Forums > Social Chat > Stolen poi and a bad head

Login/Join to Participate

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Right, its half past 6, I haven't slept again, and I'm in a bad mood. My firechains got nicked from the cupboard under the stairs last week. I live in student flats, and theres a fair few of us (dizzy bird is the only one that uses hop I think) that spin. SO i'm left with this horrible conclusion that someone I know has nicked them. Thats really upsetting. Were all pretty 'open house' round here too, leaving our front doors on the catch when were in and stuff, so people can open the door and get into the flat when were in. I had them in a bag that was well hidden in the cupboard too. Only the other people that spin know I keep them there. Shyte on a stick I hate situations like this. I could really do with spinning my homemade staff to lab 4 played REALLY feckin' loud now, but my neigbours would shoot me, I'd get wet, and the rain wouldn't agree with my stereo. ARRRGH! I think I'll just go and have another cup of tea and mull over the situation some more. shyte. shyte. shyte.

[ 30 April 2002, 17:33: Message edited by: Spiral ]

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Hmmm, that sucks. At least you have a staff to beat down the person who stole your firechains when you catch him/her. But then you might know them so... err no beatings with staffs... just one of those make them feel guilty speeches.

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
I still think beatings might be a good idea, I've tried the 'lets let everyone know they've been nicked, and if theyre back in a few days, or just left on my doorstep all will be cool'. ho hum, where's poirot or holmes when u need them, for gods sake even the old biddy from 'murder she wrote' would do! lol

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Maybe someone just took them for a spin and never meant to steel ? (says positive Cassandra )
I am sorry to hear about that. It is worse when it happens with people you know ...
Confront them maybe saying that "someone probably took my poi by mistake... I want it back by tomorrow, thank you"...
and wait and see.
You know your chains, uh ? (I could recognize mine among so many chains) so one day you'll bump into them ...
and that is when you'll use that peace and control inside of you to just slap the thief with a look of disdain...

anyway ... keep cool, sweet one, you'll find your chains I'm sure !!!

shine on
Cassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Sorry to hear that There's some dodgy, shoddy people about. Maybe somebody saw you guys spinning and thought they'd have a go so took them, so might not have been a spinning friend, just a random.

Luckily I know my poi, they're all pretty unique, so if I caught anyone who stole my poi they'd be really in for it. Nothing like a pissed off pacifist with pent-up anger!

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
That's the most F***ed up thing I've ever heard... Let me at'um, let me at'um...

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Maybe you should get Whitters to find them like he did with that mobile at Alex's party. Although, you know he'll only blame Naked Tim.

Blaming Naked Tim could be good though. Someone to vent your anger on....

Meh

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
ME and whitters did the lets ransack everywhere thing to no avail.

fluffy napalm fairyCarpal \'Tunnel
3,638 posts

Posted:
You not got your stuff back yet Spiral? hmm.....makes me sad when shit like that happens

Geologists do it in the dirt................ spank

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
who ever did it spiral send em to me i will let the coons loose on their ass..
but Lab4 good choice in tunage... shame i couldnt make it on friday i heard it was blinding. oh well maybe some time again soon.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Any luck yet kid?

Meh

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
I haven't had any luck, but when I find 'em the sheffield poi massiv can get medieval on their ass

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
sends out my coons in chainmail and a big ass sword cos i'm too scared to go out side. They love to eat people (ie: tempests big toe)

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Have I hideously offended the god/godess of the spinning arts? Am I a heretic or heathen in their eyes. Had a friends birthday party the other day, we were all sat round a fire. A freind asks to borrow my new home made staff. 'Sure' I say. 'dont leve it outside' I say. The next day I go to get it, and they haven't got it. What do I find? Two couple of inch long stumps. Some had decided that A UV reactive performance staf would make good firewood. I give up. I really do. Now I have to go to zogg with no spinning toys because they've all been stolen, Immolateted or eaten. What a BAAAAAAAAAAD week

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
*hug*

i don't know what to say

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Spiral, that's awful...

Didn't they have a chair or some books they coulda burnt?

My sympathies, hope it all comes better soon & the fire gods favour you once more

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
thousands hugs and a million smiles to you, Spiral.
so sorry about that...

shine on
Casandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

battered_ratmember
40 posts

Posted:
i was just reading up on the post for stolen stuff today and i stumbled across this thread, and i have to say i know your pain, i myself am a victim of my beloved electroglo poi, bought two weeks before, AND staff being nicked on the same night , and it's not the fact that the were nicked, but the fact that none of my friend's even know what they were, apart from two of them. damn it shits me.

[ 20 October 2002, 19:48: Message edited by: battered_rat ]

The weekend has landed, all that exists now is clubs, drugs, pubs and parties, I got 48 hours off from the world. This could be the best night of my life, I've got 73 quid in my backburner and I'm gonna wax the lot, man.THE MILKY BARS ARE ON ME!!

gekkomember
6 posts

Posted:
ello spyrahayel
jest wremhembar that what goes aroud... if u steel you will bee stollen from. the culpret is likley to be lying in a hospital absent a skalp laugh and get some new ones. dont be bitter
it happened for a reason.

An island of order in a sea of chaoshappiness: less having what you want than wanting what you have.

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:

Quite surprised to see this post getting a bump

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I think the culprit is most likely living like a locust in someone else's house. Or found wandering round clubs telling folks about his phenomenal drug intake and the vast quantities he's getting of various substances at some point in the near future.

But i could be thinking of someone else.

Meh

Ash Blackstarmember
177 posts

Posted:
I'm really sorry to hear this. About a month ago my poi got lifted the day after my first burn, all my enthusiasm and excitment gave way to an almost blind rage. I put so much work into making them, and I've had them for almost a year, so I'd gotten extremely attached to them Cheer up, get some new ones, and go on, and when you find the culprit, send them to me so I can take out my own frustration with stupid people that can't keep there dirty hands off of others things
Ashia
Love and hugs

Ash Blackstar

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, But Whips and Chains excite me"
"Only way to deal with Drama, heavy weaponry and a strong does of grow the Hell up"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" Adam Savage - Mythbusters

ivan..member
165 posts

Posted:
just a different point of view ....

aside from the monetary cost and a little attatchment... are they not just things?

i had my first metal helmet stolen it took me forever to make it,each piece lovingly bent and welded .. it was a thing of bueaty .. one day .. PFFFFT! gone ... it took a few years but i love my new helmet just as much now...

sometimes things go away .. such is the nature of things ...
it's not like they took away your ability to spin .. you just need to make new things to spin...
so lament that someones showed you so much dissrespect that they took away your tools ... but rejoice that your skill is still there and you can get new, better, cooler tools..

pax,
ivan
( who....the way freaks out if someone steals his lighter )

thats right i look like an albino ape that has had a bad day.. go ahead say something stupid... i dare ya !

Bram....member
1,551 posts

Posted:
eaten???

You. Its whats for dinner!

As time passes, you realise all the mistakes you amde and the ones you wish you never did make.

The wave crashing on the beach

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Ivanyukov:
aside from the monetary cost and a little attachment... are they not just things? ......sometimes things go away .. such is the nature of things
how wonderfully evolved of you, ivankov! i subsribe to this idea, but often find it amazingly difficult to not let the things i own from owning me.
as always, the Dharma holds true:
All things created are impermanent!
I just find immense difficulty in the 'desire is the root of all suffering' cus i find desire kinda... desirable!
:exasperated sigh:
Well i can't say much given that i've even bestowed names upon my firetoys (or is that afflicted?)
:shrugs:

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
Yes they are just things, but what upset me about that incident was that it only could have been one of my freinds that stole them. Call me archaic or anachronistic, but I work on an outdated concept called honour, which means you don't steal from your freinds (but you can from multi-nationals! )