Forums > Social Chat > "and throws off the challenge with a shrug..."

Login/Join to Participate

Acidmember
110 posts

Posted:
flash fire,I read your signature "she dances in a ring of fire and throws off the challenge with a shrug" and it's by Jim MorrisonI was wondering if that line is from one of his songs and if it is which one??thanxpeace love and poi

life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans John Lennon

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
Hi Acid,As far as I know that quote is not in any song. I actually got it from Oliver Stone's film "The Doors"I think that it could be from one of his poems but am not 100% sure.will get back to you smile------------------"she dances in a ring of fire and throws off the challenge with a shrug"

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

Acidmember
110 posts

Posted:
I also heard it in the movie and wondered what song it's from and than i remembered that someone used it as a quote in here.Ill wait for your answerthanxpeace love and poi

mikeybmember
93 posts

Posted:
So far as I can find out, it's from a poem called "All The Poems". Here's the text I found, in several places, can't find a date though.All the poems... ACT IAll the poems have wolves in them,all but one -- the most beautiful one of all. She dances in a ring of fire and throws off the challenge with a shrug."Who did you right that one for?""I wrote it for you." ACT IIAll the poems have wolves in them,all but one -- the most beautiful one of all. I hope you go out smiling like a child into the cool remnant of a dream, the angel man finally claimed his benevolent soul. Ophelia, leaves sudden and silk chlorine dream -- mad stifled witness."This is the strangest life I have ever known."

Ithacamember
45 posts

Posted:
One of my favorites verses from the man who brought us:"Male genitals are small facesforming trinities of thieves..."and"Pleaseshow us you ragged head& silted smiling eyescalm in firea silky flowered shirtedging the eyes, alivespidery, distantdial lies"can't find any more poiish refs though.....?

------------------
errrm I intend to live forever, or at least die trying.
Voltaire

Acidmember
110 posts

Posted:
mikeyb,where could i find some more poems? not lyricspeace, love and poi[This message has been edited by Acid (edited 22 September 2001).]

Acidmember
110 posts

Posted:
heySorry im a bit pushy on this topic but i really nead info on where to get words for poems by Morrison.I need to do an art project that is inspired by a poet and guess who i picked??!!anywayId be happy with a tiny cluethanxpeace love and poi

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
I recommend you get some books..."no one here gets out alive" is a goodie and you can always get his book of poetry called "American Prayer"I'd go to a search engine like dogpile.com and type "jim morrison poetry" and see what that results in...good luck smile------------------"she dances in a ring of fire and throws off the challenge with a shrug"

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.