Forums > Social Chat > My recent obsession with...

Login/Join to Participate

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
My mother has recently gotten me obsessed with lotions. We now sharea wide vareity of lotions, that do different things, for different parts of the body, for different times fo day, etc.

At the moment, I have six new bottles of lotion sitting on my desk in front of me!

And it's not just me, in my school, there's practically a secret lotion run going on!

Example:

Time: 2nd period, 10:30am

Connor: *looks around cautiously* ... Lindsay, you got... the product?

Lindsay: *shifs eyes from side to side* .. Yeah... Sliding it on the floor in... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... *slides bottle of lotion on floor during lecture*

Connor: *gets lotion, squirts dob in hand, and quickly slides back*

Lindsay: *picks up bottle quickly putting dob on her own hand, and slides it in schoolbag*

Connor: *rubs in lotion, smelling it, turning to Lindsay and grins* This is the best product yet.

Lindsay: *nodds* Agreed, my mother and I aquired it last night.

*resume biology class, until 5 min later, when Matthew asks for some of the product*

-- End Scenario --

Another example would be in the locker room, where one bottle is spread over every girl in the room, passing from one to the other.

So much for the no scents policy at school ^^;

Oh, and the "product" in Bio class that day was the origional, Baby lotion. 2nd best lotion I've found to date.

So, MORAL of the story, er, post... Any of you guys have and fave lotions my mom and I should check out??

biggrin

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
fragst mich, wo wir gewesen sind...
du fehlst hier

ElannaSILVER Member
Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise.
2,293 posts

Posted:
Yah! My friend has a bottle from Victoria Secret that smells soooooooooooooo nice! I dunno what it's called though... frown

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?

Pies Jesu Domine *whack*
Dona eis requiem *whack*

Come join us and chat - we're bored! irc.newnet.net #homeofpoi

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
I use cheapo store brand lotion after swim practice so that my skin doesn't feel as if it's going to split open.

But I don't think you'd like it much. *shrugs*

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

bubblishisFalse Eyelash
346 posts

Posted:
Favorite lotions? I think you need to be more specific...face lotion? body lotion? hand? eye? suntan lotion? You could also - potentially - include lip balm. But let's not get crazy. tongue

While you're on the lotion blitz....be aware of a chemical called "paraben". It's a popular preservative that mimicks the effect of estrogen and is known to cause cancer. It's not easy to find lotion (or cosmetics) that don't use it - check the label. Kiss My Face is good - only some of their products though. And Dr. Hauska doesn't use it.

All the freaky people make the beauty of the world.

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
i have some Body Shop Peppermint Massage Lotion thats wonderfully cooling and relaxing on a hot day.

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
Quote:

i have some Body Shop Peppermint Massage Lotion thats wonderfully cooling and relaxing on a hot day.

Got that one already... Two bottles floating around at least...

Hmm, lip stuff Bublicious? I use Blistex Lip conditioner, I have two of them... the solid one, and the liquid one ubbangel (It took a warm vacation through the dryer ^^;)

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
du fehlst hier

EeraBRONZE Member
old hand
1,107 posts

Posted:
Anyone remember that schoolkid obsession with fruit flavoured Body Shop lip balms? You could have kiwi on the top and cherry on the bottom, pineapple all over, melon if you felt like it...

I need some lip balm.

There is a slight possibility that I am not actually right all of the time.

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
ubblol omg eera!! i was going through a bunch of my old stuff here recently and i found a pot of that stuff..peach i think it was and it still smelt all yummy!! ubblol

but yeah body shop...umm i think its brazil nut creme is fantastic *goes off to investigate is she is thinking of the right nut*

..okay okay i lied what i actually meant was buy these Shea body butter is my fave biggrin
EDITED_BY: Narr (1080559325)

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

RoziSILVER Member
100 characters max...
2,996 posts

Posted:
Honey body butter from MOR has to be the most senuous thing out. ubblove

It was a day for screaming at inanimate objects.

What this calls for is a special mix of psychology and extreme violence...

telicI don't want a title.
940 posts

Posted:
I have a fantastic carrot-based moisturizer made by a company called Sabon.

E pluribus unum, baby.

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
Quote:

I use cheapo store brand lotion after swim practice

ubbangel ubblove wink

Step (el-nombrie)

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Nivea Soft... brilliant for people with sensitive skin and it doesn't leave you feeling greasy. Plus as an added bonus it smells nice and fresh. ubbangel

ubblove

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
i dont understand why a school has a no scents policy. can anyone explain the logic.

Narr(*) (*) .. for the gnor ;)
2,568 posts

Posted:
cos lil girls have tendancey to wear nasty smelling perfume (cheap)

soo stops school smelling like a hoes handbag
wink

she who sees from up high smiles

Patrick badger king: *they better hope there's never a jihad on stupidity*

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol ubblol

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
i use baby lotion for my body, and have been for like 10-12 years now. it rocks. i've tried various other lotions from time to time, but i never could stick with them. for my face, i discovered velocity by mary kay cosmetics about 2 years ago. it's the greatest lightweight moisturizer i've ever found. i used to use oil of olay, but i won't go back after finding this. i also use their cleanser. smile

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

GottaLoveItSponge
883 posts

Posted:
I use Vaseline Intensive Care - Essential Moisture... Haven't really compared it to much else and I use Nivea for my face smile They're both relatively cheap while still taking care of your skin! smile They work for me I like them!

Monkeys monkeys and bananas

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
Quote:

i dont understand why a school has a no scents policy. can anyone explain the logic.

Because in this loverly province of Nova Scotia, people have violent reactions to scents, and their throats close up and they sneeze, and stuff. Generally an en masse allergy. It's really weird, I know.

That's the logic, people have been made to take showers, and change clothing from scents. I find it really odd, actually!

I use Babylotion ALL the time too Pounce!! It's the one I take to school with me most of the time!! And it is SOOO soft!

As for the Vaseline Intensive care, we have four types. We have the Manicure, total body, moisturizing, and another one that I forget....

Note to self: must go to the Body Shop SOON!

ubblol

~ Bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
du fehlst hier

.oO*Sprout*Oo.BRONZE Member
57 posts

Posted:
-Whle you're there you should check out the "JOJOBA-daily hydrating moisture cream " It's fantabulous wink moistures without being greasy

Normally I swear by Dr. Hauschka products though, but they are a bit expensive frown

ALL IS FULL OF LOVE

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
I sometimes use soap but generally shower gel for all areas including hair does the trick!!! Being a bloke rocks! tongue

And I have such perfect skin too I'm so blessed, nice and dark and smooth and full-o moisture and soft and strong and strokable!

stop boasting bug spank

But I am choosey about my shower gel cuz I always use Mint Source and it's lush.......

Let's relight this forum ubblove

peaches**86943thats sooooo not where i parked my car...................
198 posts

Posted:
clinque body butter

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm so soft and rich

we cant stop here its bat country!!!!!!!!!!!

TrillianBRONZE Member
Llamas are larger than frogs.
319 posts

Posted:
Burt's Bees is the best for all-natural products. Their lip balm rocks, as does pretty much all their stuff.
peace

"I know a good deal more than a boiled carrot."
"Fire!" "Where?" "Nowhere, I was just illustrating the misuse of free speech."

OrangeBoboSILVER Member
veteran
1,389 posts

Posted:
Agreed!! Burt Bee's stuff is awesome!! Although, I actually don't have any of it, but I score some from my friends when they have it. A girl in the locker room had the lip balm today, and it got passed around... Mmmm smile

~ bobo

wie weit, wie weit noch?
du fehlst hier

TrillianBRONZE Member
Llamas are larger than frogs.
319 posts

Posted:
Doesn't it make your lips feel all tingly? kissI love it!

"I know a good deal more than a boiled carrot."
"Fire!" "Where?" "Nowhere, I was just illustrating the misuse of free speech."