ReddevilBRONZE Member
28 posts

Posted:
I was wondering if anyone can astral project (leave their physical body) and do poi?is that possible?If anyone does astral project where do you go and what things do you do.would like to hear some stories.

emthrenmember
57 posts

Posted:
Can I? Not yet.Is it possible? Certainly.Most things that can be done in dreams can be done when projecting (or lucid dreaming). Since people have had dreams with poi in them, it'd follow that it's possible to do astrally as well.For more experiences and such, I'd probably point you over to something like www.astralsociety.com Seems there's more to read through there. =)

GlowWormBRONZE Member
84 posts

Posted:
Well, you asked if anyone can astral project, and my answer is yes. I have only as of yet done it a few times, but, if you are thinkinging of trying it, my recommendation would be to go for it. It is an amazing feeling. No, i have never tried poi whilst projecting, but its a thought!! Just a word of advice; if you are gonna project, tell whoeber is around you that this is your private time. I did it while a friend was at my house, and she got a major fright because i was sitting up and she thought there was something wrong with me when i didnt respond!! Projection is kinda scary the first time (kinda like using fire for the first time), but dont get freaked cuz otherwise youll come back in with a jolt.Oh, and DONT DRINK BEFORE PROJECTION!!!! it gets MAJOR scary: i started confulsing and stuff. Scary shit!!Peace out, hope i helped------------------ColesId love to be a glow-wormCuz a glow-worm's never glumIt's hard to be downheartedWhen a light shines out your bum

Coles
Id love to be a glow-worm
Cuz a glow-worm's never glum
It's hard to be downhearted
When a light shines out your bum

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
Have only done it while asleep. Thought I was just haveing a dream that I was talking to my girlfriend, but when I saw her the next day and she told me everything that happend in my dream before I even opened my mouth, I started thinking differently about the whole subject. I have come up with staff moves, songs, martial arts techniques, and foosball shots in my sleep, though. Most of them turned out being really useful later, in waking life.------------------If you love something, set it on fire.

Jesus helps me trick people.

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
I can astral project almost every night if I choose, and during the day if I have smoked Salvia. I've been able to do this for at least 3 years, and on and off before that. I would not have thought projecting astrally was possible whilst inebriated with alcohol. I abhor the substance and see no use for it at all. I also cannot imagine why you would even want to astral travel while your friends are around. I think it's rather odd.However doing Shiatsu stretch positions is horrible to do while inebriated - it doesn't quite make you convulse but I've seen people do it and it makes them quite sick. Perhaps its the aligning of the qi channels or something. *shrug*MHO.

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

SickpuPpyNinja Rockstar!
1,100 posts

Posted:
What is this "Salvia" that you speak of?

Jesus helps me trick people.

GaBBeRave19member
72 posts

Posted:
saliva iz that legal weed thats not really weed gets u really messed up tho

adrian vmember
5 posts

Posted:
ive astraly traveled many times,,,,usualy to other plains of existance like the fae land or the salamanders place or my special meeting place i have with my spirit guide,,,or even just up nto the heavens to sit and be with the stars them selves.never played with poi tho, but if i can carry a sword with me to meet the flames, im sure you could take poi with you....anything is possible.()()(*.*)(____)*adrian

catboymember
167 posts

Posted:
ive never heard of that before but it sounds really relaxing... must have a read into it......i have been able to project my attention and do poi moves... very handy when in 4hr+ video conferences at work! smile

you can take the cat out of the jungle, but you cant take the jungle out of the cat

phuzzzmember
160 posts

Posted:
who wants to meet me at the pyramids to spin tonight???

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
I have left my body many times, but I have never done poi while "outside". I have a similar experience with jolting back into my body (like GlowWorm). I have noticed that any stong emotion (fear, lust, or physical discomfort or movement) brings me back into my body, sometimes very suddenly. I have just started to be able keep myself outside when I start to come back in, and I still can't leave any time I choose. I can only do it when it starts to happen naturaly and I choose to go with it or not. I hope to be able to do it at will eventually. Untill then I will have to be content with random, infrequent, short duration journeys. (although on the last one I ripped a shingle on the edge of the neighbors roof...just a spurt of the moment thing, to prove I was there...kind of wierd hugh? I went over there the next day and that shingle was ripped halfway off...makes me wonder what all is possible in this universe) However, I do know someone (jedi white) who has vivid dreams boardering on astral travel and he does poi in them. That is why he is so good, he learns new stuff that way. With me, it is just trial and error (mostly error and pain)

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

Hook's baneWill bite you (unless you tickle behind my ears)
188 posts

Posted:
I used to meditate/trance out type thing to relieve stress and look at problems differently - almost independantly - I haven't done it in a while though and never while spinning. I'm yet to discover the spiritual side of fire arts I think.------------------Follow the bouncing bass

...tick tick tick....

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
/bumps this gem (in the astral realm, obviously)
splat and adrian are astral adepts: their experiences and constructs used are consistent with the narrow set of requirements of conscious astral proection - everyone else was lucid dreaming (subconscious projection). only with the latter do we learn and grow - we are not bodies growing spirits, but as spirits who've grown bodies.

When all the poisons clear out of my system and i can fully access the 5th, I will discuss with you guys, since time does not matter 'there/here'

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
quote:
posted by sickpuppy: I have come up with staff moves, songs, martial arts techniques, and foosball shots in my sleep, though. Most of them turned out being really useful later, in waking life.
That's very productive sleep!

I still have never had a flying dream!!! People have told me they are wonderful!

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

6,978 posts

Posted:
bec (arsn told me it was bec, right?),
we are blessed to live in several planes at once. If you awaken/uncloud your true concsiousness to awaken your astral existence inthe 5th plane, you'll notice that it's quite divorced from the 4th dimension -time- and hence will seem to 'spent' a different amount of time than you had spent lying dormant in the normal world. Not only that, I could in the future encounter you in one of your previous outings. It's so farking exciting to know that right now I am existing (but dormant as a sleepwalker) in such a place where flying is possible.
One day, I hope that many more people can awaken themselves and concentrate on the inner exploration that reveals so much of life!
I still have never had a flying dream!!! People have told me they are wonderful! [/QB][/QUOTE]

.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
Ummmm..... bec would be the bec that Arsn mentioned.... I'm Elke

Thanks for the thoughts

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

Sepamember
184 posts

Posted:
Hmmm, don't know if this will help you guys on your homecomings, but when I learnt to journey I was taught that the action of making a fist around your thumbs (while lying or sitting or wherever) worked like a 'parachute' and brings you down gently, rather than the bump that some of you have experienced.

Perhaps give it a go?

MikeGinnyGOLD Member
HOP Mad Doctor
13,925 posts

Posted:
How cool would it be to see poi spinning in the middle of the air with nobody apparently spinning them?

"Oh, that's just Reddevil showing off his astral projection abilities again..."

-Mike

Certified Mad Doctor and HoP High Priest of Nutella

A buckuht n a hooze! -Valura

Raymund Phule (Fireproof)Enter a "Title" here:
2,905 posts

Posted:
First off Reddevil I would like to comment on your name: My squadren is called the Red Devils and is the oldest active fighter squadren in the US Marine Corps, I like your name

Secondly, I have no clue what the hell your talking about so I will keep my nose out of any further discussion.

Some Jarhead last night: "this dumb a$$ thinks hes fireproof"

Fwirl :pmember
76 posts

Posted:
1 question:

how do u astral project yourself?

either reply here or e-mail me @: juzplainfreeky@hotmail.com
I am intreeged so someone please reply!
thanx
luv 2 ya all
Lyd's

Neo:Wow, that sounds like a really good deal, but I have a better one. How about I give you the finger and you give me my phone call?

6,978 posts

Posted:
you are free to read the online classes.
these people ask for nothing for their teachings becuase they believe that to earn knowledge they must first give it - the best and most learning I've ever experienced in this shortish life!

[ 08 July 2002, 03:13: Message edited by: Bender_the_Offender ]

76 posts

Posted:
thanx bender, I'll go have a look now.
luv 2 ya all
Lyd's

Neo:Wow, that sounds like a really good deal, but I have a better one. How about I give you the finger and you give me my phone call?

76 posts

Posted:
I have had this dream before of like flying around on cushions/pillows. they could fly and I was on one flying around this beautiful old house!!! I've only had it once though...it was a very good dream!
luv 2 ya all
Lyd's