Page: ...
joe_sixstepsmULti-torTOISe
310 posts
Location: Kent currently, Cornwall soon, New Zealand eventua...

Posted:
As the mess of stories concerning the last weekend slowly surface, it becomes increasingly clear that the central theme of these weekends is not actually spinning whatsoever; rather it is sex. Maybe I'm putting that too baldly, but the heady mess of tension that seems to have been running like an undercurrent through the course of the last weekend (which completely passed me by at the time) must surely have been its defining focus.

Therefore it is only right that the next weekend should be set over Valentine's day. If the last one was sordid and confused... let's see what new heights we can achieve with this one. Forget Jennifer Steele - I'm going to book a priest for the duration, and see what happens...

For those of you who didn't make the last weekend, but have maybe seen the jelly wrestling video... I'm not being entirely serious. Though we may never know quite how many clandestine pairings took place during those brief hours of darkness... we did also do quite a lot of spinning. Essentially, the format for the weekend is this - loads of spinners turn up during the course of the week, with the majority arriving on Friday (that'll be Friday the 13th - oh dear!), and then stay for the weekend. We go and spin in the park nearby, or head up to the sports hall to spin indoors to music (with loads of toys - balance bars, crash mats and trampolines!). Apart from that, there are missions, baked goods, laptops, videos, vegetarian food and the opportunity to get to know a whole load of the other HOPers. And 'get to know' can be as euphamistic as you like...

As per usual, I'll post more details nearer the time... blah di blah, see the other threads for info if you want it now. The major change this time is that I will be asking everyone for a fiver - this will go to buying all the paraffin and renting the sports hall and swimming pool, and if there's any spare it's earmarked for the Get Pounce To Kent Fund, on which we're still about £120 short.

Quite how we're going to beat the jelly wrestling is a bit of a mystery, however. We need some madcap scheme, preferably one both dangerous and illegal, so if you have any suggestions please post them below.

And come down for the weekend, all of you. It'll be a riot.

hug

The Confusion Squid has many tentacles

The_Pirate_Dyke_BoyHOP Lord of the Pirate Admiralty
1,079 posts

Posted:
oh poo!

i thought that we already had it!
ive invited a mate to come down to the hall, cuz sher lives nearby!

oh well, ill have to tell her otherwise....

D.B.
X x X x X

Ship off the starboard! sound general quarters! noise and light discipline! man the cannons! GET ME THE RUM!

Master of the Free Hug Program

Kitveteran
1,269 posts

Posted:
*goes all hyperactive*
Thanks! You guys you are the BEST! a pick me up from stanstead would be most appreiciated as i dont really fancy going into london after dark by me lonesome... eek

Oh and joe, pleeeeeease do the sportshall bit! *puppy dog eyes*
and hey, mech! I never said i loved frodo! confused

heehee okay be calm kit ... breathe .... *breaks into deranged giggle fit* oops!

random murbles

BELTANE FIRE FESTIVAL. 30th april ~ Calton hill - Edinburgh
SAMHUINN FESTIVAL. 31st October ~ Royal Mile - Edinburgh

TheApprovingNinjaFrom the Ashes of a Ninja Rise THE HIPS OF RAGE
371 posts

Posted:
Hey guys I MAY with a big MAY be coming down for this here fancy shindig of hipness.

and If I do I'll be bringing the WEASEL STAFF OF DHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOMMMMM (Kindly on Loan from the Weasel Deadly Toys Socitey), and attempt to do contact with it thusly scarring myself for life in the process.

And if anyone's up for Danger passing let me know

Viva UGLY STAFF

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
did someone mention danger passing? ubbangel

yay to ninjaness in Kent biggrin

But please refrain from referring to the STICK OF DOOM as a 'weasel staff'

a weaselstaff is an entirely different beast as you well know...

unless someone wants to risk their fire chains\life wink

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

mechBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
6,207 posts

Posted:
hey im up for sone stupid random danger dont you know!

ill help! i wont be great but ill play!

anyone want to help me make some bomds, big flare grenades for while we spin, so that anypicutres or movies will look well cool with them going off behind or infornt of sinners?

only jk, ill be good, althought some flash and smoke grenades would loook so nice, as i have used them before in performances!

PS shock horror this thread actually left teh main page, i think tha tmust have been a first! eek

Step (el-nombrie)

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
If anyone will be travelling through Waterloo friday afternoon and would like company for the trip, drop me a pm; I'm trying to organise a sociable journey smile

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
Three days to go! Whoop whoop! ubbrollsmile

Mech and Flid: thank you for your kind offers, but I'm going to temporarily use very fine ball chain on the flags. They won't be as nice frown but at least I can use them this weekend biggrin Oh, and Flid, you can finally have your spare firepoi back! Thank you for the loan and for your patience smile

gsv-sleeper-servicemember
62 posts

Posted:
It Looks Like i will not be going to kent now as i have To work This saterday ubbcrying+ im not sure about transport arangements, Hope you all have a great time, I will try to make it up for the next 1 or maybe We could do something in nottingham as there is plenty of space 2 houses and a nice recreation ground very near Owen weavesmiley

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain...

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
frown well now i've got nothing to do for valentine's day. just lots of rest for me. have fun all and take loads of pictures!

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

Kitveteran
1,269 posts

Posted:
i have been venting thro poi all day I'm going out to play with fire tonight i was doing cartweels and things earlier I'm THAT excited! I think its because of these things I'm not bouncing off walls right now!! ubbrollsmile ubbloco

random murbles

310 posts

Posted:
So. The time approaches - the first party arrives tomorrow evening. I have confirmed sports hall bookings, from 5:30 - 7:30 on Saturday and 2:30 - 4:30 on Sunday. If you can try and be here for those times it'll be wicked. We should have a lot more of the soft / bouncy / balancy things than last time, and also Dave will be coming down to DJ as we spin.

After conference and consideration, I'm planning on asking everyone for a fiver, but for more if you can afford it. This will go on sports hall rental, paraffin, food for Friday night and Saturday night, and to top up the Pounce fund. If there is any significant amount left at the end, it will go to charity. Probably Medecins Sans Frontiers, but if anyone else has a cause they feel strongly about then suggestions are welcome. As are tenners... wink

What else? There are directions to this house posted all over the internet, alarmingly enough, along with my phone number, bra size and so forth. So, see you all soon, and good luck with the journey...

pounceSILVER Member
All the neurotic makings of America's lesser known sweetheart
9,831 posts

Posted:
hey joe....update on the CD of pics? will i be getting it soon hopefully? and the raw video footage?

I was always scared with my mother's obsession with the good scissors. It made me wonder if there were evil scissors lurking in the house somewhere.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

**giggles**

Kitveteran
1,269 posts

Posted:
Quote:

I have confirmed sports hall bookings, from 5:30 - 7:30 on Saturday and 2:30 - 4:30 on Sunday. If you can try and be here for those times it'll be wicked. We should have a lot more of the soft / bouncy / balancy things than last time, and also Dave will be coming down to DJ as we spin.

Happy as larry me! biggrin:D weavesmiley ubbrollsmile

random murbles

originalsmitSILVER Member
addict
469 posts
Location: nottingham, england. cornwall wales denmark or pra...

Posted:
poopoopoopoopoo
its thursday and ive just got the weekend off.
no-one else has and no car either. anyone going past nottingham on the way for london?????
i need a lift.
chris has offered to get me there for a fiver, but ill have to pretend to be a police recruit. no really its the truth.
i have got to pay rent so ill not have much cash.
just as one part comes to gether another one crumbles away.

my original signature was tooo long.
this one is shorter

DsAdsPoi? Never!
316 posts

Posted:
Well.......

Thanks to an increadably generous offer of a lift from master Dizzy, it looks like i'll be making an appearance on Saturday!

Looking foward to meeting all the people i dont know, and looking foward to harrasing all those i do!! wink

Ooo and if i'm really lucky I'll have my aerotec back just in time!!! Woo hoo biggrin

See ya then

Ads wave hug

Is that magnets!?

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
eeeeggggsellent

ubbrollsmile

310 posts

Posted:
Indeed. And the first four arrivals have made an appearance already, we've smashed two glasses, spilt red wine on the carpet and we're juggling in the living room. Get here sooner, comrade clowns, get here sooner.

lost boymember
13 posts

Posted:
hey all

well frodo has bailed on me and pixie so we no longer have a lift ubbcrying. Is anyone driving up from near bournemouth with space for two small ones (we really are very very small, no joke)? if not, pixie will get the train and i will be hitching as i have no money due to probs with my dole money not being sent. so expect me late sunday sometime. excellent to see that the party has officially started.
take care,
from ben.

keep trying

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
weeeeeeeeeeeee

i'll be there sometime around 8-9pm friday.

ubbrollsmile

originalsmitSILVER Member
addict
469 posts
Location: nottingham, england. cornwall wales denmark or pra...

Posted:
excellent.
see you later, good old public transport is getting us there tonight. and the notts invasion force(mentioned earlier) is now down to 2, yes 2 people.
ive got my kit bag and we leave notts at about 5 ish well be in Sevenoaks by an unspecified time later in the day.
see you all later.

my original signature was tooo long.
this one is shorter

FrodoBRONZE Member
old hand
1,092 posts

Posted:
Well as ben has already announced i cant make the weekend. Its not as simple as it seems, although some people belive. My bosses that i work for are both ill, and they need someone to work for them at the weekend. i decided although i had booked this weekend off "for the best weekend of my life", to show them that i am that comited to my job would be great.

so although im not legally bound to work, im doing it out of respect, hopefully you all will understand this, and if you dont then i am sorry.. all i can imagine is that it will be a little quieter than last time without me around, but hopefully that will make you all realise that u need me !! lol...

hope eveyone is understanding, i do apolagise to the people that i have let down, they know who they are. pink im pming you, and mech also to re arrange some details.

thanks for inviting me joe, i will defo be at the next kent!

Frodo Out

passing through, this world still lives.

Kitveteran
1,269 posts

Posted:
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo [censored]

will somone chum me on the underground?

random murbles

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
Anyone wanting company; we're meeting outside costa coffee in Waterloo at 7pm! ubbrollsmile

Frodo- Bad luck with work frown Personally I think you're mad, it's an admirable thing to do, but you're still mad. hug

bluecatgeek, level 1
5,300 posts

Posted:
you guys are all silly. tongue

did you not read that miss kit would be coming down on saturday and not friday.....? tehee. ubblol

i hope tho you entertained people at liverpool street wih excessive poi-age on the platform.

apparently your planning was absolutely perfect, only 24 hours early. kit as no phone today(battery failure, or some lame excuse like it biggrin) so if possible a repeat would be lovely... if not...? then she says she'll brave the horrors of the underground.
followed by braving the horrors of kent wink
and is gently hoping that upon arrival you will all be outside playing with fire to make finding the house reeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallly easy cool

anyway.

have some lovely weekending.

and everyone hug tom for me.

thanks
R rolleyes

Holistic Spinner (I hope)

pengwinoBRONZE Member
suitable for vegetarians
300 posts

Posted:
tongue tongue tongue Happy Valentine's Day tongue tongue tongue

to everyone at kent.. ubbrollsmile ubbrollsmile
and those like me who couldn't make it! frown

missing everyone lots, and love you all heaps. i had a great spin with gnor earlier so it's not all bad, but still find myself wishing that i was in the cold of kent with you people.

have fun!!!!

ubbloveeleanor ubblove

animals who are not penguins can only wish they were

brodiemanold hand
1,024 posts

Posted:
hope you all had fun hug hug

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
i'm quite sure they did biggrin

_Aimée_SILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
4,172 posts

Posted:
hope your all having a great time! hug look forward to hearing all the stories biggrin xxx

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Ok so i have just got back from a brillaint, if not a little tiring Kent biggrin

Once again Joe was an amazing host! hug

Um..i dont really think there is much to say about it really...big bonfires (including firemen and policemen), loads of trecks up to the town and hugs hug biggrin ubbangel

ubblove

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

WryTerraThe reason we say "European"
912 posts

Posted:
And a lift home from a wonderful, fabulously generous and devestatingly handsome fella, right, Pink?

"We have done the impossible and that makes us mighty" - Mal Reynolds

"I can't tell the difference between an electron and a cat" - Brother of a friend

Page: ...