Forums > Technical Discussion > Glowstick size, color, brand?

Login/Join to Participate

Legomember
3 posts

Posted:
I'm curious what all the glowstickers out there consider the optimal size glowstick for their swinging, optimal color mix and what brand?Also, anyone know a good site that delivers international orders cheap?

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Welcome to the board Lego. This question has been asked MANY times. Whenever you post a new message there is a message that asks you to first do a search and that would certainly be appreciated in this case... If you have any specific questions after browsing the previous dozens of posts (see "cyalume") please feel free to post.Good luck dude.And the moderators owe me a nickel.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Janglamember
155 posts

Posted:
I'm using 6" stix at the mo which are OK and give a nice effect ut I'm working on a design to bring together a bunch of 1.75" sticks in a close knit ball so the effect is more like fire.------------------"We are all of us in the gutter but some of us are looking up at the stars."

---------------------With a bit of luck, his life was ruined; always thinking that just behind some narrow door, in his favourite bars, men in red woolen suits are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.

N8member
336 posts

Posted:
HA! Good call NYC, personally I'd ask for more than a nickel, but very funny all the same.

Care of other people's approval and you become their prisoner.Live fully, Rave wholly.Fluid are the movements of my strings...

weaselynnBRONZE Member
3 posts

Posted:
I always use the 6" glowsticks because they work the best for the tricks that I do. Anything bigger is to heavy, and you don't get the same effect, and likewise anything smaller is to light and you're using a heck of a lot of energy to get the same effect. As for color mix, I tend to stick with green and blue, because they last the longest. Another good tip: if you take an orange and red glowstick and put them in the microwave for like 8 seconds, they will glow even brighter, and resemble fire. (of course you can do this with any colors, but the orange and red look the best. Just be careful not to keep them in there more than 10 seconds or they will melt. I know from experience.)

MiSsFrOgmember
187 posts

Posted:
the 6 inch are better grin lol___________"come with me to a land of fantasy, take my hand, down into techno wonderland."[This message has been edited by MiSsFrOg19 (edited 28 September 2001).]

Its not easy being green....

GLOWSTRINGININJAmember
13 posts

Posted:
5 minute ultra orange's, tryin to find the other color ultra's, if they exist..... could be a hoax....------------------ITS THE DJ THAT YOU LOVE, BANGIN SOUDS FROM THE CLUB, BUMPIN BASS IN YOUR TWEETER AND ITS COMIN THROUGH YOUR SPEAKER RAISIN DEMONS FROM THE DEAD SOMETHIN FOR YOU CLUBHEADZ, MIXIN MARC IN THE MIX WHAT YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS ?

ITS THE DJ THAT YOU LOVE, BANGIN SOUDS FROM THE CLUB, BUMPIN BASS IN YOUR TWEETER AND ITS COMIN THROUGH YOUR SPEAKER RAISIN DEMONS FROM THE DEAD SOMETHIN FOR YOU CLUBHEADZ, MIXIN MARC IN THE MIX WHAT YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS ?