cutie poi girliemember
237 posts

Posted:
hi everyone i was cassually looking through the social discusion when i thought-how often do you lot practice? and spin in public? i practice every day... *blushes* ...ok so i never practice.. blush and spin in public....uh...not alot in winter, but every day in summer... Cutie grin

Luv peace 'n' chicken grease Al X x

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I practice for at least one hour every day. Outside, in the cold. I live in the north so it's colder
Non-Https Image Link
than Cornwall winkI don't perform in public very often tho. Cos generally there isn't anywhere to perform round here.------------------C@ntus

Meh

GaBBeRave19member
72 posts

Posted:
least an hour a day

DmAlterEgo
128 posts

Posted:
When I started Poi I practiced loads as it was summer and nice to be outside. Now I roughly practise my poi for about 4 hours a week, spread over a few sessions, and my staff once a week for an hour or so. I'd like to practice more, but unfortunately there's other things getting in the way!As to spinning in public, it varies as my 'public' spinning tends to be in 'clubs' that you can spin in, and my attendance at these varies. My practice on Wednsdays is a Just Jugglers, so that's kinda public.

We're nothing but the nerds they think we are

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Yes but jugglers aren't people. They lack the necessary social skills. tongue------------------C@ntus

Meh

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I used to spin about an hour every day, but since I've started going to a gym, my arms and back are so knackered afterwards that I can barely manage 20 minutes a day now.I've been told that eventually, my arms will start getting more endurance but I think they were lying smileIt also doesn't help that it's dark when I get home from work now, and I prefer to practise new tricks when I can see the poi coming and duck if I have to, and it's really cold outside anyway.I have enough room to practice the weave and butterfly inside, but anything else and I start breaking stuff/hitting my sister.[This message has been edited by TheBovrilMonkey (edited 04 November 2001).]

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

JeStErSILVER Member
enthusiast
214 posts

Posted:
When I 1st started I used to pick up my devil sticks for 20 mins about 3 times a day. and then when I ventured into learning the staffs and poi it would also have been bout an hour a day for each toy. Now i'm slack and just pick em up to have a play or try an get a few of those nagging tricks down pat that are still a lil rough round the edges. smile

Trying to play the Akashic records,
but my turntables not compatible.

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
We jugglers are too so peoples!We don't done got no social problems.We done got best socially in hole worldSo theres!!! ------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I see your mad uncle's run off with the dictionary again Charles (that's the big book of spellings BTW)------------------C@ntus

Meh

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
lately I've been practicing a lot...about 30mins to an hour during my lunch break and 30mins to an hour at home. On the weekend it is much more than that.I also do other things to help - I do strength training, and cardio vascular (ride my bike to work smile) daily. both of which have helped my twirling a lot.I now know why everyone who does doubles as a primary tool has large shoulders. smile what a work out smileJosh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Oh is that what it is? I thought my tattoos were shrinking....------------------C@ntus

Meh

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
hehe, any free moment thats not at school, the school frowns upon soinning for some odd reason, my tennis balls on string go with me everywhere and whenever i get a chance theyre out and spinning, on days when im learning a new move, i will do nothing else till ive gotten the move or at least until it become apparent its gonna take more than a day, so yeah, i guess the answer would be a lot...

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

xaedamember
129 posts

Posted:
you don't count, charles, you're not a true geek juggler ;-) You only reach true geek juggler status when the number of balls you can juggle outnumbers the number of successful social interactions you have daily tongue hehehehehe wink x

the memories fire, the rhythm falls slow....

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I can juggle one ball. But i sense that doesn't count. Does social interaction include family? ------------------C@ntus

Meh