Forums > Social Chat > what's with the losers in this world ?

Login/Join to Participate

falloutboySILVER Member
remember
433 posts

Posted:
So i was outside having a spin just now, and playing with my (freshly made) juggling clubs.. when these guys approach me and for no reason at all, start abusing me - calling me a "circus freak" etc. I was pretty tempted to throw my clubs in their general direction and get medi-eval on them with my firestick, but i ignored them and waited until they got bored and left.
Has anyone else encountered people like this whilst spinning/twirling?
Anyway, sorry if it sounds like i'm ranting... but, umm... i am

--------------------
'Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read'

-As angels debate chance and fate-
i was riding through melbourne on a midget giraffe, things were peachy.

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
No I must say that I get pretty sick and tired of this happening to me aswell... what's up with the homeless, drunk, the suits, cops, irish, stoned animals, gold fish, bus drivers, ticket inspectors, and the elderly??? sorry about that I guess I needed to get that off my chest... and by the way, I find that if you take a touch, you can read inside a dog, however I find it's hard to turn the page???

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
You should get a bigger dog.

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I think I may know where you're going wrong though falloutboy. When you were juggling were you dressed as the bearded lady or perhaps the fijian mermaid?

Meh

SaBBaSenthusiast
215 posts

Posted:
cantus, you might be right, people stopped giving me strange looks as soon as i started wearing pants while juggling... strange...

Don't you destroy your enemy by making him your friend?? - Rev Bem (Magog), Andromeda

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
I get that for just having red reaads, busses full of schoolkids giving me stick. open eyes, closed minds, pitty them that they have to be abusive or destroy to make them feel better, or maybe thats just a shitty way of explaining why people think you are a frak. I dont know, weirdness. Look all about you, nature is full of destruction, and maybe its just the way of mankind to beat things that are different with a big stick until it stops moving. maybe I'm just babbling now, maybe I'm not.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I dont notice people giving stick so much Little Brother. But then I've been a freak for 5 yrs more than you. Maybe I'm just numb to it now.

*red dreads with added sparkle *

[ 07 April 2002, 08:07: Message edited by: Cantus ]

Meh

utilitydeamonmember
33 posts

Posted:
you know, ive gotten those so much, at least once a week someone will think its pretty funny to make fun of me. so often that ive gotten used to it. so get used to it. but i always thought that poi had a little bit more to do with raves than circuses, thats one ive been trying to figure out since the first day i started spinning. i guess people are dumb like that.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
To be fair though, you are a daemon. Not your average run of the mill twirler. People are bound to be a little freaked.

I mean your name kinda gives it away and I haven't even seen what you look like.....

*can't have been the first to notice*

Meh

cutie poi girliemember
237 posts

Posted:
people do this to me all the time:
passer by: (aimlessly wanders up to me) if i annoyed you would you hit me with one of them?
me: yes.
them: oh. so if i said...um...you look like a freak of nature-
me: (hitting them on the head with a poi) yes i would. now f**k of before i hit you harder you stupid little s**t.

after a while of doing this people generaly stay away...cant think why...

Luv peace 'n' chicken grease Al X x

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
You're slowly chipping away at the mental image I had of you being a delicate little flower CPG....

[ 07 April 2002, 22:59: Message edited by: Cantus ]

Meh

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Develop such an evil look that you can give that makes people wet themselves. Like in Teenwolf. Of course it does help if you can make your eyes glow red, but if you aren't as lucky as myself and can't do that, then never mind.

Once you have "the look" down, do that thing where you look up from the ground, give the look and unfold your wings. Your wings will add to your size, making you look more formidable. If you are unfortunate enough to have those useless feathery wings (or even no wings at all!) rather than powerful, leathery appendages don't worry, but really work on "the look".

Okay, so we have the look and the wings, you then have two more options. Since I am often employed by movie producers to do voice-overs for the devil, I prefer to intimidate the antagonists with a simple "Bow down to me". If I am feeling rather mischievous, I will skip that step and just let a couple of small flames lick out my nose with a rumbling growl. The last step is to really let go with a deafening bellow and a huge breath of flame. Not the typical fire performer breath - I will leave that to the experts - more of a depth-of-your-stomach-pure-plasma experience. This will probably take some practice.

Of course if all else fails either tear out their spines or ignore them. The latter usually works and involves less effort.

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I see you've escaped from the aliens Bendy.....

Meh

Kinudin (Soul Fyre)veteran
1,325 posts

Posted:
I don't think he escaped Cantus... I think they got him.

At least he's on HoP's side (I think)

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
I love it when people hassle me verbally, especially when I'm street performing...You get automatic sympathy from the crowd, as long as you remain pleasant to them.

I had one drunk guy who grabbed one of my firestaffs and threatened to hit me with it for a bout 10 seconds. I just stood there, with my hand held out and asking in a soft voice " Please may I have my staff back" he swore at me and threatened to bash me again, so I just repeated my self in the same tone, after a couple of those he put it back in my hand, stumbled off and started abusing someone else.

The sound of money falling into my hat afterwards was deafening!!!

Examples aside, if you do something unusual, such as firedancing, juggling, unicycling, punk hair styles etc, you know that there will be the odd idiots who will get agressive because you stand out from the crowd.

If you don't want their attention, stop standing out. It's unfair, but its a choice we all have to make.

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

Organized Kaosmember
238 posts

Posted:
naaa
the best thing is people going up to you and saying "That doesnt look so hard!!!" so you say, "here, try it" and then laugh while they flail them shits about like the klumsy oaf they are and then laugh even harder when they hit themselves in the nuts and crumple in a heap on the floor...
on a sidenote: If they are bigger than you, run away when they hit themselves in the nuts, if they arent bigger, hell man take a picture, in fact, take three!!!!!

Every morning I wake up and hit the ground yawning...

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I love the, "that doesn't look so hard" reaction. Actually, the funny thing was one friend i had who actually was doing quite well with the poi when i handed them to him, and only decided it was "harder than it looked" after a few minutes... I'm just like, dude, you havn't even hit urself yet, i wasn't that good the first time i put these in my hands!

and most people are pretty nice to me, just very confused.... as in "wtf are you doing that for?" I usually just stay polite and ask them to quit trying to walk through the poi...

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
One time when I was stilt walking at this gig, someone yelled out the car window "Get a Real Job!"
And just thought. . .hmmmmm, I'm doing what I love, & getting payed to do it! Sounds pretty good to me! It's about as real as jobs get as far as I'm cocerned.

There was this other time when I was (on stilts) leaning on this thing waiting to go in this parade (along with the cattle ) and this dirty old man came up and put his hand on my ass! (being on stilts, my butt was a lovely head hight) I was so shocked I swung around and swooshed my (angelic white sparkley flowy) wings at him. . . He, with a beer in each hand just laughed at me. ...Maybe I don't quite have "The Look" going for me, hey Bendy?
After I got off my stilts and out of my costume (white mask feathers, very angelic) and back into my normal self (strange ennough) I glared at him. He was like "who's this wierd freak glaring at me?"

[ 10 April 2002, 11:16: Message edited by: Moon Pixie ]

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Props to your perseverance, Charles! that's one of the most difficult twirling tricks I have ever heard about!
As entertaining as counter-heckling hecklers gets, One of the main reasons I had for twirling was to make (more?) friends! sweet-peas and assholes alike!

Hey i like this UBB, it lets me curse!

"As a leader of my people I give you my bond: teach us this weirding way and you both shall have sanctuary. Your water shall mingle with our water."
Stilgar, Learning to firetwirl

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Thanks Bender...I hadn't actually planned for him to put it back in my hand, was thinking he was more likely to drop it and wander off.

But I cannot stress the importance of being polite when others are watching, especially if an ugly scene does develop, then all of the witnesses will side with you instantly. In the case of street performing, you normally have a personal body guard made up of the crowd if you keep your cool and your manners.

As soon as you start acting nasty, even if they have been swearing at you for the last ten minutes, then new arrivals might see you being abusive first.

Also, most antagonists are prepared for all sorts of agressive responses and like to feed of that. When they don't get it, it helps to calm them down, as well as confusing them, by presenting them with situations which they haven't been through before. Anything to derail the train of thought is the best solution, if and when it is available

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?