Page:
griffinfeminine tiddly pom
505 posts

Posted:
right, been thinking for ages about getting either my nose or tongue pierced, with different reactions from different people
mates-yer!! go grace!! ill come/hold your hand/get something pierced too/woohoo!!
brother-yer...blatently..pass the hasesh...
mum-i'll be disappointed, i dont like piercings
dad-if you want to act, dont get your tongue pierced. my concern, apart from your safety, would be the lack of respect prospective employers would give you if they saw you...

so, i figured poi people would be knowledgable on such matters. im ok with keeping any holes clean etc, so...? ive thought a lot about it. ive been uneasy in my lifestyle for a while and altho, a hole and bit of metal wont help, it sorta symbolises the changes im implying at the moment. im dying part of my hair pink and maybe getting it wool wrapped so...continue the ball rolling? ubbrollsmile

in state of metamorphosis

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
I would love to get something done to stand out... but I dont think I could get anything major done... and everyone already has their belly and nose done, and I want to be differant, so I'm not sure about getting piercings, beside, I dont know if it would look right on me. But I wont be able to get anything done until I turn 18 and I am only 15, and then I will prolly have to move out before I get anything done or else mum would probably kill me, lol.

So I guess I will decide in the next ooh, 4 years or so, and then I will have to speak to someone who knows about this kind of stuff so they can say if it will suit... will they do that for u if u ask?

505 posts

Posted:
yes of course

MandSILVER Member
Keeper of the Spitfire
2,317 posts

Posted:
I get my labret piercing in a week! bounce bounce2

Great, that'll put both me and Spitfire out of action! rolleyes

Lets steal a spaceship and head for the sun, and shoot the stars with a lemonade ray gun.

SpitFireGOLD Member
Mand's Girl....and The Not So Shy One
2,723 posts

Posted:
rolleyes

BUT....it'll look really sexy on you! biggrin

bounce

Solitude sometimes speaks to you, and you should listen.

505 posts

Posted:
tee hee hee

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
you say you won't get addicted spitfire, but it's almost inevitable. biggrin

i'm thinking bout getting my belly done next week. not sure though. i want it, i just don't know if i should be spending money right now.

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

505 posts

Posted:
at least it wont be spent on something you'll eat and be done with, like food...

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
I think my lips look sexier now I've had me lip done... mind you it was a pain in the bum on the day cos I had a huge numb lip and then to make matters worse the ball popped off later on, found it put it back on with much difficulty, it popped of later when I was out drinking lots... so theres me searching a blasted pub floor for my ball... no chance there... asked me boyf if his tongue bar ball would fit...didnt work then whilst spazzing out and drunk I dropped te rest of the labret down a pughole still trying my futile attempts to put the ball on.. ended up trailing round asking friends if they could spare a ball, none could so I ended up wearing me boyfs whole tongue bar in me lip... not good at all.... to make matters worse in the morning, I realised I was wearing a lip ring in my ear.... DUH!!!!!

505 posts

Posted:
lol!! sillybilly! (but funny tale, so forgiven!)
my nose is now a bit itchy, and it fell out this morning (yes, my entire nose...onto my bathroom floor)
but i poked it back in, and its been a-ok
lol, yey!!

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
my friend told me that she wanted something interesting done.
Shes got her belly done, but wants like an eyebrow bar but into the bottom of her belly so its going horizontal instead of vertical. I think it would look quite good on her.

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
My nose wos a pain in thearse when I first got it... crustiness is never good... and if it pops out while still fresh its a pain to put it back.. well the same for all piercings while fresh I find

Same as Dostoevskiymember
54 posts

Posted:
you know, when god created human body- he made it perfect. that does not allow us making holes it ourselves, or drawings or stuff...

when it gets colder that -25, you don't really care

pengwinoBRONZE Member
suitable for vegetarians
300 posts

Posted:
God also gave us birthmarks and moles and other things we didn't want, so i would much rather have a nice picture of something i chose / designed myself on my body and feel lucky that i am able to do this. i didn't say that very well but you get the idea...

animals who are not penguins can only wish they were

505 posts

Posted:
i dont believe in god, or any other higher power, but i think that piercings and tattoos can also show dedication to your faith. and the human body is not perfect.

and yer, whenever i clean it, when i flare my nostrils (i do regularly) it pops out, and ive already lost one down the plughole. but its doing well, but its kinda slightly itchy, but its healing so im v biggrin

WryTerraThe reason we say "European"
912 posts

Posted:
perfect?

my sight defects aren't perfection and i'll wear glasses to correct it quite happily

if i was born with a problem that could be corrected, i'd have it corrected

and if my problem happens to be i don't have a hole where i want it or pigmentation where i want it, i'll change that too

"We have done the impossible and that makes us mighty" - Mal Reynolds

"I can't tell the difference between an electron and a cat" - Brother of a friend

Hanzveteran
1,328 posts

Posted:
I was going to say that even though we were created in God's image, we're not perfect, we're human, we will never be perfect.
And I bet there are alot of people out there who dont believe there is a God so this argument wont always work.
As someone else said sometimes tattoos can be a good way to show your faith... like i would love to get FSH tattoo'd on my left arm, between my wrist and elbow, on the inside... why FSH? Father, Son, Holy Spirit, so it means something to me... and it will get people asking questions.

fee fairynewbie
34 posts

Posted:
i've got over 30 piercings in various places, and i have to say that occasionally, i have experienced bad reactions in job interviews. The answer was easy, i just didn't take th job. My principles are more than that. i worked as a body piercer for a year.

If you really want it, then go for it, but remember that you are making a commitment to your body, you will have to look after it whilst it heals, and keep an eye on it after then. i've just managed to infect one of my navel piercings and my nose piercing through using a body scrub. you would have thought i would have learned by now...

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
exactly what fee says - it's your bod, it's precious so look after it.

About jobs and things - just see how it goes - it's not permenant. if you're unemployed for months simply because of a bit of metal then it's not that important, just take it out. If you really have been considering it for a long time then I'd say go for it and enjoy it and learn and see what happens.

let us know biggrin

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

EveishGOLD Member
*Tickles pretty strangers*
610 posts

Posted:
One thing to remember, when you get your tongue pierced, try to avoid hot drinks and hot food for a week or so, that will reduce the swelling... eat lots of ice cream. I could talk normally about 2 days after I had mine done, where as a friend of mine who had hers done on the same day, drank hot tea and coffee straight away and was so swollen she couldn't talk for a week.

What if I should fall right through the centre of the Earth and come out the other side where people walk upside-down?!

PsyriSILVER Member
artisan
1,576 posts

Posted:
I remember well when I got my tongue done.... my mum said no bad idea you musnt get it done... I was bored and considered it again so I went and had it done.... i turn up at home and my mum says 'why are you speaking funny?', in reply I stick my tongue out and she squeals and flaps her hands like it was some horrid bug attacking her... rofl
I devoured any ice-cream in the vicinity n all

djmagicfairyBRONZE Member
stranger
12 posts

Posted:
Hiya, JUst wanted to add something. I've had numerous piercings and my favourite is my tongue. Have had it done for four years now and have never had a problem with keeping it clean, although everybody's body is different. As for perspective employers judging you, I am a student nurse and went for my interview with it in. They accepted me and now I work on wards all the time and I don't get any disrespect from anyone for it. Most people don't see it until I either mention it or they notice it some weeks into my plcement. Everyone I speak to say they like it (that could be because they really do or have one themselves) Getting my tongue done was the best thing I ever did and I really don't want to take it out ever.. Go for it. It's worth it x eek

What's your crack then?

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
i just got my navel pierced.....top and bottom biggrin that brings the count up to 22 piercings biggrin they look so adorable too!!!

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

505 posts

Posted:
yey!! someone's got an addiction... wink
hope it heals

pounceSILVER Member
9,831 posts

Posted:
me? addiction? never!! *hides avatar*

biggrin

**giggles**

505 posts

Posted:
tongue as it were

TwirlyShoryuken!
233 posts

Posted:
Two experiences thismorning drew me to this thread.

I've had my nipple pierced for about 6 weeks now and really really like it. However, my first nunchucks came thismorning, and they mixed poorly. I was trying out that Bruce Lee thing where he flings it over one shoulder and catches the other handle under his armpit, then hoys it over the other shoulder and catches it under that armpit. Needles to say, having never tried it before, I missed and hit my nipple. Cue shrill cry.

Then I came back on here + saw a thing about waistwraps. Someone showed me at WOMAD how to do it, but I didn't try much + thus failed to pick it up. So I tried again, and yup, you guessed it, I hit my nipple. Four times.

Do not learn waistwraps with a nip piercing in, unless you luuurve the pain.

I got the back of my wrist pierced at christmas, three 2cm bars like a little bracelet. It looked damn cool, but all came out within 2 months. If you get surface piercings, you need to think about the practicality of them. For instance, what will happen if I'm drunk and try to get a can out of a thin cardboard box? What will happen if I get frustrated and slam my fist off a table? Do I naturally sleep with my body weight mostly on my wrist?

On the up side, I now have three badass scars. I like them too smile

Ooooh and my mate got the back of his neck pierced, but bust his arm the next day, and had to get it taken out to accomodate his sling.

He had some chest ones too, that came out after someone punched him in the chest.

Davy

505 posts

Posted:
oooooooooooooo hug but not too tightly

TwirlyShoryuken!
233 posts

Posted:
Hehe, we need a posh french style peck on the cheek smiley, that wouldnt hurt.

Oooh the guy that did my nip had his cheeks (face) pierced, that was odd.

505 posts

Posted:
ok, *kiss on cheek* avec biggrin
close enough? (to kissing smiley, teehee)

Sir_Sheepold hand
725 posts

Posted:
An hour and a half ago I got both my nipples pierced.

Couldn't be happier biggrin

Spoiling Christmas for small children since 2003.

Page: