Forums > Social Chat > copying clips from poi lessons

Login/Join to Participate

tonemanmember
195 posts

Posted:
hello all! i've been spinning now for a few months and reading the BB here just as long. i was hoping that someone could possibly help me with a technical issue... i don't have internet at home, so i was hoping to copy some of the moves to disk so i could actually learn from them where i practice. i have only figured out how to copy frames by right clicking. is there a program i could use to run the pics in sequence to get a video effect, or something similar?? i ran a search before i decided to ask, so please don't flame me! hello to all the party people !!thanks in advancetony

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
if you open the GIF file you saved off of HOP with your webbrowser (file, open, etc..), you should be able to get the animated GIF effect. Windows media player can also do it, though that may not be entirely obvious since it doesn't list GIFs as a file option to open (open the file by having it look for "all files" in the folder).Also I know ACDSee (a very good picture viewer with loads of nice features) will run animated gifs too.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

tonemanmember
195 posts

Posted:
Cool! Thanks for your help. I was able to figure out what you were talking about and downloaded a free gif viewer and was able to view. My growing poi skill thanks you!!

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
no problem, only too happy to help.

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

Janglamember
155 posts

Posted:
Once you have the GIF saved, right click it in Windows Explorer and select Open with... then select Internet Explorer and the animation will play.If you have IE6 or FtonPage 2000 there should be a button on you rtoolbar that will allow you to download the entire web site and so with it as you will.------------------[swf= width=180 height=115]https://www.geocities.com/jangla2001/jangla.swf[/swf]We are all of us in the gutter but some of us are looking up at the stars."

---------------------With a bit of luck, his life was ruined; always thinking that just behind some narrow door, in his favourite bars, men in red woolen suits are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.

KatincaSee my vest.... see my vest...
693 posts

Posted:
of course, downloading the whole website costs Malcolm money ($/bandwidth)..and since you arent going to use everything you download, its better to just download the gifs.Josh

Love and Light

~*~ Katinca ~*~

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Josh, can you pelase explain again why this costs money to Malcolm. I really feel like i am some pre-hestoric chick sometimes...Shine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Malcolm, correct me if I'm wrong smileok Cass,basically - if you put up a small website, with your local ISP you wont get charged for ppl accessing your site. However if you have a really cool big website, with dynamic stuff and movies and heaps of ppl visiting it and things like that, you have to pay for it to be hosted somewhere on the web. You also have to pay a certain fee for the amount of traffic your site gets (Traffic being ppl making file requests and file downloads). The more files you download from the site - the more traffic you are causing. Therefore it is in Malcolms interests not to download stuff you arent going to use, otherwise he pays for the downloads of the files you dont even want.and as we all get so much out of this site, I think its bad Karma to waste Malcolm's money when he provides such a cool resource.see?Josh