PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Alright, our Ren show has been divided into two seperate half hour shows....one for swinging and one for eating....no not my idea but the faire managements. So here's the question...we do hot soup, pooling, flaming ball in mouth, torch eating and of course blowing and pattern blowing. Can anyone else think of anything else that we can do to add to this? I think these elements will fll up 20 minutes nicely which leaves us with either 10 minutes of crap filler or ten minutes of new tricks...all ideas will be entertained..except any where I need to disjoint my body...swallow and reguritate fire or pop my eyes out of my sockets! grin Thanks in advance for any help.------------------PeleHigher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
hey pele, what in the world is "Hot Soup"??? everyone seems to have different names for things, and i've never heard this one before, and have no idea what it might be!

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Flavio..."Hot Soup" is where you have a heat proof type bowl with fuel in the bottom. Light it up and dip in a spoon, enough for the BOTTOM of the spoon to be coated in fire. From the audience perspective it looks like you are dishing up a spoonful of fire when in all actuallity, the spoon is empty. Any rate, put it in yer mouth, make a big deal about "swallowing" and smother the flame. It's a nice effect. We have a whole repetiore built around "eating" fire....appetizers are lit cotton balls..hold on tongue have someone light their cigarette from it, smother it. Then on to the soup, then onto eating hot "coals", then onto a salamanders desert (flaming fruit if you don't know it) followed by the after dinner smoke (torch eating/smothering) and finally with the after dinner cocktail (breathing). It's a nice comedic up close kinda routine that people really enjoy....but I am looking to expand. Hope it helps and if anything I have said makes no sense (usually it doesn't to me wink) I'd be happy to clarify.Take care and happy fires.------------------PeleHigher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...

Pele

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
oh otay. well, hot soup is not even remotely close to my wildest imagination of what it could have possibly meant! ha! anyway- i guess the only possible suggestions i might have for your predicament are flame body transfers and flame transfers with your mouth. but you're probably already doing that stuff... so i don't know... it's really hard to make fire eating interesting for any extended period of time... :-(

TomSILVER Member
135 posts

Posted:
Would it be rude of me to POINT out that you posted this in 'Poi Moves' even though in the title you say it isn't about poi and therefore shouldn't be in the 'Poi moves' section.Don't hate me,I was just amused,point, heheheTomps. love the topic tho[This message has been edited by Tom (edited 14 February 2002).]

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
On that note, I think tom should get a bonus point in the points system.(runs away and hides before any other mods get here... grin )------------------Charles (AKA INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggle.co.nz/fire/fire.html

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
Maybe you could dance around with your hand-torches for a while

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
To build on Tom's POINT, you are excluding all of the staff people by posting it here too. Just because you believe that those who twirl staff are inferior to those who twirl poi DOESN'T mean that they might not have something intelligent to say on this topic. I have friends that twirl staff and frankly, I'm a bit offended. wink (point)I found that if you get all dancey you can kill time with fire fingers and stuff. Especially if you have a few people... Dance and grove, blow, dance and grove, eat, trail etc... I think it's easier to kill time with trailing and eating.Hey, maybe if you had a trailing, breathing and eating storyline with costumes and such you could easily kill a half hour. Maybe like a pandora's box theme or a heaven and hell theme with breathing and dancing. Dunno, if you get "plot oriented" you can easily kill 10 minutes. smileJust thinkin' out loud.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Oh you all think you are so darn smart...would someone kindly look at the DATE on that thing??? December 16th 200--what? Oh yeah...0!! That's right! That post was put up in 2000! shockedTwo years ago, before there was a poi section, or "other type" sections.(I think I am dating myself at this point)It most likely got stuck here because it had "poi" in the title.And geez louise...my show has progressed so far past that....!!!! tongueYou silly, silly men! rolleyes------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com

Pele

TomSILVER Member
135 posts

Posted:
Sorry Pele,I didn't check the year!!I was just browsing around and found it, anyhow the spoon thing is cool.Didn't do it vindictively or anything..promise,Tom

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Tom....I didn't think you did mean it! Which is why I put in all the smilies! winkAs I said before...you silly man! grinAnd...I moved it! grin------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com[This message has been edited by Pele (edited 15 February 2002).]

Pele