Page:
Organized Kaosmember
238 posts

Posted:
There is so much diversity when it comes to places where members of this site live.I was wondering about religion and the diversity of religion in the spinning world.I am Jewish, and I consider myself to be religious and it would be interesting to find out the religion of other members of the site and whether or not they consider themselves to be religious.------------------Do You ever Question Your life? Do You ever wonder Why? Do you ever see in Your dreams, All the castles in the Sky??

Every morning I wake up and hit the ground yawning...

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
This board is huge!
I did a search and found a thread about wheather fire is real. . . is that the one you where talking about? I found it pretty funny along with this (real friendly ) one about dreadies and them being your friends. I can kind of relate to that...

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
I think the world and all it's inhabitants are full of magic..especially the lurvly people in the wonderful world of fire twirlung.
I believe in a universal source so great we don't bother to contemplate the fact that we create it and it return it creates us.I think our collective energies as a whole create the creator if that makes sense. We have the power to create a beautiful envonment and world to live in, just as we have the power to destroy it,and in return it creates or destroys us, as we chose. Therefor I always try to think 'nice pretty flowery fluffy' thoughts, (little lol) and I believe it helps to make the world a better place.
Is this delerious garble? I dunno.. I just think stay possitive, do the best you can with what you have, and try not to hurt too many people on the way. Stay true to your heart, and thank the universe every single day for giving you the gift of life and experience..
Ok i could babble on all night,
Blessings to all

I'm out of my mind...but you can leave a message

If you remain calm while all around you is collapsing...possibly you are missing something

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
Now I do not believe like alot of you do, infact I kinda raise my eyebrows in disbelief! Some of the things that some of you say really makes me thing that you really need to stop using drugs.

Thats my own personal opinion I in no way wish to flat out offend anybody, I think that if you are made uncomfertable about it then it will cause you to do some "soul searching" and maybe your convictions will be streagthend and some will change. This isnt my goal either but I just wanted to put out my opinion.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

TEK829member
29 posts

Posted:
I've spent a lot of time talking to a number of people. It's interesting (as has been this particular string).... I love seeing the different things people believe in and how everybody explains things! Reading everybody's explanations frequently help me to clarify my thoughts and ideas (the expression of which I'm generally tongue-tied with.... I want to get it *just* right, you know? I've never quite managed... maybe someday...)

Beside, who am I to say what somebody should believe or not, or what actually is real or right? (I had a fine conversation with one guy who asked me what I believed, so I told him... when I asked him what he believed, he said, "It's important." "What's important?" "To believe. It doesn't matter WHAT you believe, but I've found people who do believe to find a lot of strength and well-being in that." as I said, a fine conversation. anyway...)

Oh, right, so I'm an earth-based pagan. I have a firm belief in the elements. and Energy. having been unable to find a pantheon that really agrees with me, elements and energy have worked nicely for me.

-sonya

Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Cry, and the world laughs at you. It's your choi

Kaosmember
11 posts

Posted:
I'd like to introduce myself as a Pope of the Discordian Order of Disorder of which there are a square root of negative four and one third members. Fnord!

My father is a Christian minister so I clearly come from a religious background, though a surprisingly liberal one. I've always been critical and Christianity as I knew it never really gelled for me. So I considered myself agnostic, trying to be a good existentialist (I'm a sucker for German and French philosophy). Then I went the whole nine yards into full blown atheism. That lasted about a year...

Getting romantically involved with a Wiccan muddled things a bit. I didn't believe in Wicca, but I realised my atheism left some spiritual needs lacking, so I became a "spritual atheist" - whatever that is. I started studying various religions. I took a liking to a lot of Taoist, Buddhist and Hindu ideas and incorporated them into my personal "philosophy" rather than faith. A friend of mine introduced me to some Native American beliefs and traditions and I've gained a lot from those as well.

Finally about a year ago a purple spotted monkey wearing a kimono leapt out of a memory fault in my browser and gave me a Golden Apple. Upon eating it my Pineal Gland exploded leaving bubbly goo all over my brain. I've been a Discordian ever since.

I don't believe in higher beings or any real meaning in life aside from what individual people decide on. I worship Eris the Goddess of Confusion and Chaos but I don't believe in her (which puts me at a distinct advantage when we disagree on things). I try to incorporate teachings and practices that fit my needs and lifestyle from anywhere I can find them. I think that nearly all religions have a sound spiritual/moral base even if I don't agree with the specifics or believe in their God(s)/Goddess(es).

Like many of you I'm not impressed by organized religion. I don't think it achieves much if anything for most people. In fact I think in a lot of cases it does more harm than good. If it works for you fine, but I'm personally glad to be out of it.

Even if I don't believe in a lot of things others believe in I certainly don't knock them. If it works then it works, plain and simple. When I was hitchhiking in Australia me and my girlfriend were picked up by a Born Again Christian who my girlfriend described as "creepy" and "nuts." True his talking about Jesus, God and the Bible got nauseating after the first couple of hours, but at the same time I could see that Christianity had indeed saved his life. If it weren't for his faith he would have certainly died years ago of alcohol and drug abuse based on the stories he told us. Jesus may not have done much for me lately, but he certainly helped this guy.

Incidentally the most profoundly spiritual/transcendent experience of my life wasn't in any way associated with religion at all. It was at Big Day Out, a huge outdoor music festival in Australia. Me and my girlfriend were at the very front of the mosh pit, at the railing for the Crystal Method. The lights were strobing, RaveSafe crews were spraying everyone with water, the music was deep and the crowd was filled with positive energy. The people next to us were clearly on E, but my girlfriend and I hadn't touched a thing all day. Even so the vibe seemed to slip past the boundaries and I danced like I'd never danced before, like I was one with the music, the lights and everyone there. It was like being possessed/speaking in tongues but infinitely more fun.

Nobody ever said you have to find enlightenment, God, love or whatever you want to call it in a Church or a Mosque or a Temple or a Circle or whatever. It can come from anywhere at any time. I hope that as I get more comfortable with my staff and my poi I can feel the same thing I felt in that mosh pit when I twirl. Maybe I can even give others a little glimpse of it when they watch me. That'd be nice.

Now if you REALLY want me to let the philosopher out to rant about religion/spirituality you'd better take it off list. ;-)

================================================
- Pope Kay O. Sweaver the Prior

Auspoiboymember
219 posts

Posted:
wow

Good on usGood on us all

Organized Kaosmember
238 posts

Posted:
Hey..who is this kaos character, I thought I was the only kaos!!!! oh well at leat I'm organized!!!
This thread may go back on topic in 5...4...3...2...1 Nnnnnnow!!!

Every morning I wake up and hit the ground yawning...

Teinemember
74 posts

Posted:
alright, who left the door open?
greetings discordant, from a (recently) retired Eris affiliate. congratulations, enjoy, and may your alloted flax burn long and bright as you spin pigs into the moonlit day.
yeah. if they can't see you, they can't eat you. that out of the way:

A Faerie First and Foremost. yupyup. keep in mind, when i say Fae, i'm not talking (soley) about flower faeries and divas...i'm talking about the things you find in almost every culture if you dig into the mythology deep enough. the Old Ones...the Good Old Folk. but enough about me....

btw: for those who don't know: my name (Teine) is pronounced "chen-uh". it's Scots-Gaelic for...you guessed it: fire. (not because i spin, though.)

life begins between the night and the light.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
hey kaos that's bewdiful!
ya know what? if the Crystal Method set you at was in MElb Big Day Out, then I too shared in what i refer to in rave-banter as a great big group e-piphany! I don't recommend at all that anyone has to dose up to enjoy life, it's a just a path that not everyone should journey down.
And what a hilarious path it is

Of the path to enlightenment - it is much easier, and more comfortable for many people to mock the unknown than to understand it. For these poor souls, who dismiss the balanced person as "using drugs", theirs is a fate of a life half lived. It no longer makes me angry, just sad.
Hey let's think about rainbows! i luv 'em!

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Wikkamanmember
259 posts

Posted:
Shamanism has been calling to me for many years and it keeps getting louder. I live in the city now with debts to pay of and am very probably going to uni next september, but i get the feeling that if i went South America i would probably never come home...

The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer-- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.-- Ken Kesey

Earlybirdmember
19 posts

Posted:
Can't help but get sucked into the maelstrom....
If I had to define it, I would probably call myself a spiritual physicist. I like the concepts of energy systems and chaos theory while I still feel the love of spirit. Energy is all around us, it is ours to manipulate and it is what we are. Energy is present in all physical forms,
in movement, in the wind and the water, energies of the weather and the world.
My Body is an energy system, good food I eat, clean air I breathe, the more I dance, the better I feel. I live in sunlight, and firelight, giving and receiving love, breathing and moving. I sense that this is enough, focus on that and I move through the system like a feather on a stream. Eddies in the time space continuum..... shall we join him? There is more to it, but for now I have succeeded in twisting my mind like a pretzel. Mental, psychedelic, multi-dimensional energy systems are a whole 'nother headspace.
Yours in chaotic faith xoxox

let it out, let it go, let it all unravel,
set it free and it can be
a path on which to travel...

cutie poi girliemember
237 posts

Posted:
im anti-religion. i just dont think that people should have to have a god/godess to pray to so they feel secure.

i also think that every1 shoul be equal, wich the idea of "god" kinda contradicts.

im not trying to offend ne one here but if i do ur welcome 2 shout at me....

Luv peace 'n' chicken grease Al X x

Acidmember
110 posts

Posted:
"Ye same here as Q
any judaism questions Im here to answer them"

id like to second that. i was brought up kinda traditional so...
yeah

peace and love (no matter the religion )

life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans John Lennon

carnelian angelmember
31 posts

Posted:
religion...i don't know whether i've got one of those...i have to echo pele here on faith, i have lots of that, i find myself praying every day, and i study various mystical traditions...my spirituality was very earth based at a point, now that i live in a large city without any virgin land, it has changed again...i always pray before, during, and after lighting up...the firedance is a very old ritual, and has been used, depending on the locale, to purify(east asia), or to appease a deity(polynesia), or to frighten away demons and evil spirits(northern europe)...for all those science headz: morphogenetic field:energy field created by the total of thought constructs attatched to any given object or action...just thought i'd throw some words(=ideas=electricity=light)into the mix.....

master sodiummember
536 posts

Posted:
as far as my religion goes, the only thing i've figured out is that its far beyond my understanding. most religions are just based on being a good person, so I guess just by doing that I wont go wrong. lately I have been very intrigued by the beliefs of the dogon tribe. mostly just the fact the supposedly predicted some stars and features of planets that were invisible to the naked eye, but were proved to exist after the telescope was invented.

you can't have a war against terrorism because war IS terrorism.it's not about worshipping fire. its about making the fire want to worship you.

Earlybirdmember
19 posts

Posted:
There are theories kicking around that the Dogon thing reminded me of... I think they knew where Sirius was. I read this book called the Pleiadian agenda (the pleiades sp? are another star system.) Basically it says that as we enter the age of Aquarius (think Hair,"this is the dawning of the age of aquarius) we are also entering a photon band of light which is emenating from a star (iforget the name). As we enter the photon band all our energies are speeding up. Maybe this is evident in the existence of this discussion. anyway, we are only on the edges of this photon band but we fully enter on December 21 2012. Which is also the date that the Mayan calendar ends.
The great thing that this book said was that for those of us who are ready, who have flowed with the energies instead of resisting we will all be invited to a massive galactic party, can't wait to see you there!! It's a great book, a bit much for the sceptic within but if you can get past the new ageieness of it there are some really interesting concepts about multi dimensional existence, synchronicity, and the all important L word. (LOVE).

let it out, let it go, let it all unravel,
set it free and it can be
a path on which to travel...

Page: