Forums > Help! > Fire Mentor in Los Angeles?

Login/Join to Participate

chloe_sparklemember
2 posts

Posted:
Hello there!
I've been swinging poi for about a year now. I'm looking for, I guess, a fire mentor of sorts to coach me with more complex moves and teach me fire eating. Does anyone know of any schools or individuals in the Los Angeles, California area I can go to?

-Chloe Sparkle

FlyntSILVER Member
Intrepid Penguin
5,635 posts

Posted:
hiya Chloe!

you could try checking in the meet otters section, for someone who lives near your area!?
most people here are happy to meet up and have a spin!

Currently on the right side up of the world.

Maximusmember
250 posts

Posted:
I teach north of Los Angeles. Within L.A., there are several good teachers I'd recommend: Tedward, Sid, and Sinthia. I can help you hook up with them.
A good way to start would be to go to FireplayLA. That's the informal weekly get together of firedancers. It takes place at
Pan Pacific Park
7600 Beverly Blvd
Los Angeles, CA
90036-2721, USA
Every wednesday, after dark, at the baseball diamond closest to the parking lot. Look around and see who you'd like to train with. I plan to be there tomorrow, but you can never go wrong talking to Tedward. He's an expert on eating fire. (I'm not.)

Maximus

chloe_sparklemember
2 posts

Posted:
Thanks Maximus!
That's fantastic! I'm going to try to go on 11/20. Hope to see you there!

-Chloe Sparkle