever i can... biggrin*

hakuna matata- rafiki (the lion king baboon)

DragosaniGOLD Member
sunset seadragon
679 posts

Posted:
Hi all,
Hope you have a splendid time at Vondelpark.
I'm from Oostende, Belgium myself and I won't be joining.
We have fire twirling every monday after the fireworks on the beach though.
I'll keep you posted if anyone is interested in coming over to Ostende.

Keep the fire burning !!! devil

“A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world.” - Oscar Wilde
Jointly owned by FreyaJ, Birgit and Aurinko

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
Next friday (10th of june) is set.
19:30h at the monument on the Dam. The weather supposed to be OK. Bring all your burny and glowy stuff! We're going to the vondelpark!

If it's raining:
Just come to the Dam! We know a place in the vondelpark we're we can shelter ánd poi! Just bring umbrella's for the way to the vondelpark smile but hell... what was I thinking, it's going to be GOOOOD weather! (right God?)

Anyways, see ya!

punkskullmember
104 posts

Posted:
nice dragosani...
maybe i'll come over for a weekend this summer...
(paulusfeesten?)
I've been there with compagnie doedel once during the feesten... really cool (and especially relaxed) over there smile
were you with the group twirling fire at paulusfeesten 2/3 years ago? then I know you... (then you might actually be the guy introducing me with poi... biggrinweavesmiley)
still no clue anybody on who the guy at virus was?
greets, jochem

hakuna matata- rafiki (the lion king baboon)

roeziemember
26 posts

Posted:
bounce2 yeah antoher meeting bounce2

I will try to come. I will be later because it's my brothers bithday but will look for all the glow and fire in the park when it's dark!!
And Im not planning to bring some rain with me!!!! So enjoy and see you guys there!!

RAZESILVER Member
108 posts

Posted:
I'll be there... praying like crazy for good weather!!

anonomatosGOLD Member
enthusiast
389 posts

Posted:
if anything happens, call me on 0617078763... i don't have enough prepaid credit to call or sms back, but i'll have my phone with me smile

Page: ......