FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Ive done a search on this forum and found only one mention of Maroubra ... I emailed that person and no response.

I remember hearing and also have heard on the grapevine that there are some twirlers that meet down maroubra beach?

If anyone knows anything about this, can they please send me an email at frenzie@idiot.com.au

- Industrial design knows of no article more useful than the milk crate -

PukSILVER Member
Sweet talented nutter
2,615 posts

Posted:
I don't know Sydney that well . I live at bondi if you want to meet up (im only a newbie) (just drop me a email).
But there's fwirlers meet up at Glebe on Thursday's night (late!). You can get there by the tram . Just get of the at the Bicentennial Park cross the tracks and keep walking along the path and you miss them . I have only been there once and every bodie shows up after 9:30 .

Just a couple of rules mostly common sense sort stuff and you be right.

Anyperson can acheive anything if they don't have fear in their heart!.

that shrewd and knavish sprite

Called Robin Good Fellow ; are you not he that is frighten of the maidens of the villagery - fairy

I am the merry wander of the night -puk

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
hehe, i have been to glebe a few times quite a while ago. Used to also hold the twirls in the park in newtown, but ive moved outta the inner west now ...

im looking for people in the eastern suburbs now!

caniffisSILVER Member
60 posts

Posted:
lived in Coogee until august and went down to maroubra a few time on the same romour that you heard but knowone was there. best bet is to try one of the univercities or the end of glebe point road on a thursday.

What you don't know won't hurt you? well i intend to get to know as much as possible so that i can make sure no one else has to so they carn't get hurt.

flash fireBRONZE Member
Sporadically Prodigal
2,758 posts

Posted:
lol... was wondering how you were gonna handle that one Frenzie I was gonna tell him that he was speaking to one of the best female poi twirlers in Sydney and a co-founder of what was once the most popular weekly gatherings, but wanted to see what you would do first.

anyway.... I'm thinking of checking Glebe out one thursday very soon. Lemmeknow if you up for it and we'll do what we do best... no - not the "let's crash a Swarm party"! the other best

HoP Posting Guidelines
Is it the Truth?
Is it Fair to all concerned?
Will it build Goodwill and Better Friendships?
Will it be Beneficial to all concerned?
If you can answer YES to these 4 questions then you may post a reply.

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
mwhahahaha
but you know how much i love crashing swarm parties!

hehe

yeah i was meant to go to glebe last week, but alas i was called out drinking at the last minute after a day of shopping .. tragic really

Karl told me there were still twirlers round maroubra and said he'd call them for me, but in my slackarsedness i havent called him back to find out.

For anyone else interested when i find out ill let you know!

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
Oh and for anyone else that doesnt read the posts above ...i know that there is a night on in glebe, ive been there its great, but its not in maroubra ....

AdeSILVER Member
Are we there yet?
1,897 posts

Posted:
Frenzie - Monday nights during session Circusoc meet on the Library lawn of the UNSW campus. The last meet up on campus was last night probably (I think there was a recent circusoc member on this board?), they have been known to go donw to Coogee beach on mondays out of session. (BTW - session begins next year again in Febrary).

Doesn't help now - but keep it in mind for next year.

FrenzieBRONZE Member
515 posts

Posted:
hey Ade,

Yeah i knew about circusoc, but as you say, end of session and so it was over..

Think my flatmates and i will end up just going down there with some sticks and some drums and see who comes!

Fortunate to live with 2 other twirlers!