Page:
AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
please please please break up your story so its a little more easy on the eye. pele and others

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Ooh don't cross Pele.... shockedShe has powers beyond the ken of mortal man.Anyway you can't complain. You haven't got any commas or fullstops in your sentence either.I'm not going to make my usual grammar joke as it always dies on its arse frown------------------C@ntus

Meh

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Not to mention that I do break mine up into Business Mandate Hacker paragraphs, which is divided into topics without tabs. I even use appropriate spacing.Guess who also took literature, creative writing and business writing in college. That's what several years as an undecided major will do for you! tongueThanks for that warning Cantus....I might not have been so kind and simply have weilded my mighty powers over our poor, unsuspecting friend...that would have been dreadful.Little tip bits all over our lovely home! grinOh, and proper names begin with capital letters please!------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com[This message has been edited by Pele (edited 02 November 2001).]

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

CharlesBRONZE Member
Corporate Circus Arts Entertainer
3,989 posts

Posted:
Oh don't be such a spoilsport Cantus. it does make long posts easier to read...And any way, you mayt be right about the punctuation except there is one full stop.But anyway, the post isnt about our Pele, coz our Pele has a CAPITAL P! I'm not sure who this rogue "pele" is, but its a good idea for all of us to make our posts easier to read... grin grin grin grin ------------------Charles (INFERNO)newdolbel@hotmail.comhttps://juggling.co.nz

HoP Posting Guidelines
* Is it the Truth?
* Is it Fair to all concerned?
* Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
* Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Oh, now you know I can't resist!!!If written correctly the sentence, as I learned my American grammar, should be...."Please, please, please break up your stories so they are a little easier on the eye, Pele and others."There are proper breaks, a full stop at the end of the complete sentence, proper captialization, as well as correlating syntax instead of having singluar phrasing relating to plural sunjects. grinNow, where is this story? Is it a good piece of fiction? Oh...I like fantasy best!I also know spelling never was my strong point! But since when is paragraph two words? winkLOL..Charles, you commented on the P at the same time I edited it in my post...funny!The one, the only, the real.....------------------Pele Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir...https://www.pyromorph.com[This message has been edited by Pele (edited 02 November 2001).]

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
or perhaps:2 November, 2001Dear Pele and Others, Re: Spelling & Grammar Request - Home of PoiAfter having read many of your posts to the individual forums of the Home of Poi website, it has come to my attention that, whilst your entries are both titillating and informative, paragraphs are not being utilised as they should.I personally find it difficult to absorb information when it has been set out in such a way. No doubt, I have been missing much of the stimulation you provide as a result. I am therefore requesting that you divide your posts into paragraphs so I can take full advantage of the wonderful information you have to offer.In anticipation,tip

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
I think "Para Graphs" are special graphs that parachute behind emeny lines to confuse the baddy scientists by providing them with erroneous information on their results tables. Thus preventing them in their diabolical plans for world domination. But I may be wrong....------------------C@ntus

Meh

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
hmm I think you are onto something with that line of thinking Cantus.I'm of the opinion that Para Graphs are a covert organisation of highly trained Graphs, who subvert and mislead Graphs all over the world in order to move forward on their own shady agendas...: tongueeers around corner:: there could be some listening to us right now! Josh

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Or it could be that Para Graphs are semi professional graphs, still in training, which might explain the random use of them on this site smilecareful, the walls have ears...ade

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
You mean like dishonest pie charts?

Meh

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
maybe para graphs are graphs that have been out on a bender... you know, like friday night drinks and all that....Prolly end up in the gutter spewing up all those x and y axis after they eat that pie and have a few lines.(very punny, I know!)[This message has been edited by flash fire (edited 02 November 2001).]

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
plaise plaise plaise braik down yo' story so's its some tiny-ass mo' aisy on daeye. pele an' otha's (courtesy of the jive translator: https://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~eclectic/toys/jive.html
)--------------------------------------------------------------------Q: Why did the tachyon cross the road?A: Because it was on the other side.

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
normally I'd respect this post and request that others adhere to using paragraphs, but since I can tell you the author of this thread is indeed the bad-ass mo fo aka "F#$king You Gently" in the "who loves you the most" thread, I think we can continue with the ass-raping.as you were...

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Isn't that Arse raping, Flash?

Meh

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
lol!! I knew you'd pick up on that!I guess ass-raping is a typically american term, therefore I used the typical american spelling.:P

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Nah Cantus,ass raping...its where you get a bunch of dudes cupping their hands over their mouths producing rythmic farting sounds, while another guy ryhmes in time... winkJosh

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Flash was right - ass raping is correct. It just has a different meaning to arse raping (ie raping a donkey!) wink(PS no can make the burn tonight Josh, hopefully next week)[This message has been edited by Bendy (edited 02 November 2001).]

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Erm no Bendy. I'm afraid you are incorrect. An Ass is a type of donkey. Closely related to the zebra or horse but having slightly longer ears. Found in parts of Asia and Africa. It's is also an American corruption of the British slang word - Arse. Meaning buttocks.And Flash and I were just chatting about it previous to her post which is why I, jokingly, corrected her.*shakes head*I can't believe that i'm sitting here at 6.45am arguing the semantics of arses and ass'. If my mum was alive she'd be so proud right now.....------------------C@ntus

Meh

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
Do you hear that? *pauses for a moment of silence* ... it is the sound of a crack pipe, on its last bowl....bubble bubble fizz pop...do you know what crack is? I know, I know, I make jokes about crack heads alot, But (personal) experience has taught me...Once a crack head-always a crack head. Disclaimer: Smoking crack may not neccisarily make a person a crack head, and a person may be a crack head even though they have never smoked crack, however, if you say "crack", randomly during a conversationor as a joke, and the person goes "AaaaRRR!!! CRACK!!!" You may have an actual crack head in front of you... Please proccede to the nearest emergency exit, and please, do NOT panic...My grammer might be totaly wrong but, I thought that:Ass Rapping (I think it is also called "beat boxing" in 80's USA inner city slang, where-as Ass Raping (as in Rape, AKA sexual assault) is a form of beastiality performed on innocent relatives of the horse family...Pass the crack pipe please..I think I'll have another hit...

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Actually Cantus a donkey is a type of ass (Equus asinus is the species) tongueAss (às): any of several hoofed mammals of the genus Equus, resembling and closely related to the horses which includes the domesticated donkey. The Equus genus contains horses asses and Zebras (no comma for comical purposes!!) Not sure which genus the rest of the horse is categorised under rolleyes - bad joke I know!! grinSorry Cantus smileI don't condone any form of beastiality... but necrophilia means never having to say sorry.[This message has been edited by Bendy (edited 02 November 2001).]

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Why did someone turn up in the middle and start whittering on about crack?Bendy. How aboutIncest - a game for all the family

Meh

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
Someone beat you too the crack comment eh Cantus.You must be unhappy about that smilebetter luck next time smiledo-dee-doo!------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Why on earth is everyone so fixated with crack?Kat. I don't make jokes about crack. It's a touchy subject with me as it recently nearly consumed one of my friends. I don't find all this humour surrounding very funny I'm afraid.NYC makes jokes about it. Fair play to him. If that's what he thinks is funny. But i really don't understand why everyone is suddenly banging on about it.And I certainly dont get why Satanatwo suddenly appeared in the middle of nowhere and started whittering about crack pipes. It wasn't relevent in the slightest.*is supremely baffled*------------------C@ntus

Meh

693 posts

Posted:
I totally agree with you Cantus, I personally have never had or tryed crack, I am not sure if it exists here, I mean I am sure it does, but in a different form. I find it a little annoying that it is the topic of paying someone out if they say something odd. And I appologise if I offended you. I know drugs can be touchy subject at times. Espeically when they hit close to home.Humble appologies smile------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
And I extend my apologies to you my lady. I'm sorry i snapped.*goes off to see if he can get ICQ working again*

Meh

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Cantus - Nice grinSpeaking of puns, Flash, look out, I've been known to hold a torch for talented fire twirlers wink

693 posts

Posted:
Hey Bendy Boi,You better get in line and take a ticket. Flash has got many a male after her. Dunno..if you can't do doubles I don't think you've got a chance sorry buddy smileTinky-Wniky-Slinky------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
Oi, Flash is mine. Get your own. Me and she have a special relationship. I diss poi and she tells me what's gonna happen in Neighbours....------------------C@ntus

Meh

CantusSILVER Member
Tantamount to fatuity
15,966 posts

Posted:
And anyway she's not here til this evening. tongue

Meh

693 posts

Posted:
Oh I seewell then I just can't compete with that I am afraid.Then again I live in the same country as her and we are going to see her in December So are you Jelous now are ya! huh huh!and well Flash is my friend ok so nerrr*stupid, girly, school girl crap, with a big ner-nee-nerr-ner-ner-na* tongue------------------ ~*~ Katinca ~*~

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
Hope you two didn't miss my holding a torch pun rolleyesWell I think you might be proud of me Cantus - picked up some STAFF this weekend so that I might learn some STUFFAs much as I would like to CAPITALISE on my original pun, this LAST one (WITH capitalistion) is exactly that.--ooh multilevel pun, returning to thread topic - quite proud of myself! tongue

Page: