.:* Moon Pixie *:.Carpal \'Tunnel
3,492 posts

Posted:
The next one is the day after my birthday! YAY
Friday 23rd August

That one will be the last of the winter warm fuzzies by the fire coz after that we head back over to the other spot (lower Moora Park) for the Spring Moon Fest (((Saturday 21st August))) should be a good one!

The Spring Moon Fest this year with be the first of a series of 8 "Rainbow Moon Fests" Spring being the full rainbow (all the colours together) and then the next 7 moons will be a moonfest for each colour individually.... 'cause each colour holds so much meaning....

It's all fancy dress, so start collecting your costumes now!!!

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
I'd love to actually get to a Moonfest and have a twirl this time ... its been years since I was even near one... and even then not twirlin and stuff, just gandering.

Although I'll be in NZ on the 23rd of this month! hmmmms... I'm reckoning the spring one for sure... and it'll be at the good ol' spot too which is lurvly.

Catchyas then, then

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

3,492 posts

Posted:
YAY!

Will be loverly to have a play with fire at moonfest with you!

The Spring one's going to be all rainbowy!

And it's fancy dress for all those who are game!

*:...one day all the fairy fridges will be aligned and my pixie world will be complete...:*

3,492 posts

Posted:
Hello loverlies!

This is the monthly moon letter I send out for Moon Fest.... Sorry if I double up with what is already said...

Dear Moon Friends,

What a gorgeous night that was! So many lovely twirlers up playing fire…. and what an awesome groove with the drumming circle this month! The beautiful luminous moon watching over us as we received the drumming wave from the east and passed it on to the west… What an amazing moment that was!
Thanks to SO many people for all your lovely help and support! Thanks to Jon for chopping all that wood! (No chopped toes this month) Yay! And Sam for carrying it all down the hill, you guys are legends! Thanks to Sam and Jen for helping me make that beautiful tepee... I think we did a lovely job! I left it standing afterwards but some parks worker probably shifted it away… And thanks SO much Megan for carting my stuff to your car and driving me up the hill! And Jez for helping with the clean up and stuff! And whoever the lovely lighter fairy was who lighted all the candles on the mound... And thanks heaps to Heather and Taku for their wonderful Nori Rolls! Yummmm!!! And thanks to the gorgeous weather for being beautiful and the moon being so bright and luminous... HHhhhhhmmmmmm Warm fuzziness!
Just a little downer to the night though… At the end of the night I discovered that my drum wasn't around any more. So if anyone sees my beautiful precious rainbow drum anywhere.... please let me know.... Coz I love it muchly and I'm very sad without it. I'm hoping that it's just gone on a little holiday and will be back with me soon.... Perhaps some helpful soul took it home to look after it thinking someone had left it behind or someone mixed it up with their own or something… I can only hope….
Next Moon Fest is the last of the warm fuzzies by the beacon…. Friday 23rd August (the day after my birthday yippeeeee!!!) Being a Friday night (and the last for winter) it should be a good one, so bring all your usual moonfest toys and festive spirit for a night full of fun and merriment!
Spring Moon Fest (back at Lower Moora Park) is on Saturday 21st September…. This will be the first of the rainbow moonfest series, with all the colours together, a magnificent garden of fun & moon festive goodness!
October 21st will be the RED Moon Fest followed by ORANGE 20th November…. Friday 20th December will be Yellow (a lovely one for summer!) and continuing on through the rainbow for the following Moons. (More dates and info later)
Anyone who would like to contribute to moonfest in anyway I’d love to hear from you… Ideas for performances, workshops, interactive activities, art installations etc etc… anything you can think of is very much welcome and appreciated… Love to hear your ideas.
I’ve got a few ideas of my own that I’d love to tell you about, but don’t want to spoil the surprise, so, all I’ll say is… You’re in for a treat! Fun fun!!! But I might need some helpers to make some of these things happen so if you’d like to help out with some mystery jobs (keehehehe) let me know… (I’ll let you in on the secret surprises if you want to help out…. hehehe)

Well I’ll leave you on that very exiting note
Start collecting all those rainbow goodies now
Love you all
Elke

3,492 posts

Posted:
If anyone need to organize car pools to MoonFest, feel free to do that here....

Remember that MoonFest is very acessable by train... Shorncliffe train from city (central station) is usually on platform 6 .....from Roma ST station it's usually on platform 9 and the Valley (Brunswick St Station) it's usually platform 4.... leaving arround the 20mins past or 10mins to the hour (I'd check that ) and then from Shorncliffe train station it's only about a 10 minute walk from there....

Through Huchenson Park... up Pier Ave..... When you hit Park Parade, cross the road and go down the hill to the beach....You should see a big wooden jetty.... For this MoonFest (last of the winter ones by the fire) turn left from the jetty but for next month, (Spring MoonFest) turn right from the jetty.... then look for fire and listen for drums!

arsnHow do you change this thing???
1,903 posts

Posted:
Sigh... I have good news and I have bad news... bad news is, I don't think I'll be there on the 23rd... however I'll be back there for the 1st spring moonfest... YAY!!!

-----------------
Hey??? Where's Goku???

I can't hear you... I have a banana in my ear.

"You mean I'll have to use my brain?... but I use staff!!!" ~ ben-ja-men

s-p-l-a-tmember
383 posts

Posted:
rarrrrr!!!! As will myself and my animated flying igloos. And much fun will be had by all.

yeeehar!

The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.- B.B.King

3,492 posts

Posted:
Well that's great to here that you guys will be at the Spring MoonFest! It should be a great one! The Spring one is always a lovely one! And being a Saturday night it should be a good crowd too

YAY I can't wait!

And It's only one more sleep 'till my birthday YAY!

.:* does a little exited dance on her tip toes!*:.

gooblemember
71 posts

Posted:
BIG BIG Hippo Birdy to you
I and we luv you, kick it in!
We'll be there to give it to ya!!!

Get ready to spring it on!

3,492 posts

Posted:
Anyone free for some wood chopping this arvo?

becBRONZE Member
521 posts

Posted:
..won't the wood be a bit soggy for choppin'...? well more for burning I mean...?

but at least the clouds have given us a little break to celebrate the full moon tonight - and no dry grass to worry about this time...*

I really don't think it's going to be that cold anyway... the jasmine's out so it's Spring already really...

**Elke's birthday moon fest la la la la la...** (I was singing)

3,492 posts

Posted:
Yes... but it's the last of the warm fuzzies by the fire! So we need a fire! well kinda

Anyone who's up for some wood chopping or moonfest setting up, I have watermellon juice, chai & Samosas (on the way) for all the helpers!

Yippeee!

I'm in such an awesome fun mood!

.:* flitters off singing.... "it's going to be a bright....bright.... sunshining dayyyyyy!!!"*:.

3,492 posts

Posted:
Well the beacon was full of water from the rain so no fire

But it was such a lovely night all the same!

The beautiful people of brisdjembe pooled there money together to buy me a new rainbow drum to replace the one I lost last moonfest, for my birthday!

It's SO SO lovely I can't thank you all ennough for this amazing warm fuzziness that's buzzing through me from the very tips of my dreadies to the tips of my toes!

Love you all gorgeous people!