Posted:
aight.....ive heard all about performers insurance, but havnt seen a damn thing
now.....where can i get it in the states
any body know the prices\regulations on it
etc etc???????

Jesus saves sinners and redeems them for cash and
prizes

Co-Founder of Keepers of Light

Educate yourself about the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
It is a hard thnig to come by for a reasonable (As in not completely and ridiculously outrageous) price, especially after that Great White club fire debacle earlier this year.

I *think* some people in Houston managed to work something out though, since they had a running gig at six flags astroworld this season. Do a search on Houston in the meet others section (under "community" at the top of this page) and find Laura McFall and email her for details.

good luck!

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
Do a search for insurance and you'll find what you're looking for. Clowns of America do insurance in the US.

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

vanizeSILVER Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,899 posts

Posted:
clowns of america changed their policy regarding fire after that night club incident earlier in the year, and basically became unreasonably priced and refused to give enough coverage to allow you to meet the new rules in most states resulting from that night club catastophie anyway. It is possible they have recently changed yet again though...

[ 03. November 2003, 23:30: Message edited by: vanize ]

-v-

Wiederstand ist Zwecklos!

spritieSILVER Member
Pooh-Bah
2,014 posts

Posted:
Clowns of America is actually what they used for that Six Flags gig Vanize mentioned, so definitely do a search on it.

musashiistarring Skippy the green llama
1,148 posts

Posted:
Dunno if it's a correct assumption, but I'd guess you could add up your policy coverage by each performer(@ .5 mil each) that has insurance to meet most regulations..

First intention, then enlightenment..
Ars Pyronomica

" Life is programmed. Whether death is programmed or not is yet to be determined."

PeleBRONZE Member
the henna lady
6,193 posts

Posted:
Please do a search for insurance, insurance providers and Clowns of the US (COTUS) here on HoP. There you will find more info than you can dream.

As for COTUS, NAFAA and many individual artists actually are the ones who worked with them. They doubled their price, it is not really known if the coverage they offer is legally acceptable here in the US and they halved their coverage. But it had *nothing* to do with the Great White fire. It had everything to do with a provider (they are a brokerage) finding out what we do and pulling their provisions. COTUS then scoured the globe looking for anyone to work with them. After the Great White fire they didn't amend anything.

Also, many of the regulations I have come across that have been enacted are for pyrotechnicians, and did not apply to open flame policies. If you are getting people stating that you have to do this or that because of this law or that one, do your research and find out under which it is applicable. Many fire dept's do not understand what it is that we do, at all, and so we get lumped unfairly with anyone else who uses fire.

Also, in fine print, many of the laws regarding insurance states that the venue must have it, or the pyrotechnicians, and that they must meet a combined minimum. Therefore, COTUS does apply heavily.

I do not agree with what COTUS is doing. I do not like dealing with them. I question much about their practices and services, but if you can not find any other option (like several of us have) then they are quite literally the only way to go.

Hmmmm...doesn't anyone on here have the desire to become an insurance broker?

Anyway, do a search please.
Thanks!

Pele
Higher, higher burning fire...making music like a choir
"Oooh look! A pub!" -exclaimed after recovering from a stupid fall
"And for the decadence of art, nothing beats a roaring fire." -TMK