Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > Falmouth II - Bigger, Brighter & Burnier than ever

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ......
DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Mr Fish o'flame is right, I think we need to have a new thread for the second meet especially as it won't let me edit the title of the old one rolleyes

So here's the open invitation to everyone who reads this to join us in Falmouth. It seems most agree on the weekend of 6th-8th or there round abouts (I'll be there from the 5th) and we're camping

here at the same campsite

and spending our nights

here on Maenporth Beach

If you wanna see what the last meeting looked like visit

Soton Firespinners to download the video

If anyone wants to come just turn up but we'd appreciate a post or two to let us know so we can be sure the campsite can expect a certain number of people although they have lots of space and no doubt would fit us in without a problem.

Its a winner, you know it makes sense, be there or be a square poi and besides what else have you got to do you bunch of weirdos!?! wink

And if we want it better I think we should be a little better prepared for funness, does anyone have one of those massive tents like army ones? Or would anyone be interested in piling into a couple of chalets perhaps? And maybe a generator for tunes on the beach *cough*strugz*cough* for when the bones start showing through Mags' fingers?! wink Any other suggestions folks? Could people all try to bring a little wood with them please? Even a few sticks each will make a massive difference but if Brad wants to use his 100% work discount again that'd be well cool biggrin hug2

So who's-a comin? bounce bounce2 grouphug devil kiss beerchug wow hehe ubbrollsmile juggle weavesmiley ubblove biggrin ubbidea sunny

The list currently looks like this and I'll keep this post updated for ease of looking for links and names etc

FALMOUTH II Peeps - For Sure!

==========================

Custom Bug Fri-Sun

George Fri-sun and at least 6 friends

Rossco Bossco Fri-Sun

Mags Fri-sun

Bird Fri-sun

Frodo Fri-sun

Beth Fri-sun

Strugz Fri-sun

Durbs Fri-sun

Greenmilk Fri-sun

Char Fri-sun

Spud Fri-sun

Chico Fri-sun

Peter Parker Fri-sun

ChunkyN Fri-sun

Puresock Fri-sun

Sinjax Fri-sun

Reflex + Ms Reflex Fri-sun

Pink..? & her birthday Fri-sun

Garthy Fri-sun

BradFire Fri-sun

Parafinfairy Fri-sun

Oli Fri-sun

Prof£t Fri-sun

Narr Fri-sun

Vixen Fri-sun

x-aimee-x Fri-sun

Crazyhippychick Fri-sun

FALMOUTH II Peeps - Possibly

==========================

Duballstar

Firefish

Keith - Other Toasters

Fireflzy (From Firetoys messageboard)

Craig (From Firetoys messageboard)

Firemonkey

Spanner

Let's relight this forum ubblove

The_Pirate_Dyke_BoyHOP Lord of the Pirate Admiralty
1,079 posts

Posted:
ooo add me to the list of peeps coming!!

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

Master of the Free Hug Program

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
yay! reserve me a pair! biggrin hmmm i wonder if kevlar arm protector thingies can be dyed purple? or black? or pink?? its worth a try biggrin least i'll not have chargrilled arms anymore smile

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
hello girlfriend!! u gonna call me? this is the only place u seem to be at the moment!!

anyway, back to convo no.1

falmouth.... i shall be bringing my brother aka dude_man and he rocks, so cant wait to see u all, and my girl, and actually speak to her, my mum wont sign my permission slip to let me sleep in the same tent as beth,

so it looks like im in my car again, well unless anyother female hoppers are offerring ? wink beth?? can u forge mums signiture? sorry about the spelling
eek

passing through, this world still lives.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Did someone mention the colour pink? ubbangel

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
Why do you need arm protectors? How else are you gonna get all the sexy scarring?

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Bill Hicks, February 1988

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
sexy scarring.... ummm

anyone wanna see a sexy scar then just look st me willy!!

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
I'll pass mate. Thanks all the same. smile

"I believe the cost of life is Death and we will all pay that in full. Everything else should be a gift. We paid the cover charge of life, we were born."

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
I've just managed to watch the edited Falmouth 1 vid. Hehehehe.

How cool is that?

I love the way Bug just appears out of the darkness behind me when we're all spinning together. Well spooky. biggrin

This one's gonna be even better!

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
not long now!!

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
5 days!!!!!!!!

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
Mags, sexy scarring is appealing... but i dont like pain sooo arm protectors it is! wink plus monkey fists wrapping around my arms is a scary thought, spesh if they get caught or tangle... *shudder*

Strugz - hello! Mags post reminded me, can i nick a copy of the falmouth footage when you come down pleeease? i think im the only one who hasnt seen it all yet frown thankee biggrin

Frodo! You said you'd call me! tongue *picks up phone*

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
In that case my arms are really sexy. smile Or will be when the scabs come off and i actually get the scars.

biggrin

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
really mags, u have to pick the scabs off to make a scar!!

graceBRONZE Member
117 posts

Posted:
yay i managed to save my money and yay im coming down, im sure srugz will mock me and frodo will too, and youll all be able to join in at my attempts to spin any sort of fire

oh oh and i hope ill have my own fire poi by then also, first ever burning of them **note to self bring a loooooot of parafin** juggle
EDITED_BY: grace (1091354044)

Hold my breath when you are near
so i don't have to breath you in
look away before i start to endorse
your eyes full of hate and remorse
in to the eye of another
be the silence that screams

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
4 days!!!!

*runs around the house like a child*

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
*has been running around like a child for at least a week now*

tongue

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
Is anyone having transport (or other) problems?

Now is the time to say if you are, so we can help get you sorted.

devil

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
says he, with the broken motorbike! wink

anyone would think you were after people to help you push it mags!?!?

tongue

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

fireflyzmember
73 posts

Posted:
jus been checking out the weather forcast for thursday .....and............SCORCHIO.... its going to be a steamer
https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml?id=3731

Seeing as the weather is going to be hot hot hot... dont forget to do those checks on your car.. we dont want anyone breaking down on the way there.....

is anyone taking a stereo with them? ive got about 20 D size batteries (the big fat ones) lying about a fair few quids worth of batteries but ill bring them if anyones got anything they will work in!! they are industrial batteries from duracell so they last ages. ill start the bidding at a can of fosters and a biffy....
any takers!!!! ubbloco

who ate all the poi's?

How much of a difference will YOU make to the world today?

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
Bird>> Doesnt matter about the bike, as i wasnt gonna use it to get to maenporth anyway. I was gonna get one of you friendly folk to gimme a lift. biggrin

It better stay hot. It's very VERY hot today, but thunderstorms were predicted for the beginning of this week, so who can tell.

If you want music, i'm sure we could find a generator and some decks. biggrin

fireflyzmember
73 posts

Posted:
Decks would be a very big yes i think!!!

generator,decks,beach,beer,?????,fire,massive group of friends what else could you ask for!!! biggrin

who ate all the poi's?

How much of a difference will YOU make to the world today?

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
We shall see. We can discuss it on Friday, and we may well be able to nick a jenny for the saturday. Of course, if anyone's got the space to bring one on the off chance, then do yer worst. My only worry about it has always been the fact that Maenporth does have residential housing very near by, and the last thing we want is the thing being shut down by the Roz.

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
i think that introducing a jenny would be a good idea, is she single?

no really bad idea i rekon its just asking for trouble, "the roz" as u put it, would be there like a flash, and we have mags to entertain us with music, until his fingers blead anyway...

then i shall take over with my harmonica!

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
p.s.. mags.. can i arrive at urs like 4 am friday morning??

Mags The JediGOLD Member
Fool
2,020 posts

Posted:
Er...yeah, sure. I'll make sure the door's unlocked. No worries mate.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
thought i would come say hi, and let you knwo im safly in singapor airport, and just waiting for my connection flight now to brisbane!

so please enjoy the falmouth event guys, me and bug were very proud of teh way teh last one turned out, and we both hope you all have fun again, and get as luck as beth and frodo! wink

laterdays guys

Step (el-nombrie)

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Yeah - Generator and decks don't sound like the best idea - it's not a free party guys smile
Plus we don't want to attract "undesirables" (not to mention hippies wink )

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

VixenSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,276 posts

Posted:
Theres nothin wrong with a freeparty!!!!! xxx

tHeReS gOoD aNd EvIl iN EaCh InDiViDuAl fIrE, iDeNtIfIeS nEeDs AnD fEeDs OuR dEsIrEs.

graceBRONZE Member
117 posts

Posted:
has anyone got any directions to where this place is fronm falmouth train station? i may end up having to come by train

Hold my breath when you are near
so i don't have to breath you in
look away before i start to endorse
your eyes full of hate and remorse
in to the eye of another
be the silence that screams

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Except their tendancy to get shut down and attract police attention...

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

Page: ......