Forums > Social Chat > the blossom of the flower: coleman vs kero

Login/Join to Participate

Shibakienthusiast
309 posts

Posted:
hello allhave been thinking, been doing a good bit of that as i am sitting here sick (i think that i am actually not quite so sick as i make out, but it got me a doctors note, which is helpful). im going to be taking a trip here in 2 weeks, and was almost completely positive that i was going to put down my chains until then, but it doesnt appear as if that is meant to happen now. i performed at my first club on a hideously small stage, with coleman. i normally use kero. used coleman before, but for some reason always gravitated towards the kero. now i am finding out why. burn time. kero doesnt want to go out. burns and burns and burns and burns. it wears me out because i am so energetic with my style of dance. now i discovered this the night i performed at the club with white gas. it hit me, so to speak. i realized that i dont feel i have enough time to experience the fire. so short. to climax at all in the dance i have to move right into it or i dont have the proper time to tell the story. there is no gathering of energy, it is an infant. with kerosene, i have time, to begin. to feel the flame, to communicate. to languidly let the beat penetrate. take those first steps. and in the next minute let go of thought. then just dance. and have time to feel the rhythmic throb as the history i am reading unfolds. and even so often with kerosene, i find that it sometimes does not burn long enough, or hot enough, or sometimes i havent the strength to continue, though everything in me cries to continue, to let my body dissolve just to boil that last bit of energy from within so that i may reach further. i come to know the fire for its brief incarnation, and just as the life of a flower, the extra bit of time spent with the fire allows the blossom to open ever further. but again, it may be that i havent proper experience with coleman. white gas could very well be some future knowledge that i will one day uncover the possibilities to. ??take care and happy new year everyone, at least in gregorian parlanceps, i dont do drugs, in case anyone questions... wink[This message has been edited by Shibaki (edited 28 December 2001).]

Wow

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
"ps, i dont do drugs, in case anyone questions"That's lucky, cos I do do drugs and I don't know what you're on about.*tiptoes quietly away before anyone notices what's happening*[This message has been edited by Cantus (edited 30 December 2001).]

Meh

BamBamPooh-Bah
1,810 posts

Posted:
Cantus: I'm with you on that one mate.

A kiss blown is a kiss wasted, the only kind of kiss is a kiss tasted.

I'm a woman. We don't say what we want, but we reserve the right to be pissed off if we don't get it. That's what makes us so fascinating and not just a LITTLE bit scary.

Neph23BRONZE Member
62 posts

Posted:
quote:
i realized that i dont feel i have enough time to experience the fire. so short. to climax at all in the dance i have to move right into it or i dont have the proper time to tell the story
I understand grin same thing happened with me at a show, even the itty bitty stage part.. JUST when i started to loosen up and really feel "at one" with the fire... poof.... it went out... I felt I had so much more to offer the spectators.. even though Im a beginner I felt going on longer, even if its a repeat of the same moves, would give them what they paid for. I wish oil didn't create a slip and slide surface :\ or deep fry your body when it hits you... I like the way it burns. Id like kero as well if i didn't think it was trying to choke me to death..

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
You do know, Neph, that you're not supposed to breathe the kero, don't you? wink------------------If you love something, set it on fire.

Jesus helps me trick people.

swiftythefireguymember
61 posts

Posted:
HEY SWIFTY HERE I PERFER COLMAN BECAUSE OF THE FLAME SIZE I GET BUT THE KERO DOES GIVE A LONGER BURN.LAMP OIL AINT THAT BAD EITHER BURN REAL HOT NOT AS GOOD AS COLMAN THOUGH IS THERE ANY THING ELSE THAT YOU CAN BURN ?

dont ever ask me whta time it is ?where are we? or are we there yet? because the time is now!we here !and we wil never be there !

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Why are you shouting Swifty?You'll upset the moderators doing things like that....

Meh

Hook's baneWill bite you (unless you tickle behind my ears)
188 posts

Posted:
I use parrafin. I haven't found anything that compares to it yet.------------------Follow the bouncing bass

...tick tick tick....

Neph23BRONZE Member
62 posts

Posted:
quote:
You do know, Neph, that you're not supposed to breathe the kero, don't you?
well hell, that clears up that peoblem wink grin

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
*looks around at the other fire performers*I dunno about them Shibaki, but I'm right >< here with you brother. (: I definately have the same problem. I've only come up with two solutions..either mix your fuels..half and half coleman's to lamp oil, or just have a second set of poi ready to go. When one is ready to go out, pick the other set up. If you had a partner you might be able to make this changeout look good with a move like the TTN handoff. Your partner lights up the second set off yours when they are ready to go out, and you just put the ones you have out and grab those. (:PLURRMax

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Neph honey, will you please stop doing that quotey thing? It's really not necessary. It might be the done thing on other communities but we do things a little different round here.You can simply refer to the information you want in your body of text. So much simpler. Quoting is generally reserved for drawing attention to things on a different forum/board/site etc.OK. thanx for your time.------------------C@ntusThere's only one way of life and that's your own.

Meh

Shibakienthusiast
309 posts

Posted:
yeah, i had thought about having a second set ready for pick up, and the TTN sounds like fun and aesthetic at the same time. im going to have start doing some practicing on it, but probably wont get a chance to until my trip. for mixing fuels though, still probably not a good idea for indoors use. a little kero goes a long way. for beach use you cant get me away from kero. have you mixed yours in a club setting before? were they bearable?lanford, i could be wrong on this one, because i am completely american for the time present, but i think that paraffin and kerosene are the same animal, we just have a diff name in the states. if im wrong, please correct mehappy early new years everyone smile

Wow

188 posts

Posted:
Yes. Kero and parrafin are indeed the same animal.------------------Follow the bouncing bass

...tick tick tick....

phuzzzmember
160 posts

Posted:
parifin is refined to burn cleaner and longer than kerosene. ive done many tests as to burn time and found that there is about a five minute diff. maybey terms and market names may differ, what im being sold as 100 percent liquid parofin is much different than kero...

188 posts

Posted:
Well there you go then

...tick tick tick....

Neph23BRONZE Member
62 posts

Posted:
sorry

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Oh it's ok angel. Don't apologise. I wasn't shouting at you. I was just trying to be helpful. I haven't upset you have I?

Meh

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Neph is quite resiliant, and occasionally quite the riot grrrl. Just hand her a rum and coke, and all will be forgiven.On the subject of the subject,I don't like useing anything but kero, with one exeption: when it's very cold out the kero doesn't always want to light, so I'll use like a 90/10 kero/white gas mix just to get the wicks lit. Even then I'm always nervous that my wicks are going to drip on me. White gas is nasty when it drips.------------------If you love something, set it on fire.

Jesus helps me trick people.

Neph23BRONZE Member
62 posts

Posted:
nahh not upset... they just dont have that embarrassed emotion thing, so i chose the most pink one..

I am Schwabemember
25 posts

Posted:
well for breathingcoleman makes extremely large, very large, fire balls...although, it leaves your mouth very sensitve and tingly...I havne tried kero, why arent you suppose to breathe it? is it to toxic?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
It can be quite nasty I believe Scwabe. But no fuel is actually designed to be breathed. Even the ones that are (if you know what i mean). Although I think in this case, Neph and Puppy where enjoying some idle banter between themselves. They're friends outside of HOP y'see...

Meh