Dazmember
47 posts

Posted:
Hi all,

If you look on a map down at the bottom (how ironic) of the UK, you might see a little stain called Exmouth. If you ever got lost and unfortunately ended up in this hole, you might see me spinning fire down on the beach. Is there any other spinners out in the Exmouth/Exeter area or is just me and the sheep and cows???

What is this life if full of care, we have no time to stand and stare.

Come alive!

joe_sixstepsmULti-torTOISe
310 posts
Location: Kent currently, Cornwall soon, New Zealand eventua...

Posted:
Well, I passed your way recently, and stopped to watch squirrels hiding nuts in the grass, but I'm based in Kent for a little bit at any rate. If you're thinking of coming up this way for the london meet on the 1st Nov (see London PIP thread), I can offer you a place to stay for the night. Apart from that, can't really help you I'm afraid. There nearest regular meet I know of is down in Penzance, which I guess is a bit far. Sorry!

The Confusion Squid has many tentacles

Sir_Sheepold hand
725 posts

Posted:
Sheep appreciate the show. Trust me

Spoiling Christmas for small children since 2003.

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
hey im from near sidmouth so no that far from exmouth, so you are not alone, i dont know of many other people in the area though, apart from my friends that i have got into spinning.

Me train running low on soul coal
They push+pull tactics are driving me loco
They shouldn't do that no no no

mrFlibbleSILVER Member
Ghostbuster
455 posts

Posted:
i used to go to exeter uni
but i live in yorkshire

I did get one of my friends who lives in exeter into poi - got him from total beginner to doing 3bt weave in under an hour which i think is pretty good (dunno whether he still does poi)

ecofairymember
23 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by oli:
hey im from near sidmouth so no that far from exmouth, so you are not alone, i dont know of many other people in the area though, apart from my friends that i have got into spinning.
Ohh did you spin at Sidmoth festival(this year)at all? Can you let me know if you Im trying to get in touch with some of the people I met there. But I havn't been too succesfull so far.
xxelle

The earth isn't dying its being murdered and the people killing it have names and addresses!

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
no i didnt go i was in a different country otherwise i probably would have done, i know a guy who was spinning devilstick there though, if that helps

ecofairymember
23 posts

Posted:
I dont think i saw any devilstick's. Ohh well,
(did you go somewhere nice?).
I pass though Exmouth quite a bit cause me familly live in Cornwall and bloody trains never go straight there :S:S
xxelle:)

The earth isn't dying its being murdered and the people killing it have names and addresses!

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
I have some juggler friends in Exeter - they don't post on HOP though so I'll send your details on to them.

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by ecofairy:
I dont think i saw any devilstick's. Ohh well,
(did you go somewhere nice?).
I pass though Exmouth quite a bit cause me familly live in Cornwall and bloody trains never go straight there :S:S
xxelle:)

i spoke to the devil stick guy(russel) and he knows of some poi spinners that were at sidmouth, i could try and find out more if you want?
yea i was somewhere nice thanks

BethMiss Whippy
1,262 posts

Posted:
Nope youre not the only one in devon, theres quite a few people about...

Im from cornwall! Go up to exeter sometimes to shop so it's easy to get to for me. Let me know when you have any meets planned and ill see if i can wander up that way.

Aim high and you'll know your limits, aim low and you'll never know how high you could have climbed.

ecofairymember
23 posts

Posted:
ohh
Umm, if he knows the 3 stuwards(and their friends)who were spinning there can you ask him to give them a huge hug and hello from Elle,
xXxXxXxXx

ecofairymember
23 posts

Posted:
ohh
Umm, if he knows the 3 stuwards(and their friends)who were spinning there can you ask him to give them a huge hug and hello from Elle,
xXxXxXxXx

ecofairymember
23 posts

Posted:
I did that twice :S
opps,

BirdGOLD Member
now available in "advanced"
6,086 posts

Posted:
Go on! Admit it!

You just want your number of posts up to get a photo account don't ya ecofairy!

Where abouts in Cornwall are your folks??

When are you next down this way?

My state of mind is not yours to define!

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

ecofairymember
23 posts

Posted:

How many posts do i need for a photo doh dahh?? .
Urm next in Cornwall *think* whenever I next have a holiday and feel guilty for not seeing the people who sometimes give me 1 birthday card a year (for which im greatfull and I wouldn't want more then 1 birthday card a year(that would be silly) but their ****ing rich and im ****ing not) ,
aaaanywayyyyy that may well be an extremely long time, so I guess whenever (I have enough train money or a friend who want to drive me . Lemme know if there is something in the way of fire happening.
Much love
exxxx

[Nx?]BRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,749 posts

Posted:
about 5 months too late im afraid, I used to live in totnes, and i got relatives in exmouth, but thease days im resident in the north of scotland.

I will be back there occasionally tho, and imm give you a shout when I am.

Take care,

Tom

This is a post by tom, all spelling is deleberate
-><- Kallisti

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
I'll be staying in Lyme Regis for a couple of weeks over chrimbo this year. I've got no transport other than the 2 hourly bus service, but feel free to visit

oliSILVER Member
not with cactus
2,052 posts

Posted:
how dose christmass eve on the cobb sound
apart from cold?

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
wet, slippery and suicidal

lets do it!

spitfirepoinewbie
20 posts

Posted:
i'm down here in exmouth, see the exeter fire meet post for an exmouth meet.