KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
I still don't quite understadn what glass does with his "Lynx contact footwork" thing, despite some discussion about it with another staffer this weekend. But i do have a variation (what i originally thought it was) that's kind of fun and i'm not that good at it yet but here goes:

staff leans against the inside of your thigh (lets say right) and then goes behind your left leg....you'll end up turning your left leg out so your ankle is sort of wrapping around the staff.

From there you kick out counterclockwise, and at the same time turn clockwise. in your kick you're going to wind up bringing the staff to a horizantel plane, and it will land on your foot for some form of juggling kick up to your hand. if ur good u could prolly catch it on your foot in the air and do some other random stuff, but anyhow, there goes, not too hard but it's fun.

can do in both directions jus reverse everything

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
sounds real intresting K,

found the secret (well, minero told me) to the lynx move, you gotta have your ankle above the point of ballance on the staff, then it becomes, if not easy, easier.

N

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

GlåssDIAMOND Member
The Ministry of Manipulation
2,523 posts

Posted:
Ok kyrian can you have a go at describing that in ultra slow motion so that no brainers like me can understand what your talking about.

I guenuinely am trying to work on bringing you video joy for this one soon

point of balance = middle (usually:)

any body got fishtails on their upper arm yet? I cant even find the feeling for this move. but I know its a possible.

be cool
Glass

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
ok:

set-up: (at least to learn it)
staff straight up and down in front of you.
lean staff to the right, so it lays against your right thigh (hint- right footed people might want to reverse all these things).
pick up left leg, place in front of staff.
turn your left leg so your calf is to the outside. this has the effect of having the wick (or whatever's on teh end) on the outside of your foot in front, the staff is leaning across your ankle and against the opposite thigh.

now you move:
kick your left leg around counterclockwise, you'll find ur bringing it up and so as you kick the staff it moves into a horizantel plane.
at the same time, you turn clockwise.
you are now facing the other direction with a staff centered on yor foot (at whatever height you are cool enough to catch it). any pick up or move you want is cool from here.

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
ahh kyrian cunning, I understand now
Thinks that the way i do it, the end could be a kick to a helicopter spin above head.

Drew

Mineiromember
262 posts

Posted:
got the occasional upperarm fishtail...and fishtailing both hands now(sometimes) meanss can roll all the way down one arm, fishtail, back to the other, fish tail, and back...and back, and back......etcetc.

ta tom, i think i got it.
oh and i may visit you soonhhehehehehehehe
R

brain replacement...anyone?

GlåssDIAMOND Member
2,523 posts

Posted:
Rob,
Nice Idea
I'll have a pla y in the morning
damn your sick with those upper arms fishies, I'm still not quite feeling them