Forums > Social Chat > when is the bush gonna burnout

Login/Join to Participate

Itsgottabmember
244 posts

Posted:
has mr bush got any thing to say to people other than 'lets fight the terrorists.' i watched him address the japanese parliment today. i felt sorry for them (the japanese) he had the cheek to suggest america and japan had been allies for 150 years, they didn't buy his crap, with little appluse and at times none at all for what surely would have seen the house falling down in washington.what i want to say is, that if mr bush doesn't continue his war on terrorism hes gonna have nothing left to say. may that day come soon. maybe its about time god did bless america.

CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
Imagine having the power to shift an exchange rate to that degree with one little malapropism! It’s just insane, but he must be having the time of his life.I heard a really good chat on Radio 4 this morning. A guy was saying that Bush is one of the best scripted presidents that America has ever seen and that everything is great when all goes to plan. It’s very scary when he gets off track though, as we’ve all seen and surely will see in future.I guess he’ll get off track enough times for the U.S. to realise that he’s not really the one running the country and maybe the real president should stand up? I don’t know. I return to my Douglas Adams “The hitchhiker’s guide to the galaxy”, Chapter 28 – go to it and you’ll see what I mean. winkC

[({PoiToi})]member
98 posts

Posted:
Why do you think he is making such a big deal with his "axis of evil" (hahaha) and the war on terrosism? The American puiblic has finally found out what a big bunch of crap the War on drugs has been for the past few decades. And since a president at war, "fighting for the american way of life" (let's not get started with that) but a president at war is a popular president. Bush knew he was gonna need something to pull the wool over America's eyes to hide that fact that there is no way he should be the prez, and the only reason he IS there is cuz daddy-o pulled plenty of strings with the RNC. but oh well.. back to the topic. He is gonna keep this war on terrorism going as long as he can in order to remain popular and have a snowball's chance in hell to be re-elected next term. I know there were plenty of people who renounced Bush and pretty much anything he said or did,.. and I havent heard much of that after 9/11 and this whole war on terrorism thing. No one wants to look anti-american and risk being branded as a terrorist sympathiser(sp??) All in all it sounds like a new McCarthy era to me. As for what to do about it, that's for another forum.www.guerrillanews.com Keep it PLURal Jon I.

---Formerly known as RaverRomantic---

AIM: RaverRomantic

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Trust me, American's have realised for a **very** long time that our President's are nothing more than a figure head and a puppet for congress and senate. They don't really even play those addresses over here anymore, knowing we don't listen to him. Our government about as accurately represents our country as Parliment and Prime Ministers represent their respective countries. Give us a little credit!As for him shutting up, eh. If they don't have him they will find another little marionette to toss the strings around on. I think American politicians need to learn to mind their own damn business, but that is just mho.------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

jonathanenthusiast
210 posts

Posted:
yeah unfortunately pele its just that america has a lot more resources to throw at inaccurately representing public opinion.i say this because down here in n.z. we have copped a bit of flak from america when we resisted pressure to allow nuclear ships or weapons ect in our country (yay n.z. clean green and nuke free!!!)its not like were very big (roughly 4 mill people) and little places like us often have very little choice in whether we accept americas dictatesnow this is not turning into a i hate america/n's rant, so please noone take offence....but the u.s. has been going at it in afghanistan for how many decades?the media coverage of the bombings we recieved was one sided to say the leastwe saw endless repeats of the same people jumping out of windows (oh and i may sound a bit callous here so be warned)i dont know for sure how many people died in the bombings, but even if it had only been one it would be too many. just like americans have killed too many people trying to get oil and other resources ect. so here goes... im sorry but any country that has a prez who thinks he can dictate to the rest of the world what we should all do 'cause "weve got the biggest guns" deserves all the shit they copi mean what was up with the kyoto deal?ive read that america wants to put a energy line or something through afghanistan.ive also read about some shady goings on by bush when he was prez of some oil company (details a bit fogged by hangover at the moment)ripping people off to make himself a profitsounds like one negative interpretation of the american dream......how much do we here in n.z. actually know about america, like i say the media we receive is highly onesided....a little bit to much i think sometimes, whats going on that we dont know about?the day after the bombing i heard an american dude on the radio saying that at least america will have to start thinking about why this sort of stuff happens but all i see is guns, more guns, explosions, people being wheeled around on wheelbarrows at concentration camps somewhere in cuba where they have no rights and are all gonna be killed. they are not even classed as p.o.w.'s.dissapointing really, shows how far things have come since the 1940'salso shows what america will do if it wants too, bend the rules and create legal precedent to fit current circumstancesi dont agree with terrorism, i also dont agree with the war on itwhat will it acheive except to make a new generation of kids who hate the u.s. 'cause their fathers died in gun fights, or by execution?its a tricky question for sure, im in now way saying i can speak with any great knowledge on the whole thing...gut feeling is that its real F@*$ed up and it stinks

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Q: Would Bush be a Poi Twirler or Staff twirler?A: Doesn't matter! so long as he's not spinning on an Axis of Evil!*laughs at own poor joke*

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

Dru Lee Parsecmember
78 posts

Posted:
quote:
Trust me, American's have realised for a **very** long time that our President's are nothing more than a figure head and a puppet for congress and senate
More like: the Pres, congress, and the senate are all pawns of the mega corporations. Notice how the Recording Industry Assoc. of America (RIAA) and the Motion Picture Assoc. of America (MPAA) got the Digital Millenium Copywrite Act passed even though it's blatently unconstitutional? Before we go kicking North Korea's butt let's try to clean up Enron, Sony, Time-Warner, the RIAA and the MPAA.Oh and ya know what might be nice? How about instead of asking if America can afford a tax cut Congress could ask it's citizens if how well we can afford another tax increase?Nope, Republican, Democrates, Independents. . . none of them represent ME.

For a good Prime, call:29819592777931214269172453467810429868925511217482600306406141434158089

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Thank you Dru.Jonathon, you think the US deserved over 5000 people to die in the bombings, and all the other "s*&t they cop" because we can't control what our president says? Can you control what your Prime Minister says?The US is not at war, our government says we are. I live in the US and I have not declared war on anyone at all.**Now time for a Pele rant...the opinions herein do not reflect on HoP or anyone else I am associated with."I have to say I am really tired of hearing American's are this and American's are that from people outside of the US. It is a completely unfair gross generalization based on what media corporations from each country choose to buy into from the US. Just because we have idiots for public representation and are *globally* owned and operated (half of the largest companies in the US aren't even run from the US!!!) does not mean we are represented well. Hell, even our voting process is rigged more often than not. Yup, the US is a young, dumb and full of c** country who likes to show off and shoot it's mouth off. And I can recall from history texts when Egypt did that, and Roman's, and Britan's, And the Spanish, and the French.. tra la la. Even then the military antic's were primarily unsupported by the populace, nothing has changed. Please don't lump us together as egotistical, power hungry, moron's. I am sick and tired of hearing the piss poor treatment some of my friends have gotten travelling abroad because they are "Stupid Americans". The media feeds you flights of fancy through American entertainment. It also feeds you one sided political affairs, and you know it and admit it, but that does not stop the resentment towards everyone on the whole. All I hear is and Bush says this, and American's need to lay off, and American's need to stay home..... I am at home dammit! I *have* to pay my taxes to fund a war I don't agree with so I don't go to prison and lose my son! Yup, I am a really proud that my government rips me off completely and does do jack s*^t in return!If I wanted to hear anti-American rederrick, I can walk down the street and hear it, I don't need people who don't live here preaching it to me! Just as much as innocent people don't deserve to die in war, innocent people do not need to be persecuted for the acts of their government. I am not my government, and I truly don't believe my vote counts.I am not a corporate anything who can by my way into blissful oblivian. I am not a pretty "star" that the world buys into. I am a small, little pee-on to my country, yee-haw!So now I ask you...How would you like it if I decided what all Aussies are like based on...The BeeGees? The Tribe (yes, we get that show in syndication)? Steve Irwin? John Howard?Or should I judge the English based on Prince Harry Pothead (as he was called in the US media)? Prince Charles? Benny Hill? Rowan Atkinson? The Spice Girls?I don't stick you all in one lump category, nor should you us Americans. I was born here. That is not a crime and I refuse to be persecuted for it. I can change things here about as well as you can! mad>Stepping off of soapbox with heavy sighPele

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Don't worry Pele, throw another shrimp on the barbie, and 'ave a good weekend. wink wink

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Isn't that hard to say with your tongue in your cheek? winkIt made me smile tho! Thanks

Pele

jonathanenthusiast
210 posts

Posted:
pele, im not lumping anyone anywhere, the first thing i said was basically america has more resources to go about its business than most countries, regardless of whether its public opinion or not..you think many more than 5,000 people over the past 23 years deserved all they got because they were afghani's... noand i dont appreciate you putting words in my mouth. like i said i dont agree with any of this stuff, but its there and happening.im just voicing my opinion, i dont recall anywhere saying you were implicitly involved in the whol deal, im sorry if thats what u thought i was on about and that i think all americans are stupid and i have something against them. but no, because im sure i said the opposite...........i have american family....(struggling for leverage)yeah, but i have also listened to and lived with a few muslim fundy's in my time, and i was only voicing what they would consider a decent opinion.but i did mean the biggest guns comment, war is war and people are gonna die, that sux, but thats the way it goes. if a government choses to flaunt its power unwisely then it is often the average jlo bloggs who cops it, an innocent bystander who probably dosent agree with their govts policies anyway....so no offence ment to you pele, america is a place and i was also including the political factions in it, americans are the citizens of it, i didnt say americans

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
IMHO, I feel that ITSGOTTAB is trying to gode on a fight, I blew up at him last time but I wont do it this time, he does have a rather large and foolish mouth but then again so do I. I feel that all he wants to do is get me and people who think alng the same lines as me to blow up and basically get the whole bord on our case. I will try to refrain from doing that, I will be slow to speek and long to think, unless someone says something that is really really obsured and just pisses me off beyond all content. winkPele, I can understand that you only want to pay taxes for the things you support, but then again I have been paying those taxes for 7 almost 8 years now (yes I have had a job sine I was 13, no its not that hard), why the heck should I pay for these John and Jane Doe comotose druggies, or why should I pay to keep rapest and murderers off the street. (heck IMO they should be dropped off on some rock and left to rot). I feel the same way you do only we have different views on whats a waste of our money.RaverRomantic, your post is full of unsubstancieted lies. You really do not understand the American public, I am sorry but I dont think that there are too many Americans out there that actually give a rats a$$ what the American government thinks of them. I do not believe that the American public is that perinoid yet. Big George did not even get reelected, and "his war" was a bit bigger than this one (is right now).*back to Pele* If you realy dislike America that much and you have no desire to vote or maybe even pay your taxes, then you should be more than happy to find the nearest exit. I am not saying that to be rude, but nobody is makeing you stay. If I was in your position, disgrunteld with the government and pissed off because of all the choises being made then I would leave. Its logical.Jonathan, I compleatly understand why N.Z. wouldnt want nuklear weapons in their harbors or on their land but why not the nuklear powerd ships, those things are some of the safest nuklear reacters in the world. It is not my place to say anything really just curius thats all.Who says that the men and women in cuba are going to be killed. Do you not understand what happens when you torture and kill a person under your controle? It gives their friends and families or whoever a new will to fight. Killing prisoners is just as bad as targeting a childrens hospital just for fun. It just dont make sence to do something that foolish.IMHO anybody who is elligable and refuses to vote, does not have the right to complain about how any goverenment is. Voteing is how this country is run. If you are not willing to voice your opinion at the polls then why should you voice your opinions any place else. Itsgottab, if I handed you two pictures, (I am assumeing 2 things{yes I know the thing about assumeing} 1. that your male, 2. that your strait, please dont take offence to that there was none intended), of two different females. One is the hottest and best looking female you could ever imagine, the other is the exact opposite the worst and most unnattactive female you had ever seen just picture me Dom in a dress! (just kidding Dom) wink Of course you would rather look at the female that you think is good looking. Now its a similer situation with the press and the President. If the hot topic is war, they will talk all day about war, if the topic is world hunger then they will talk all day about that. Honestly, in the past 5 elections (not counting Clintons 2nd) I think that all of our presedents have been very good scripted. The only thing that has really changed is who has been writeing the scripts.Well that is all from me untill now, like I said I kept my temper down, though I bet that I still managed to piss a few people off. Ohh well cant win em all. ------------------"Flag of the free heart's hope and home By angel hands to valor given,Thy stars have lit the welkin dome, And all their hues were born in heaven!Forever wave that standard sheet, Where breathes the toe but falls before usWith freedom's soil beneath our feet And freedom's banner streaming o'er us!"Albert J. Beveridge

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
No matter where you go Ray, there are taxes. It seems to be a truth of the world today. And politics are politics. That was my point. Prince Charles (as a Political Figure-head they way Bush is) and John Howard are no better. Just because I don't agree with something doesn't mean I have to pack up and leave. I have a lovely life and just because I voice a displeasure with some aspect of it doesn't mean I am going to commit suicide, same thing with me leaving the country. My friends and my heart are primariy here.jonathan, my commentary wasn't aimed primarily at you. There has been alot of utilizing the terms "America/n" as if it were a curse word and it gets very tiring.As far as victim counts in bombing, I misunderstood...over 5000 people were killed in the Sept 11th fiasco, dubbed bombing, and killing Adghani's doesn't bring them back just as their killing us doesn't help them either.I so also want to point out that for all the "evil" American beaurocratic bullshit has provided, we have also provided many, many people to useful organizations globally...Red Cross, Peace Corps... And if I recall it was the French who dumped nukes in Oz, so the US is not soley to blame for that type of crap, thank you! wink------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele

2,905 posts

Posted:
Pele my point was, if it was that bad and if you felf America was such a shit hole then move. I had no intention to be rude or even suggest that you should only think of yourself. None the less you are right taxes are taxes where ever you go, same with politis and political figures. Thank you for paying your taxes you help keep hundreds of thousands of childrens stomachs full of food, dont forget us warmongering millitary members have families and children too.------------------"Flag of the free heart's hope and home By angel hands to valor given,Thy stars have lit the welkin dome, And all their hues were born in heaven!Forever wave that standard sheet, Where breathes the toe but falls before usWith freedom's soil beneath our feet And freedom's banner streaming o'er us!"Albert J. Beveridge

jonathanenthusiast
210 posts

Posted:
ray,a nuclear reactor is still a nuclear reactor..i do beleive mentioning something about creating a new generation of kids who hate the u.s.....da de da de da......me dunno i am curious however, why youre curious about why we dont allow american nuclear powered ships into our watersits always interesting to get different cultures perspective on things!!

Itsgottabmember
244 posts

Posted:
ray your're such a cutie!!!! maybe your that hot guy the press are talking about.the origninal point i wanted to make was how even though mr bush was addressing the japanese parliment full with intelligent well informed japanese men and women, he was talking to the t.v. and the people of cnn bbc and who ever else was listening/watching using lame arsed emotion driving rethoric that wasn't even accurate.war is good, like i've said, if your're defending your're land and people. i don't beleive in the current situation america is under attack or the threat of it, of course this is a matter for debate. but in the current circumstances it seem alternatives such as diplomatic measures i.e. talking to people and taking along term approach, how about some compromise. i'm an idealised and i realise there are to many people who would rather a cert there power and force, let the suffering continue!!!!

2,905 posts

Posted:
You know I find it funny that someone who has probably never seen suffering can be sarcastic about the whole situation. What have you ever done to ease someones suffering. Just so you dont try to come back with some coy response, well what have you done. Guam: for 4 months my shop sponserd a class of kindergardeners. We pulled together over $1000 for food, spent our money to feed and clothe those kids and get glasses for the ones who needed them. We read to them played with them at recess. Those kids wore out some of the most fit Marines I have ever seen. They are just a ball of energy. You parents can confirm that.Thailand: Our squadren bought an 18 wheeler full of food and donated it to a local orphanage. Yep cold hearted meatheaded killers out there helping out people who we dont know and whos only way of repayment was their smile. We couldnt ask for better compensation. So what have you done. I am sure you have done something otherwise you wouldnt have said anything about suffering.------------------"Flag of the free heart's hope and home By angel hands to valor given,Thy stars have lit the welkin dome, And all their hues were born in heaven!Forever wave that standard sheet, Where breathes the toe but falls before usWith freedom's soil beneath our feet And freedom's banner streaming o'er us!"Albert J. Beveridge

purplemonkeymember
8 posts

Posted:
You know I told myself I wouldn't get involved with political debates any more, but here I go breaking my own rules.. But Ray, isn't your assuming that itsgottab has never seen suffering every bit as wrong as being sarcastic about it? I know for a fact that if someone accused me of never knowing what suffering was, I would laugh at them. Everyone has known hard times. Everyone. You, me, and everyone else on this board. No one's person's troubles are greater (or worse) than another's. And unless you know someone personally, there's absolutely no way that you can judge or just assume that they know nothing of it. That's just me, though.------------------LillyMy finger is an instrument of death!

LillyMy finger is an instrument of death!

2,905 posts

Posted:
I was not judging anybody, I think you missed the whole point of my post. Your right and I do know that everyone has seen their share of hard times in one way or another, I wasnt talking about my suffering or his suffering I was talking about other peoples suffering. None the less it is a mute point seen as how it has already been taken out of context.------------------"Flag of the free heart's hope and home By angel hands to valor given,Thy stars have lit the welkin dome, And all their hues were born in heaven!Forever wave that standard sheet, Where breathes the toe but falls before usWith freedom's soil beneath our feet And freedom's banner streaming o'er us!"Albert J. Beveridge

Itsgottabmember
244 posts

Posted:
you know ray i can't be bothered with you taking things personally all the time. all these conversations where ahve been having about war and politics are about wider isssues, you've raise some good points and enlightened us to the fact that some people in the armed services care and actually carry out some actions to show you care.but really whats being said by mosat is we disagree with the use of 'war' in most cases. the reasons your country and any other go to war are more complex than 'there goes a bad guy lets get him' usually these complexities are interwoven with issues of domestic power (corprate power) without going on and on its basically these reasons people are apposed to war. your personal experince of war is not what we are talking about. when you get home chill and do nothing for awhile, its only natural to rest, maybe then you'll change some. hope things work out for you. daniel

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Hey Ray, I look damn fine in a dress! I've hair and legs to die for! I'll have to go dig out a photo now....Pele - There's stereotypes about every country. You can't get too unset about them, but like everything you can try to change them. When people refer to a country's actions they mean that country's government, not each individual in that country.

robingreenshoesmember
32 posts

Posted:
Good Call -DOM-I was trying to think of a way of saying that without getting bitten wink (to Pele)

2,905 posts

Posted:
Well said Itsgottab, well said in deed.I will tell you if I start to change in a few weeks when I finally get home after 6 months of being away.Dom I hope the years are good to your girlish figure. [image]https://www.homeofpoi.com/ubb/images/icons/smile.gif">------------------[/image] By angel hands to valor given,Thy stars have lit the welkin dome, And all their hues were born in heaven!Forever wave that standard sheet, Where breathes the toe but falls before usWith freedom's soil beneath our feet And freedom's banner streaming o'er us!"Albert J. Beveridge

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
The secret is good quality moisturiser. You too gentlemen! You'll thank me for it when you're older. wink

CarreySILVER Member
180 posts

Posted:
I concure...Dom would look fabulous in a dress! winkC