Taylor Darkfallmember
3 posts

Posted:
Hey you guys should try Kava Kava root to relax.. you make it into a tea. Its really good. The South Pacific islanders do it.. and they created Poi.. so we should all enjoy the Kava plant. BTW it's completly legal.. I just had to share this with you guys!------------------"Was it a vision or a waking dream...fled is that music. Do I wake or sleep." - Keats

Was it a vision or a waking dream...fled is that music. Do I wake or sleep. - Keats

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
And where does one get this stuff?Another good legal relaxant is DMT (which I believe inspired Shpongles song "Divine Moments of Truth").

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

robingreenshoesmember
32 posts

Posted:
I'm not sure if I'm thinking of the same thing but DMT is an intense Hallucinogenic used in shamanic rites to leave the body. It is reputedly far stronger than acid and I can't believe it's legal, however if it is the same thing and it is legal I'd love to know where I can get some.Rob

shizN0Tmember
184 posts

Posted:
DMT is not legal. however the plant root that is found in is legal. its found in a root in a tree in South Afirca. Its a HARDCORE trip. for about 5 - 10 minutes. Its not some much a hallucinogenic as a delusional. You see shit that simple isnt there. ie bounse a tenis ball and catch it, but there is no ball. I know a friend that had a conversation with his dead sister. crazy stuff, not for the wear soul.https://ethnobotanicals.com/lots of natural herbs here... check out Salvia divinorum. that is legal.gives a mild trip effect.

I smell something burning.

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
kava kava root is a wonder homeopathic-anti-anxiety drug. All natural chill pill you can buy in powder form or in pill form at any of your local nature remedy stores. I have lots of it myself it helps me focus during Za Zen meditation and walking meditaion. I gring it from roots at home and make pills with my mom (quite the practical wiccan). It also works as a suppresent if you're wired and need to sleep. It is water soluable so you can't really overdose (but is does turn you pee bright yellow.)I recommend it to anyone.------------------Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

tonemanmember
195 posts

Posted:
Just to let you know:do not take this if:you are a recovering addict (alcohol or otherwise) or have other mental mental problems winkthis stuff can do bad things to people that aren't quite there. My Fiance's ex had some issues with it.... needless to say, anything can be bad for the wrong person...

Taylor Darkfallmember
3 posts

Posted:
Okay, here it is guys. Kava Kava is a plant from the south pacific. The roots are dried and brewed to make a mild sedative tea. You can get it at most health food stores. If you drink enough of the root tea your mouth and throat will go numb. The tingle means its working! wink there are different kinda of kava which have different levels of kavalactones ( the actieve ingredient). Waka grade is the strongest. I don't get much of a buzz off of the pills. But the tea will meditate you out.. very nice. It can be slightly damaging to the liver in HUGE amounts.. but you probably dont worry about that.. because if you drink beer you're proabably doing more damage. I just thought I'd share this with you because after a long day of smashing your self in the shin, head, and nuts with your poi because the darn tails keep tangling.. the kava is a good thing to enjoy. Oh and you can also order it off the internet.

Was it a vision or a waking dream...fled is that music. Do I wake or sleep. - Keats

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
OK this is a Poi board, not a drug board.Please check your facts. Karva does not contain DMT. There are important differences.KAVAChemistry: Active component in kava are six resinous alpha pyrones: kawain (C14H14O3) dihyrdokawain, methysticin (C15H14O5), dihydromethysticin, yangonin (c15h14o3) and dyhydroyangonin. DMTN,N-DMT is a psychoactive chemical in the tryptamine family, which causes intense visuals and strong psychedelic mental affects. It present in thousands of species of plants and has been used traditionally in South America both in Ayahuasca brews and snuffs since at least the time of first European contact.

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
WHAT MENTAL PROBLEM I DONT (twitch) HAVE A (twitch) MENTAL (twitch) PROBLEM! (twitch) (twitch) grin

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Umm..... I don't recall anyone saying that Kava contains DMT, Stone.--------------------DMT is possibly the most insane five or six minutes most people will have in their life. Kava just makes you mellow....... Really mellow.I only use Kava if I'm having a fit of insomnia. When I just want to relax, or I am really worked up over something I usually drink rosemary tea. It tastes like ass, but it works really well when you're stressed. ------------------If you love something, set it on fire.

Jesus helps me trick people.

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Hi SickpuPpy, you could be right. But with comments like "another good legal relaxant is DMT, or I'm not sure if I'm thinking of the same thing" it seemed like people could be confusing DMT with Kava. I would also suggest that DMT is the active ingredient in Salvia divinorum.

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

melissaBRONZE Member
156 posts

Posted:
if you're in hawaii there's a couple of kava bars around. i actually got to drink the stuff for one of my classes in hawaiian ethnobotany. it tastes pretty nasty but it can really mellow you out. the fresh kava (also called awa or piper methysticum) is definatly better than the dried powder stuff. for folks that are far away from where it grows i'd recommend the tinture method. there's also a number of different kinds of kawa, i can't remember the chemical breakdown of what the variation in effects is but for the most part it will make your mouth numb, really mellow mood, blood shot eyes, and for some breeds will create mild halluntionations if taken in large amounts (not recommended because the kava expert for my class did that had some rather negetive reactions), it can also help with insomnia and menstral cramps. all in all though it is nice to have on occation.

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
A plant that mellows you out, gives you bloodshot eyes and makes you sleepy?Can you make cookies out it too?*sniggers*

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

SilverEyesmember
45 posts

Posted:
I keep a bottle of kava kava in my backpack for the really bad days; it's available at WalMart or almost any grocery store here in Texas. Valerian is a decent alternative, but smells like bad feet.

foobaaspinning for ages
125 posts

Posted:
yeh, the real thing is great, tastes just like nasty muddy water, but you get such a mellow feeling......mmmmmmm

fe fi foo fun

shizN0Tmember
184 posts

Posted:
I heard this morning that Kava has been linked to liver damage, that some countries have halted distribution of kava. Seems like a good leason. Just cause its a natural herb does not make it safe. *chuckles at the thought of taking DMT to relax*PS I found thishttps://www.cnn.com/2002/HEALTH/diet.fitness/03/25/kava.warning.ap/index.html[This message has been edited by shizN0T (edited 27 March 2002).]

I smell something burning.

Raging Infernomember
1 post

Posted:
Hey you guys, check here:https://www.kickbackwithkava.com/I ordered some Tanga from them, and though it tasted REALLY icky, I kind of liked the affect. It did give me a gnarly stomach ache for about 30 minutes....I consumed it in orange juice...kind of masked the flavor. It made me really talkative, kind of like all the effects of being drunk, only without being drunk, stupid, etc. It was realxing and fun...but I don't consume it anymore...the flavor was that of unsweet black licorice and the smell makes me gag now.But it's perfectly legal, even Hilary Clinton consumed some on her trip to the Polynesian Islands a while back (as is custom with visitors) and it's widely available in pill form at many health and drug stores across the country.Enjoy!