Page:
_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Because our scene is deeply linked with enviromental ideas and because we share the same values concerning our planet and our lives, come and chill out in Kingston for the 16th edition of the Kingston Green Fair in Canbury Gardens, Kingston Upon Thames, London.
Kingstongreenfair.org.uk
11am until 8pm
Bank Holiday Monday 26th May 2003
£5 adults, £3 concessions, £2 children, £10 families

>~Small World Stage~
Pony's Small World Stage is the festival scene's favourite at the moment, featuring the very best in live ambient music.

Kangaroo Moon - trancy, richly melodic and dancey, listeners experience a sound which unites the body and soul in deep, joyful psychedelia and elemental dance.
Space Goats - songs and bardic tales played on traditional instruments, acoustic ambient trance, through to Pixie punk and electric folk with sharp lyrics.
Semble - a trio with influences from World and Folk music.
Passion Dance - a virtuoso acoustic and synthesiser guitar duo.
Abie and Martin - Classy double act on the contemporary music scene.

>~World Music Stage~
Takes in groups and influences from around the globe, with DJ Daniel playing World Beats in between acts.

Soname Yangchen - a powerful haunting Tibetan voice that explodes with passion, anguish and joy.
Rainbow Nation - a song based band mixing pop, funk, global and ambient influences.
Earth Song - drum rhythms and non-traditional didjeridoo, from ambient and atmospheric through to pulsed acid-grooves.
Earthbeat Kids - a youth didjeridoo band who share Earthsong's vision.
Tarantism - a blend of ska, punk, reggae, folk & dance music.
Solar Rhythm - high energy 7 piece funk and dance outfit.

>~Green Stage~
Based in the fabulous Tadpole marquee technical wizards Coltech bring the finest in renewable DIY sound equipment for benefit of our ears.

Jambience - an earthy and exciting trio of guitar, percussion, and didjeridoo.
Schmoof - a duet of retro experimental electroclash.
Applehead - from Brixton, a new dancy technorock band with an edge.
The Intelligence Men - a four-piece band with depth, melody, powerful vocals and strong catchy grooves.
Rosy Wilbe - a powerful female singer song writer.
Kush - a hard hitting local Mod band (remember the Small Faces).
Red Chimp

>~Mandala Peace Dome~
This stage provides an impromptu platform for performers to drop-by and play something exciting.

>~Pyramids of Snafu ~
- space rock featuring Terry Ollis (formerly of Hawkwind).
Others TBA during the day.

>~Sacred Dance Sacred Body~
This peaceful ambient area will be running hourly performances throughout the afternoon. All performances will include some time for audience participation at the end to learn the skills of the performers. The stage will be hosted again by Nikki Williams who is both a healer and a performer. As it is a sacred space, we ask you to honour the "no smoking / no shoes" code.

Opening Welcome (12pm) - Meditation for World Peace with Gongs lead by Nikki Williams & Earthsound.
Partner Yoga Demonstration (1pm) lead by Chandra & Petra Thagunna.
Tai Chi Demonstration (1pm) outside the healing area and Sacred Dance stage.
Katak Dance (2pm) performed by Quincy Charles.
Belly Dancing (3pm) lead by Joice Pereira from Brazil.
Capoera (4pm) performed by 491 Tao Warriors.
Devotional Music (5pm) lead by RAVI & Friends
Closing Ceremony (6pm) - Sound Healing Journey lead by Nikki Williams & Earthsound.

>~Speakers Forum~
In the current global upheavals, the Speakers Forum is essential in the facilitating dialogue between disparate groups.

Independent Media (1-2pm). A talk about DIY news journalism by Dave of Indy Media UK.
Red/Green Politics (2-3pm). A talk by Derek Wall, well respected former Green Party speaker.
Middle East - The Future (3-5pm). A discussion lead by Jill Kaffah of the Palestine Solidarity Campaign, and from Iraq Raid El Taher of Friends Across Frontiers.

~Other Attractions~
Rhythms of Resistance - one of the UK's finest Afro Bloc / Samba bands - will be on walk about, drumming to the spirit of peaceful demonstration.
Professor Kayoss will be touring on his wacky bicycle-powered contraptions.
Rinky Dink's famous mobile bicycle-powered sound system will be generating the grooves on the move.
The Healing Area will be offering a range of complementary therapies given by local practitioners from the Kingston Natural Healing Centre.
The Arts & Crafts Tent will be running workshops on the hour for half an hour: Stenciling, Stamping bags, Paper flowers, Father's day cards, Parade paraphernalia, Juggling balls, and Pompoms.
The Carnival Procession starts at 6pm from the Arts & Crafts Tent, lead by Rhythms of Resistance. Also lookout for the Green Dragon...Kingstongreenfair.org.uk

* Thanks to Moonquake on the Psy-forum for the info..* don't you just love copy and paste?

I honour you as an aspect of myself..

You are never to old to storm a bouncey castle..

sunbeamSILVER Member
old hand
1,032 posts

Posted:
hooray! see you there

"I don't take drugs. I am drugs" - Salvador Dali

sunny

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
I think the entrance money mostly pays for all the health and safety stuff... I don't think Kingston council is overly thrilled by the green fair (it was cancelled year before last)and there can't be openings for complaint.

Although admittedly i'd have used the playground loophole too if I wasn't getting in as a helper this year

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Ah, Kingston Green Fair! I know you'll all have a lovely time! And the Small World Stage is always a great place to chill and boogie. So you all have a bit of a boogie for me

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Well, I shall definately be there, with some (if not all) of the G'ford lot.
Not sure how I'm getting there, or more to the point, how to get back...
Bus is the easiest from where I am but it's a pesky Sunday service and trains are a nightmare.
The joys of driving around Kingston (not to mention parking) have already been adequately discussed.
Hmmmmmm

Still, see you all there!

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi
Slacker of enormous magnitude

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
i've managed to get there twice from guildford in the past. The trains arn't *that* bad. It's also a lot quicker to take a train to surbiton and get buses, instead of going to waterloo and a train back out

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
i shall be going as well...and draggin simian and jez (and maybe bovril) and hopefully abi with me..
see you all then everybody!

simian110% MONKEY EVERY TIME ALL THE TIME JUST CANT STOP THE MONKEY
3,149 posts

Posted:
i'll try to make it, but i only finish work at 4. The Jezster is grumbling about having no money, but i'll see if i can drag him down anyway. abi's re-enacting medieval stuff in Bexley.

"Switching between different kinds of chuu chuu sometimes gives this "urgh wtf?" effect because it's giving people the phi phenomenon."

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
What time are people getting there? Are people going for the whole day (11 - 8.30)?

Is anything happening afterwards that would neccesitate (sp?) not driving?

Who first discovered you could drink cow's milk and how?

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

flidBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,136 posts

Posted:
alas I got woken up by my noisy hosemates early, then after spending 2 hours laying awake wishing i was asleep and wondering why i ever signed a contract with people who always go to bed at 11pm and get up at 7am, I fell asleep aand only just woke up. So no real use in paying 17 quid to get there for 3 hours now.

cows milk? dunno, some messed up european weirdo about 10,000 years ago if memory serves

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
SIMIAN YOU LAZY BASTARD!

I have now just twatted simian for getting to his house and then he says..

"hum hum blurge wee wee ping pong pung. im not going cos im a really lazy goit."

so im not going either now...very pissed off with simian but then again he is doing my hair free of money cos im not really making any sense now so i will stop typing this random bollocks and goto somewhere very happy and nice and fluffy and stuff.

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
I got mushroomed..

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
Yes, we know - bouncing off the walls like a pygmy hippo on beans. Possibly

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Sorry..

DurbsBRONZE Member
Classically British
5,689 posts

Posted:
No need to apologise dearest - you seemed to be having a whale of a time

Glass - Sorry, I seemed totally unable to CJ yesterday and was nowhere near the right state of mind for any of the liquid stuff... Sometime, soon though - promise!

Burner of Toast
Spinner of poi

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
What a beautiful, beautiful day. Thanks for telling us about it Nikistix

**LOST**
One mind, slightly used, some damage. Last seen wandering aimlessly at Kingston Green Fair.

If you find it, please return it to me asap. Its not worth much, but I have had it for years now and would like to hold on to it.

Thanks

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

DsAdsPoi? Never!
316 posts

Posted:
I'll keep an eye out for it Kat!

How do i recognise it again?

Is that magnets!?

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
same again next year then..

I've seen Kinston green grow for just few tents up by the pub to the wonderful sight that beheld us yesterday - lettuce just hope it doesn't sell out and end up with loads of crap cheesy ravers ( no offence to cheesy ravers- but it would be nice to keep it 'green')

did anyone help them selves to a kid at the kidie pickup zone? Aparently they wre giving them away free.. maybe your mind got chaparoned there?

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Well Adam,last time I looked there were lots of mushrooms sprouting from it!

Misstix, I checked the lost kiddy zone. It was not there. I wanted to take a kid home with me as a souvenir since they were giving them away but there did not seem to be any that looked like they could reach the clothesline to hang my washing or make my lunch so I decided not to trade Kota in just yet.

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:

woodymember
99 posts

Posted:
Excellent :-) I knew I booked sunshine. Didn't even go near the Kindston oneway system.

https://wood2.woodyland.org/pics/festivals/2003/kingston_green_fair-20030526/page.html

Polythene: Must have missed you dude! Went looking for facepainting, but find you. Put it down to being wrecked :-)

Great to see everyone else, hope you all had a wicked day, it was exactly what the doctor ordered for recovering from the last few days :-)

mmmm cows milk... can't get it like you used to. Gold top is the only milk that comes close. Right I'm off to buy some so I can have breakfast.

Luv and Lemons.WoodyMrs Jaypher said, 'It's saferIf you've lemons in your head;First to eat, a pound of meat,And then to go at once to bed.

DsAdsPoi? Never!
316 posts

Posted:
Woody, was wicked to actually get to have a bit of a chat to you at the fair, after having seen you round so often!

Till next time

Adam.

Is that magnets!?

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Still have not met the elusive Woody! And you were prolly right beside us! Ah me, thats what I get for being a lazy sun worshipper!

- W B Yeats

_Stix_Pooh-Bah
2,419 posts

Posted:
Woody -

Photo 1) I always pull funny faces when camera's are pointed at me - must be something I enherited from my mum.. least Ive not got my finger up my nose..

Photo 2) I see you got 'my good side'

woodymember
99 posts

Posted:
Was good to see you all. Sorry for being in such a vacant state from the effects of the past few days, was more adapt to vegging in the sun. But excatly what was required :-)
Good to meet you all

Kat: yep missed saying hi aswell, but next time then. I'm asy to spot, but my memory for names and faces is rubbish, particually the names bit....

Luv and Lemons.WoodyMrs Jaypher said, 'It's saferIf you've lemons in your head;First to eat, a pound of meat,And then to go at once to bed.

polytheneveteran
1,359 posts

Posted:
bah. didn't get to meet anybody! The stall i was on was pretty small, and miles from the big field...

It was a bea-u-ti-ful day though. I didn't see any of the stilt-monsters from last year, but the blacksmith's display was pretty cool. ( i really want some powertools)

Liked the photos, Woody.

The optimist claims that we are living in the best of all possible worlds.
The pessimist fears this is true.

Always make time to play in the snow.

Page: