t0xicmember
54 posts

Posted:
i can get the btb butterfly weave perfect but whenever i try to turn it, i messup...i was wondering if i have to do it 3 beat or somthing to keep it going.....because i can 360 my regular butterfly weave but not my btb

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
Dont think I ever did a BTB bf weave but Im pretty sure my normal bf weave needs to be 3bt to turn it 360. Would think it would be the same BTB

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

t0xicmember
54 posts

Posted:
okay i praticed all day, and by learning my regular 3beat bf weave...i learned these things...
-to 360 a 3beat butterfly weave...
-a right side btb wallplaned 3beat butterfly weave(i can also 360 it now)
-btb 3beat butterfly weave

i am getting closer to getting the 360 btb 3beAT bf weave now, i just have to find the timing, i should have it by tomarrow if i pratice tonight

Dragon7GOLD Member
addict
625 posts

Posted:
Dude that is 1 bad a$$ move, i have no idea how to get it but im assuming it would have to be an odd # of beats , like take the 5bt ttn weave and put it btb. Just a normal btb rev ttn butterfly turning into a btb for ttn butterfly is hard enough!!!

Good luck and let me know how its going.

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
Ok... This, I think, was important to know about the butterfly weave...

There are two ways to do it.. What I mean by that is.. With the forward butterfly on my right and a rev butterfly on my left I can do a five beat bf weave with either my left or right hand leading.. Which results in two different ways of doing the exact same move...

I point this out because when I do a btb bf weave, I use a 1bt transition ona 3bt weave and a 3 bt transition ona 5 bt weave... Because I end up changing the style.. As in a use on of the two ways mentioned above going one way and the opposite on the other..

I know that's going to sound confusing so let me try and explain in detail with and example...
Lets say I have a forward bf on my right and a rev on the left... Now as I take my bf weave to the rleft side, my right hand goes over my left, but stays on the right side which results in my left poi leading across to the other side.. I do my beats over ther and return back to the right side.. *Now as it comes back to the right side, my left hand is coming over my right hand ina typical ttn fashion on the right side, I turn my body so that the forward bf is now on my left side... Now as my left hand is still coming over my right I do the mirror image of what I did on the other side.. This means that my left hand comes over me right and my left poi stays on the left side as my right poi leads to the right side... If you've kept up with all that then you realize that the 180 turn I made was done on one beat...
Now using the same example.. Picking up from the *...
This time try letting the left hand go over the right and do a ttn... As the right hand is coming over the left let it lead to the right side as it comes up from the bottom of the circle.. This puts you doing an even beat transition, and keeps you following the same motion as you did in the first half (as opposed to the mirror image of it)...

Hopefully that makes some sense to some of you people.. If not.. Well I tried... But the point is wanted to make is that you can do the turn at different times and it still work... So just experiment and find out which turn works best for you... The only person that I've ever seen in person spin these moves is my boy itchell and I believe he uses the even beat, where I use the odd beat turns... I dunno.. I haven't really discussed it with him in a while.. I just know it can be done on either beat and some people find one easier then the other..

Oh and what I described is all for in front bf weave but applies the same to btb.. Just for the record...

And I hope this doesn't post twice, since I'm having problems on my phone timing out here..

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

t0xicmember
54 posts

Posted:
i finally got the 360 btb butterfly....its the same as doing a 360 btb weave, exept its sooooooooo akward with one string going the opposite direction....i think i died trying to backflip after i learned it beerchug

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
its the greatest feeling in the world isnt it... now that you got that..start stretching a little more and you can get the 4bt ttn instead of the 2 beat.. and that's where its at... good job kiddo.. weavesmiley

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

TheWibblerGOLD Member
old hand
920 posts

Posted:
It's funny. I spent ages trying to get the 3Bt Butterfly Weave BTB. I could do the full pattern but only in one direction and found it tricky to repeat indefinitely.

Rev, totally understand your post. The leading hand (which crosses to the other side of your body) can be either on top OR underneath the other Arm. You gotta practice both to get a good 5Bt BFW. Also practice with arms totally straight and totally bendy, then mix it up a little.

Still can't do any of it BTB though, but then I haven't focused on it in a long time. That was about the time I started getting in to Throws and then Hyperloops, and I'm glad I concentrated on those for a while. Now I've got a big mirror to practice in front of I'll have to get back into them.

¦m¦

Spherculism ~:~ The Act of becoming Spherculish.

t0xicmember
54 posts

Posted:
the only difficult part about the 360 btb bf weave is right b4 you finish the 360 and you restart the 3beat btb bf weave again, its hard to get it going again, i mean i can but not constantly