Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Falmouth II - Bigger, Brighter & Burnier than ever

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Mr Fish o'flame is right, I think we need to have a new thread for the second meet especially as it won't let me edit the title of the old one rolleyes

So here's the open invitation to everyone who reads this to join us in Falmouth. It seems most agree on the weekend of 6th-8th or there round abouts (I'll be there from the 5th) and we're camping

here at the same campsite

and spending our nights

here on Maenporth Beach

If you wanna see what the last meeting looked like visit

Soton Firespinners to download the video

If anyone wants to come just turn up but we'd appreciate a post or two to let us know so we can be sure the campsite can expect a certain number of people although they have lots of space and no doubt would fit us in without a problem.

Its a winner, you know it makes sense, be there or be a square poi and besides what else have you got to do you bunch of weirdos!?! wink

And if we want it better I think we should be a little better prepared for funness, does anyone have one of those massive tents like army ones? Or would anyone be interested in piling into a couple of chalets perhaps? And maybe a generator for tunes on the beach *cough*strugz*cough* for when the bones start showing through Mags' fingers?! wink Any other suggestions folks? Could people all try to bring a little wood with them please? Even a few sticks each will make a massive difference but if Brad wants to use his 100% work discount again that'd be well cool biggrin hug2

So who's-a comin? bounce bounce2 grouphug devil kiss beerchug wow hehe ubbrollsmile juggle weavesmiley ubblove biggrin ubbidea sunny

The list currently looks like this and I'll keep this post updated for ease of looking for links and names etc

FALMOUTH II Peeps - For Sure!

==========================

Custom Bug Fri-Sun

George Fri-sun and at least 6 friends

Rossco Bossco Fri-Sun

Mags Fri-sun

Bird Fri-sun

Frodo Fri-sun

Beth Fri-sun

Strugz Fri-sun

Durbs Fri-sun

Greenmilk Fri-sun

Char Fri-sun

Spud Fri-sun

Chico Fri-sun

Peter Parker Fri-sun

ChunkyN Fri-sun

Puresock Fri-sun

Sinjax Fri-sun

Reflex + Ms Reflex Fri-sun

Pink..? & her birthday Fri-sun

Garthy Fri-sun

BradFire Fri-sun

Parafinfairy Fri-sun

Oli Fri-sun

Prof£t Fri-sun

Narr Fri-sun

Vixen Fri-sun

x-aimee-x Fri-sun

Crazyhippychick Fri-sun

FALMOUTH II Peeps - Possibly

Duballstar

Firefish

Keith - Other Toasters

Fireflzy (From Firetoys messageboard)

Craig (From Firetoys messageboard)

Firemonkey

Spanner

Let's relight this forum ubblove

reflexBRONZE Member
26 posts

Posted:
Written by: Custom Bug

Written by: mech

yeah, drums and giutars, live jamming, but i brough my drum last time, so someone will need to bring another, as mine wont be going this time!

Written by: FALMOUTH II THREAD

ok lets make this happen

Custom Bug Fri-Sun
Rossco Bossco Fri-Sun
Mags Fri-sun
Bird Fri-sun
Frodo Fri-sun
Beth Fri-sun
Strugz Fri-sun
Durbs Fri-sun
Greenmilk Fri-sun
Char Fri-sun
Spud Fri-sun
Chico Fri-sun
Peter Parker Fri-sun
ChunkyN Fri-sun
Puresock Fri-sun
Sinjax Fri-sun
Reflex + Ms Reflex wink Fri-sun

Duballstar
PSI
Pink..?
Firefish
BradFire
Parafinfairy
Keith - Other Toasters
Oli
Prof£t ?
Garthy
Narr
Vixen ?
x-aimee-x

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Maenporth Beach is were we will play, and same campsite. is were we will be staying

If you would like to come please, quote this list, and add you name as approriate, please also include the addresses for campsite, and beach ad you quote!

Thankyou Mech

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
My wallet is crying!!! haha. If its my only option then im sorry but i dont think i can come! x

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Hmm - perhaps if you can get yourself half way, and be more en-route somone could give you a life halfway?
Cheaper trains then and a more sociable journey...
Does however mean you could be waiting at a station for a while.
I can't offer you a lift as yet, as I'm not sure how other many Slices of Toast are coming down, but if I've got a space and you can get yourself to intercept our journey - you can jump in! smile

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Excuse me but why am i only on the "possibly" list? I was never possibly. I'm definately coming biggrin

And Definately for the whole weekend. Just need to find a way of getting down. ubbangel Thinking of taking a coach or something.

Oh and I'm celebrating my Birthday there ubbangel *hint hint*

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

reflexBRONZE Member
26 posts

Posted:
seems like it's gonna be a good weekend smile can't wait to meet ya all biggrin

Tom

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Durbs - where are u driving from??? via where? x

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
Written by: mech

yeah, drums and giutars, live jamming, but i brough my drum last time, so someone will need to bring another, as mine wont be going this time!

Written by: FALMOUTH II THREAD

ok lets make this happen

Custom Bug Fri-Sun

Rossco Bossco Fri-Sun

Mags Fri-sun

Bird Fri-sun

Frodo Fri-sun

Beth Fri-sun

Strugz Fri-sun

Durbs Fri-sun

Greenmilk Fri-sun

Char Fri-sun

Spud Fri-sun

Chico Fri-sun

Peter Parker Fri-sun

ChunkyN Fri-sun

Puresock Fri-sun

Sinjax Fri-sun

Reflex + Ms Reflex wink Fri-sun

Pink..? & her birthday wink Fri-sun

Duballstar

PSI

Firefish

BradFire

Parafinfairy

Keith - Other Toasters

Oli

Prof£t ?

Garthy

Narr

Vixen ?

x-aimee-x

Firemonkey

Spanner

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maenporth Beach is were we will play, and same campsite. is were we will be staying

If you would like to come please, quote this list, and add you name as approriate, please also include the addresses for campsite, and beach ad you quote!

Thankyou Mech

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Blimey, I just looked on a map - that's one big drive - about 300 miles each way eek

Might have to revise my plans - I can only do this if I have a full-ish car to share petrol costs...

Vixen - I'm coming from a little place called Bookham, depending which way I can go, there's a chance I'll be M5'ing it all the way, which goes pretty much right through Swindon - so possibly. Although the shorter (but not neccesarily quicker) route is quite different and is pretty much A303 until Exeter. I'll hold off making an offer until I know if I've got any spaces smile

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Thank you Strugz hug

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
ok no worries... thank you for thinking of me tho! xxx

ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
I'll be a definate as well - Friday-Sunday so please take me off the maybe list!!

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

garthySILVER Member
old hand
717 posts

Posted:
Well I'm a definatly if work don't screw me over.

I think PSI (mike) Is trecking in Peru around then so I doubt he'll be coming unless he cancels ubblol

Vixen: I can give you, and any one else who can get here, a lift from Bristol "IF" I go .. It's not much for a coach to bristol from London (around £10-15) so Oxford can't much more

Will probably be driving down Fri and back sunday night.

ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile

"**grumble*spuriouswindmills*grumble**" - Coleman
"if poi was only for girls there wouldnt be many good poi spinners...." - Nx

Peter_Parkerstranger
11 posts

Posted:
falmouth II is going to so cool, reminds me i better get some films in. 3 and abit weeks left!!

- SNAP-

WarchildBRONZE Member
After 17 hrs i got the little beautie
340 posts

Posted:
Im away for 5 minutes and this is what happens. Aint read all this thread yet but just seen the date and realized i cant make it.

After missing out on most of the last one i was hoping to make this one. But unfortunately its the same time as Sidmouth folk festival (A festival probably none of you of heard of) But its something i just cant miss.

Hope all of you have a wicked time. The only consolation i have is i too will be spinning on a beach that weekend but one in east Devon.

Enjoy people

peace

A wise man once told me, A friend will bail you outta jail, A great friend will be sitting beside you saying that was f**king awesome.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Dude east devon ain't too far! You should pop down for a day or something. We arrive on Thursday if you wanna come down then and go Friday or something?

We missed you at the last one! hug

WarchildBRONZE Member
After 17 hrs i got the little beautie
340 posts

Posted:
That could be a plan. what time you getting there thursday? would definatly have to leave on the friday though.

A wise man once told me, A friend will bail you outta jail, A great friend will be sitting beside you saying that was f**king awesome.

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Well hopefully we'll be leaving first thing Thursday morning so after about 7 hours drive I expect we'll be there by about 4ish. Mags & Co will be about aswell of course seeing as they live there so all should be cool mate no matter what time you arrive biggrin

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
ubbrollsmile

I found the perfect tune for the vid, after going through my entire collection, i gave up - then i rememberd "a wise man once said dont look for the tune, the tune will find you"

At that moment my cousin decided driver 3 needed a good playing and the sounds hit our ears................... cool

i have scenes cut and ready to go - now all i need to do is add some

""Snarf Snarf - be carefull wiley cat""

Some credits, then Falmouth - the vid will be available for rental, then everyone can see why they must come down to the next gathering biggrin

Be up by weeeekdend ubbrollsmile

"...We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing......."

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
bounce2 bounce bounce2

This is one of the many reason why we love you Strugz hug

sunny

strugzBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,964 posts

Posted:
redface thankx

Well - its nice to give a little back, especially when sooo much effort and time goes into its organisation eh Bug n Mech biggrin

hug

I want to get on an finish but, im afraid work may have summit to say like "what has a hobbit diving over fire got to do with that school extension your drawing huh?"

But, temptation may get the better of me devil

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
OK IF YOU ARE A DEFFINATE ADD YOUR SLEF TO TEH [censored] LIST!

Step (el-nombrie)

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
ooh step...why has your avater turned all green tinged?? wink

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Written by: Strugz

redface thankx

Well - its nice to give a little back, especially when sooo much effort and time goes into its organisation eh Bug n Mech biggrin

hug

It was no effort redface just tell poiple, make a phone call or two and that's that. And now everyone knows about it and where it is etc I don't have to do anythng cept make a couple campsite calls !:D

edited for extra temptation

*tempt tempt....poke......tempt tempt* devil

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
ok aimz han plus dad 99% sure we're comming. shouldn't be moving until 2 weeks *after* so is all cool beans. and have managed to pinch a tent and calor gas stove off of someone too smile

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
i only just realised that my dad recently moved to falmouth smile
that would be a convenient coincidence smile

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
*pisses him self at Mech's frustrated outbursts*

*then pisses himself more at mrFlibble*

*goes and changes trousers*

Right. Vix, one way or another we will get you here. Just have faith mate.

Guitars and drums and stuff are good, drums most of all, as they really dont take any special talent, you just follow someone elses beats. And the louder the drums, the happier and spinnier I'll be. biggrin

Durbs, your avatar kills me.

Bug, are you camping thursday night? Would you guys care for a spot of dinner round mine?

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
I might go and invest in a nice drum, what kind of price should i be looking at??

Oooooh! forget that, i might have to get someone to buy me one for my birthday biggrin biggrin what kind of price should they be looking at??

biggrin

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
£40 would get you a swell one in some places. Depends where you go. Try to avoid those little hippy shops that sell incense sticks and cushions, they're generally overpriced.

Anyone else who's gonna be in Falmouth on the Thursday, the dinner invitation is open to all.

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
i might be able to pop down but ive got work on friday morning frown will see what i can do!

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
conveniently, I have the Friday off work! biggrin So I may well find myself down that way on thursday too.

HUZZAH for 4 day weekends!

biggrin biggrin biggrin biggrin

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Page: ......