Forums > Events, Performances and Gatherings > London - Summer Spinnin' - Now Every Sunday!

Login/Join to Participate
Page: ...
DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Summer Spinnin'
Sunday chillin and spinnin in the sunshine
Every Sunday
Clapham Common

4pm until afterdark
Contact number for Dom: 07971 698454

After the beautiful success of PiP5 we're delighted to help keep the energy flowing through into the future. With regular events we hope more people can benefit from gatherings of kindred spirits. PiP has returned home to the North where they spin come rain or snow or shine! So, please welcome - Summer Spinnin'

If your can please bring your friends for chatting, toys for playing, blankets for sitting, cakes for eating, something for music & beats, and fire! These days are what you make of them, so bring what you expect to find.

Where exactly? Just a few paces west of the bandstand at the centre of the common is a lovely area where curvy ground, trees and bushes will shelter you from the rest of the world while letting you have enough room to play. Here's a map. Nearest tube is Clapham Common, and Clapham Junction train station is only a short stroll away.

Why Clapham Common? Because lots of people live nearby Also it's near central London, is very easy to get to, isn't too big to get lost in, has a lovely area for us, and it isn't a proper park, so the rules are not so strict.

Wasn't this every fortnight? Yes, it was, but this is proving popular and I'm hoping that as a weekly event people who were busy on the previous dates will be able to attend. This is also now the only organised, late night fire spinning session in London.

Why Sunday? Because on Saturday people tend to be busier. What's better than finishing a weekend off by relaxing in the park!

For more information email myself or Glass, depending upon whether you prefer blondes or brunnettes

There are also plans and ideas for a larger event of the summer, but you'll have to wait to see what becomes of that.

Sunshine and smiles to all
Dom

---------
Summer spinnin' had me a blast.
Summer spinnin' happened so fast.
Summer days spinnin' away to those summer nights....

[ 06 August 2002, 03:49: Message edited by: Dom ]

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
Glad that you both enjoyed the joke and was generous enough to share your skill back with him.

However I was not in any form or way taking a swipe at you, you seem to think I was (first the angry caps and now 'so there'?) As you said, I don't think we have met, and I am not going to pre-judge you. I like to think most of HOP would not do something like that, however I just wanted to share my personal experience with you.

Sorry if it was unwelcome, but I was not personally insulting you, so please do not take it so.

No hard feelings? ~ Kat

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

THE UNITED CHAINS OF FIREmember
192 posts

Posted:
it wasnt you i was a bit fucked off with...it was poi_some_2some

so there were no hard feelings in the first place

hugs and kisses!!!!!!

I don't dance. I move to music - Some dumb schmuck, Blue Peter 16/9/02-------------------This morning, I sat on the TV and I watched the Sofa

DarkFairyQueenmember
557 posts

Posted:
Never mind UCOF Mistress Kat. He is but a wee nutter of Almondville with a honeybee in his demencia-ridden bonnet Never take offence, he's just annoyed this week because I've only let him out of his box once.

Honestly, these kids. They wanna go out everynight!

xxx

So where's this poi_blah dude anyways?...

Az abouve, So below...

THE UNITED CHAINS OF FIREmember
192 posts

Posted:
I love fire,
As do you,
Unless your name is Bernard,
In which case you are a character in Blackadder,
And so are not even real,
And so your opinion never meant anything anyway

[ 05 September 2002, 04:55: Message edited by: THE UNITED CHAINS OF FIRE ]

I don't dance. I move to music - Some dumb schmuck, Blue Peter 16/9/02-------------------This morning, I sat on the TV and I watched the Sofa

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:

Glad no HOP slanging match is going to get started. Even though evil me loves following chatroom scraps, the only 'virtual fighter' I like is when no-ones feelings get hurt. So glad there are and were no hard feelings.

Thanks for filling me in on how UCF is. I will carry a box painted in stars like Father Jacks to bring along to the next poi meet in case UCF starts calling me Bernard.

Come faeries, take me out of this dull world, for I would ride with you upon the wind and dance upon the mountains like a flame.

- W B Yeats

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
Bump! Summer, as it is, is still going! So spinning outside is still fun! Although I keep missing these Sunday Spinnin things I hear they're still going.

So see you all there!

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
How are you going to see everyone there if you keep missing them?
Do you have a telescope? Or video cameras rigged up in the trees?

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Pink...?BRONZE Member
Mistress of Pink...Multicoloured
6,140 posts

Posted:
Yeah sorry i wasnt there on Sunday... i couldnt get up off the sofa!...long story..
So who actually turned up on Sunday?
Alice

Never pick up a duck in a dungeon...

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
I believe this is still going And Sunday weather looks good!

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
Everyone....i Have great news on the state of my collection of jackets...it has expanded...and you shall she either my lurvely purple smoking jacket...or...my carpet jacket...not joking...it was actually a carpet..yes..A CARPET..its got a lovely shag pile and is yellow...which reminds me of my other jacket wich i have obtained...yellow silk...oooooo..the smoothness is untrue! so to every meetering i shall wear a new jacket...however as the capret jacket does look quite a bit wierd....i will only wear it to clapham...cos there are more loonies there than at spittalfields.
Toodlepip

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
But haven't you already said that?

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
yes...sorry...just thought people would like to know...but they dont...so im sorry...sorry for all the shit i put into peoples lives...sorry for wanting to be popular...sory for having no friends...sorry for living...sorry for feeling pissed off/ angry/ fucked off/ uspet....sory for not knowing where my life wants to go.

KatBRONZE Member
Pooh-Bah
2,211 posts

Posted:
HI UCF

Cheer up. Could be worse. It could be Monday

If its any consolation, I'm still waiting for the memo telling me where my life is going as I don't seem to have any control of it any more (if I ever did?)

As long as there is coffee and godiva chocolates in the fridge life can't be that bad I suppose

Chin up

- W B Yeats

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
ok...sorry for saying sorry.

DomBRONZE Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
3,009 posts

Posted:
@ UCOF

Don't know where you life is going? It's going here. Today is where all your life until now has led. Make the most of it, it's wicked!

SmallBoy - xCarpal \'Tunnel
2,737 posts

Posted:
Jonathon, chill man, you have got friends....you have loads.

Well you have one in me anywayz.

Oh and Lolli says she's been trying to call you

Big hugz man

Small Lardy Person In Disguise

Jezaddict
642 posts

Posted:
Well what away to celebrate the last sunday summer spinning. I managed to clock myself so hard in the head on Sunday that I cut my head open and the hospital was kind enough to put three stitches in it for me!!!

Anyways look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday and I will sorely miss the sunday chill out sessions in the park with all you lurverly people.

'Happiness is liking peeing on yourself. Everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.'

'If *I* had a hammer, there'd be no more folk singers.'

Page: ...