Forums > Help! > pain..pain...mega pain!

Login/Join to Participate

poikidBRONZE Member
68 posts

Posted:
ok i've been practicing alot of wraps lately. i've gotten about 5 of them down really well but theres a problem. my arms, are killing me, and my legs. any tips on how to make these darn wraps less painful? its not the poi hitting it, its the strings *rubs arms*, i swear they're gonna rip through the flesh soon. i already searched around the forums but it was like finding a needle in a haystack, there were thousands of them. any tips? heeelp!

the kid

In order to achieve what most people cant, you must do what most people wont

firetwirl_netmember
10 posts

Posted:
not sure

what do u use when u practice

maby try diferent types of poi

experiment

i have never herd this bfor

cya
michael

To love fire is to be fire

Shivian member
31 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by the kid:
...its not the poi hitting it, its the strings *rubs arms*, i swear they're gonna rip through the flesh soon...
are your poi strings rubbing against you when your praticing? is this what's causing the irritation?

But I don't want to go among mad people, Alice remarked.
Oh, you can't help that, said the Cheshire Cat: we're all mad here.

--Alice in Wonderland

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
i had this problem, its like the chords on your poi are sawing through your arm *ouch*

2 solutions, wear something with long sleeves, make some sock poi. hope this helped

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
yo,

I agree witht the lowlander above, but also. It happens, I was so into wraps for a while i had to stop, cos of the brusises and stuff.

maybe try not pulling the cord when its wrapped, especially of you go in right they should just recoil without any help, or even just a little flick of the limb.

T

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

poikidBRONZE Member
68 posts

Posted:
alrighties thanks for the tips ^.^ it'll definitally help. oh i only have one pair of poi at the moment so i cant switch them around much. and also unfortunately my mom doesnt have any more stuff for me to make more *sniff* lol oh well. and as for your post frost... i dont always spin fast. only when i have a trick completely down , thats when i go fast. not for learning. lol if i was trying to go fast on these wraps i wouldnt have any arms left

In order to achieve what most people cant, you must do what most people wont

MillenniuMPLATINUM Member
Hyperloops suck
595 posts

Posted:
If you're using nylon chords, stop Get some old shoestrings and learn wraps with those if you have only materials from home, or get some ballchain from the HOP store.

Shivian member
31 posts

Posted:
or go to a local general store and get some chain cut, it's much cheaper then having it shipped cross country or cross PLANET!

But I don't want to go among mad people, Alice remarked.
Oh, you can't help that, said the Cheshire Cat: we're all mad here.

--Alice in Wonderland

DentrassiGOLD Member
ZORT!
3,045 posts

Posted:
use some chain instread of string/cord. its wider and so the pressure on your arm is distributed across a wider area rather that focussed on a small patch of skin.

for me the best wrap chain cant be found in a harward - i used kind of s-loop chain used commonly on dog leads.

good luck!

"Here kitty kitty...." - Schroedinger.

GrayforthBRONZE Member
42 posts

Posted:
I agree with Mellennium, ball-chain and shoestrings. nylon cords = rope burns. I am still learning wraps, but ball-chain has worked for me so far.

In this world of tears, you need a sense of humor.