Page: ......
tjoniBRONZE Member
116 posts

Posted:
Calling all firetwirlers drummers and dancers, or anyone wanting to learn the above.We are starting up a weekly gathering in Fitzroy area to share above skills with thoughts to starting up a troup to perform in Melbourne area in 2002. Beginners welcome as we can teach you!Expressions of interest most welcome. Happy New Year!

ubblove **edit August 2004** ubblove

Hello and welcome to any new fire friends visiting this thread! To save you reading through 30 pages of sturf, our weekly gathering is;

ubbloco Wednesday; Gathering at Edinborough Gardens, St Georges Rd, Nth Fitzroy, about 8pm onwards.

There is also a Sunday gathering at St Kilda. Check :St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia, posted by Footbag, for details.

All welcome!- beginners, experienced, spectators, drummers, and anyone else keen to check it out, come say hello! We don't bite but we do burn... wink

XXOO

[ 01. February 2003, 19:15: Message edited by: tjoni ]

I'm out of my mind...but you can leave a message

If you remain calm while all around you is collapsing...possibly you are missing something

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
ima still blown away by how beautiful the weather, company and flamage was tonight!!!!!!!
*sighs*

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

6,978 posts

Posted:
wednesdaze have been startin' up late, for those of youse who have been arriving before 9:30pm!! peace

spideymember
46 posts

Posted:
Hello!

It's far, far, far too long since I've been to hop! I'd almost forgotten how great it is!

I normally hover around the London posts. But I'll be in Melbourne for a couple of weeks this month, and I thought maybe it'd be a good time to dig out the (rather dusty) poi and see if I can still remember how...

So, um, would it be ok if I turn up on Weds at Edinburgh Gardens? I've not really got anything lined up for my time in Melbourne, so it'd be really nice to come and say hello. It sounds like the Sundays at Luna Park aren't happening? I'll probably be staying in St Kilda, so I might have a check, anyway.

Well, I hope that I'll get to meet some of you guys soon. Happy twirling till then.

- Sarah

Can I just say how much I love this: weavesmiley !?!
Sooo cool!

6,978 posts

Posted:
hello spidey!! 'twill be swell to meet and burn stuff!!
ps i looved your movies!

6,978 posts

Posted:
tommorrow i's go.
i may not return.
(until thursday)

pineapple peteSILVER Member
water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
BOM weather forecast for
Wednesday
Cool change developing. Min 15 Max 25
many people gonna show up

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

*proud owner of the very cute fire_spinning_angel, birgit and neon shaolin*

6,978 posts

Posted:
pineapple i love you
u r so tasty.
in syrup!

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
damn straight i am
anyways, its too cold tonite, how many people tend to show up to st kilda on sundays, i havent been there before

------------------------
there are no monks in my band, there are no saints in this land

"you know there are no trophys for doing silly things in real life yeah pete?" said ant "you wont get a 'listened to ride of the valkyries all the way to vietnam' trophy"

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
well it's (n + 1) if I go!

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

TyrGOLD Member
Simplicity Convoluter & Cabbage Friend
126 posts
Location: In the shadow of the wolf (somewhere over melbourn...

Posted:

biggrin biggrin biggrin Calling all Firies!!! biggrin biggrin biggrin

Hay it's about time Edenborough revived itself and came out for the spring (says me who hasn't been the last 2 weeks cos it's rained and I'm slack!!?)... Never-the-less!!! I think it's time to regroup and play - Baring chronic heavens opening up's I proclaim to anyone and everyone that next WED to be an awesome big night - I'm donating about 10 liters of shell sol to general usage and will bring music and toy's but hopefully drummers heed this call and come play with us.

See Peoples Wed Yayyyyyyyyy come play!!!!!! (blar) wink

“What are you creatures of Fantastica? Dreams, poetic inventions, characters in a neverending story.”
Gmork
‘The Neverending Story’

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
That’s a great offer Dave, and well timed as everyone’s getting restless.

A few regulars and some new face even braved the rain for spin last week.

Hope to CU there

beerchug

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

Rouge DragonBRONZE Member
Insert Champagne Here
13,215 posts

Posted:
Don't make me jealous frown

i would have changed ***** to phallus, and claire to petey Petey

Rougie: but that's what I'm doing here
Arnwyn: what letting me adjust myself in your room?..don't you dare quote that on HoP...

TyrGOLD Member
126 posts

Posted:
What for you Jealous Miss Rouge Dragon? - aren't you coming...go on, you know you want to smile

P.s. Miss Rouge Dragon I must question your virtue - "Whore Dragons use Rouge - Lady Dragons Pinch". redface
As either an avid Simpson's fan - or one of the four pursuivants of the English college of arms you should well know biggrin

“What are you creatures of Fantastica? Dreams, poetic inventions, characters in a neverending story.”
Gmork
‘The Neverending Story’

6,978 posts

Posted:
i want to twirl with fire and sometimes eat pineapple.
not at the same time.
peace
my you peel the pineapple in your heart(s)

water based
5,125 posts

Posted:
what time do you all show up, i havent been before
do u have many or any young'uns like 15 yrs show up or is it gonna be me with a whole bunch o people 10 years older than me

--------------------
im sick of it Skinner, low test scores, class after class of ugly ugly children

TyrGOLD Member
126 posts

Posted:
Hay Pineapple - Beware of Bender - he seems to have a pineapple fetish lately…used to be Llamas? - Things kick off about 8.30 - 9ish and go late. Never know who's going to show up but it's always a mixed friendly group so come play smile

Flynt - You'd better still be coming - you promised and people are coming to see you! P.s did you twist Josh's arm - Tell him that crappy degree isn't going to get him anywhere - he should just come out and play with flamage instead, (it's much more important). ubbrollsmile

See peoples tonight biggrin biggrin biggrin

Gmork
‘The Neverending Story’

TyrGOLD Member
126 posts

Posted:
St Kilda Meet has officially moved , Still on Sunday 5pm till late but now at:

Alexandra / Queen Victoria Gardens
St. Kilda Road – opposite 'National Gallery of VIC' (Old Arts Gallery with spire)
'Between the 'Hammer Throw' bronze statue and the path that runs through this section' (Garden to left of the Floral Clock)

Aprox 5-7 min walk from Flinders St Station away from the city on the left hand side

Gmork
‘The Neverending Story’

TyrGOLD Member
126 posts

Posted:
biggrin biggrin biggrin Calling ALL Firies!!! biggrin biggrin biggrin
Time for a BIG get together!

For those who don’t know St. Kilda gathering has moved to the Alexandria Gardens – hosted by the fabulous Footbag and Spherespinner - At last a central location for everyone!!!
'Grand Opening Sun 10th October' Lets see how many people we can drag out of the woodwork and have a big meet.

Other countries have gatherings of hundreds + regularly . I think it's about time we lifted our game…but that’s up to you guy's. I'm throwing in a 20 litre drum of Shel Sol to public use (This is my last one then I'm poor again so take advantage of it smile Bring your best toys and back up fuel and come play!!!

Night starts at 5pm for all those who are keen to learn / skill share by light. Fire starts after dark (obviously!) 7.30 - 8ish till late!

St. Kilda Road – opposite 'National Gallery of VIC' (Old Arts Gallery with spire)
'Between the 'Hammer Throw' bronze statue and the path that runs through this section' (Garden to left of the Floral Clock)

Aprox 5-7 min walk from Flinders St Station away from the city on the left hand side

Drummers wanted on mass!!! This is an event for everyone so come join. (CD players will be on hand if they're slack though so bring music if you want too)

* In the event of a rain out, frown consider this moved to the following week and watch www.homeofpoi.com for updates in 'events gatherings'…should be new thread soon. (Infrequent light drizzle is not rain!!!)

Footbag, the man of the hour who is beginning this night; will be there this sun along with the former St. Kilda crew - so go check the space out early and have a play with them if your up for it smile

250+ Melbourne fire twirlers have been emailed about this event already and I know there are at least twice that many of you out there!!! Spread the word and lets have a big fun night out. Become re-inspired, socialize or show off – what ever your passion come share it but remember it's up to you guy's so no pikers! biggrin

Cheers and look forward to seeing Alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll you guy's there!!!! ubbrollsmile

Gmork
‘The Neverending Story’

PyrolificBRONZE Member
Returning to a unique state of Equilibrium
3,289 posts

Posted:
let us know how it goes Tyr.

AFAIK, not many countries have regular meets with 100s of fire twirlers...

but hey - why not start in Melbourne

smile

Josh

--
Help! My personality got stuck in this signature machine and I cant get it out!

TyrGOLD Member
126 posts

Posted:
I just hear the stories from other countries - maybe they're not true…or not as regular as I hear (which is probably the most likely answer) …Still, as you say here's to it starting in Melb (dame - where's the 'fingers crossed' graemlin when you need it smile )

I don't mind if gatherings aren't huge all the time just as long as people have somewhere to go when they want something like that. - 'First Sunday of a month being a standing big night' or something like that would be good. Then even if people have limited energy / time to play (which, lets face it - is the case for most of us) We can still aim for a particular day and know there'll be lots of people. Anyways 'what will be will be' - stage set, the rest is up to others wink

Gmork
‘The Neverending Story’

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Cheers for a great idea

Though Sunday is a bad day for me, I’ll try and let some of the non-HOPers out in the Eastern suburbs know about this one. And perhaps, if someone is going to St Andrew market they could “spread the word” out there in hippy land cool

Yeah, and if there is a CD player on hand, then I suggest peeps take some "good bouncy " tunes wink

CU smile

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

6,978 posts

Posted:
sundaze @ alexandria gardens near the 3-palm-trees area has been a nice place to gather in the past, but i do feel it belongs in it's own thread(!)
woop!

TyrGOLD Member
126 posts

Posted:
I've been trying to get Footbag to start a new thread. (His night and he should do the honors, and I don't wanna overstep bounds) but I agree - if he hasn't started one by tomorrow then I'm gunna start one otherwise it's too messy.

On an appropriate note for this thread - Yay Edenborough - tomorrow shall be much fun!

All prospected attendees to perform a mandatory "Crazy - Jiggy; comprehensive, 'all poor down right now' rain dance"… Right NOW. Then da sky shall be all rained out pre tomorrow; - leaving a crispy-dry night for fire playage smile

See ya's all then biggrin

Gmork
‘The Neverending Story’

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
lol a crazy jiggy thingy is one way Tyr. Another would be to look at the BOM forecast for Melbourne for Tonight and Wednesday

Fine apart from morning fog patches. A mostly sunny day with light wind tending northerly. Afternoon seabreezes. Min 10 Max 24. Issued at 1625 on Tuesday the 5th of October 2004

CU smile

TyrGOLD Member
126 posts

Posted:
Whats this technical mumbo jumbo - Dance I say, DANCE!!!

P.s. Alexandra Gardens finally has a Thread of it's own:
[Old link]

It's shall bother the tribe Thread of Wednesday no more... biggrin

Gmork
‘The Neverending Story’

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
ok u win Tyr biggrin

Marches off and does a Melbourne shuffle

smile

TyrGOLD Member
126 posts

Posted:
Your way is much more sensible stone...but mines more fun. biggrin

P.s you can stop dancing now – we wanted it to rain yesterday not today…besides you strike me more as a Lindy Hopper than a shuffler Stone wink

Tyr was a Charlstoning the night away biggrin

Gmork
‘The Neverending Story’

TyrGOLD Member
126 posts

Posted:
Mechanical Weather Monkey say:

"Forecast: Wednesday Mainly cloudy with a little patchy rain. A mild day with a moderate to fresh west to northwesterly wind."

Sound like tonight is still on smile See peoples there.

P.S. If there are any firies out there that do swing dancing and would be interested in trying to combine it with fire lets me know (particularly if you is a girl cos I only know the boys side but all interest / input is welcome and wanted smile ) - been on the backburner with me for a while but I need a second interested party to figure it out - I think it would be much funness.

Gmork
‘The Neverending Story’

TyrGOLD Member
126 posts

Posted:
When I look out the window I get the distinct impression the mechanical Monkey lied frown

Gmork
‘The Neverending Story’

6,978 posts

Posted:
yowsers, last night was beautiful!!! i hope the weather stays like is had last night!!! so warm and still! great to see so many people i've missed in the last few months back in victoria!!

Page: ......