Forums > Social Chat > Do dreams have meanings?

Login/Join to Participate

brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
I have always have realy vivid dreams for as long as i remember
one i had a few days ago was;
"At work (old childrens hospital) in the old part of the building i was to work on the top floor, spoke to one of the nurses who warned me that this floor was haunted!! but they will leave me alone as long as i am not afraid... i start mt shift and things start moving around but i can handle that then, the dream starts getting a little grusome as a coligue gets killed in a rather not nice way, this realy scares me and so in the dream i hide in one of the rooms and can see the images of small child shapes through the blinds, so i decide to turn the tv on and try to calm my self down. I calm down and decide that i would like to go home so i make my way to the lift, but thedoors open to reveal a brick wall so i go to the stair case and make the 8 floors down.
As i go down the stairs i pass a oil lamp on the wall which is a bit strange in a 21 cent hospital, passed a doctor who stared straight through me, he was dressed 1920s style.
i reach the entrence area and it is full of 1920s people, who as i pass stare at me like im completley mad, so i exit, as i look back, the hospital has returned to normal, so in my dream i decide i would like to wake up, so i woke up."
the thing that makes this odd was ive had this dream about 5 times in the last month.

does any one have a odd dream they would like to share or some insight into this one??

ParafinfairySILVER Member
old hand
845 posts

Posted:
I had a really nasty dream about someone trying to steal my rabbit. I can't really remember any details anymore but I woke up climbing up my curtains and had a bruise on my knee which I did somehow while I was asleep. When I woke up my heart was racing and I had to calm down before I could go back to sleep. I've had a similar dream where I've woken up climbing the windows before!! Lucky I sleep with the windows closed!!

I often dream about things that I've been doing or talking about that day. If ever I have a strange dream that I remember I can usually always find some connection with something thats happened recently or thats been on my mind.

Slicing the Loaf as we speak.

I need it..... Trust me!

Fine_Rabid_DogInternet Hate Machine
10,530 posts

Posted:
Ive had a few, but this one guy at my school in the room next to me, he has horrid nightmares!

I wake up to her him screaming crying and other such things.

This one time, he ran out of his room, scrabbled at a window in an attempt to open it, ran to the bathroom, came back and yelled "U guys, I saw the scariest thing!" and went back to bed.

What freaked me out was that his eyes were closed the whole time, xcept when he spoke, then his eyes where wide open, but kinda glazed over. Freaky...

The existance of flamethrowers says that someone, somewhere, at sometime said "I need to set that thing on fire, but it's too far away."

LyraSILVER Member
spiny norman
314 posts

Posted:
i can usually analyze dreams, but only of the people i know, sorry, but i do think dreams have meaning, at least i think they're more important than most give them credit for, if anything they show us something deeper about ourselves that we cant usually see, but brodieman-x, only thing i can think of for you is that your worried about being able to take something, or make it through something without help, but again i dont know you, sooo....

if you think that our kiss was all in the lips, come on you got it all wrong man, and if you think that our dance was all in the hips then, oh well, do the twist -The White Stripes

woodnymphmember
313 posts

Posted:
You could try to understand your dream by doing a bit of free associating with it,ie....pick a theme in the dream or a person,object etc. and then just write down the first thing that pops into your head and keep it going,then look back over it and see what you've got?Dreams can be really clever and subtle,like riddles....i find the numbers theme(1920)intriguing.....

_Aime_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
I don't really remember my dreams, unless i've been woken up towards the morning and fallen back asleep again *glares at the dog* Then its usually one of two things, either just random events from the day being splodge together in some weird and wonderful way, or really horrid ones about dead bodies and stuff *shivers* i've never had a re-acuring(sp?) dream but if im in a really bad dream i blink really fast and that wakes me up.

GidgBRONZE Member
Super Gidg!!!!
8,506 posts

Posted:
I believe that dreams means something. It can either be symbolic, and you need to figure out what it means, or it is truistic. Sometimes a cake is just a cake.

Personally I don't remember the last time I dreamed something. But my reoccurring dream has always been flying. No plane, no wings, just flying up there in the air.

hug hug wave wave

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is NOT.
Proud member of the HoP DPS.
Sanity is a highly overrated state of mind.
I'm normal ... it's everyone else that's crazy.

Gidg

ddedhiaBRONZE Member
1 post

Posted:
Hi

I see dreams in color. Have you guys have had that ? is kind of freaky .. my psycology friend tells that as per segmund freud, dreams are replay of events over the day or some previous day with some connection ..

love and light,
D.D.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
life is dream, only our bodies are more solid, and that our perception is more closed. We simultaneously exist in multiple bodies, in multiple planes... it is that we aren't capable of awakening in all of them at once that we believe they don't exist.
I like yoo.

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
My last dream featured my mate sleeping near a car and one of the last things i saw before i went to sleep had been a picture of him asleep in the back seat of a car on the way home... it all made sense after that, although a lot of my recent dreams have been about driving in one way or another...

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
had the same dream again last night ........odd !!! smile

tadhgBRONZE Member
stranger
6 posts

Posted:
I think the worst dream I had was after a girl I was going out with broke up with me. It was weeks later. I dreamt that she stayed at my house with one of her friends. She made fun of me and said really hurtful things. The reason I think that was the worst dream is, it took me a few weeks to forgive her. Even though it was only a dream, it was so real I found it hard to convince myself that she hadn't done it.

The worst nightmare I had was of three guys trying to kill me. I was only a kid, but all of my neighbours were older than they are now. I went to one of neighbours houses to escape the men, but they followed me. There was the ghost of a young girl there. I was so frightened. I was more scared of her than the murderers.
There's more detail but I won't bother with it.
My brother woke me then - I'd been moaning and woke him

I'm in my own little world. It's alright though, they know me here.

tadhgBRONZE Member
stranger
6 posts

Posted:
I think dreams are just your subconscience staying active while you are asleep.
Most dreams are about places and people you know.
There are strange dreams that are caused by other conditions. Like a friend of mine used to have really weird dreams when he slept on my mates couch. I think it was because his neck was bent all night - cutting off blood to head.

I do believe in dreams with meanings/visions. But I think they are rare. My sister got up one morning and told us she had a dream that there was an earthquake in Turkey, that night on the news, it said there had been.

I'm in my own little world. It's alright though, they know me here.

LyraSILVER Member
spiny norman
314 posts

Posted:
nice post bender,

i have reacurring dreams all the time, all nightmares, i think dreams are just kinduv writen off be alot of people, when they should be considered more

i have some weird dream stuff; whenever i dream of my house it always has an extra room in it

i love how when you dream about somplace or someone they dont have to actually look like the real thing, as long as you know what they are it dosent matter

happy dreaming everyone ubbrollsmile

if you think that our kiss was all in the lips, come on you got it all wrong man, and if you think that our dance was all in the hips then, oh well, do the twist -The White Stripes