Page: ......
pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
ello to all sheffield poi and fire spinners out there, as i can see there are quite a few that use the bulletin board here! recent talks with several poi'ers that i know, we would like to meet up on sunday 30th december @ endcliffe park (ecclesall road)for an afternoon/evening of poi and fire frolics in the park to celebrate the festive seasons and see out the year before the mad new year parties where ever you may be going! basically just to have fun, meet other ppl that are unfortunate not to frequent headcharge or planet zogg and so we can all learn some new moves etc...so what do you all think? can you make it? post you replies here and i will put up more details..
thank funk for poi!
pk

[ 05. December 2002, 09:37: Message edited by: PK ]

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
I have to agree with Cantus on this one,

if they are on the same weekend, we get to play more and makes our visit so much more worthwhile.

I was gonna amove to sheffield but PK moved. selfish git

onedizzybirdmember
136 posts

Posted:
tempest you should move to sheffield anyway we could use you as bait to intice pk back!
cantus you should come anyhow because it would be great to see you and im sure we can organise accomodation.

just a suggestion....we could either have two pips a month or we could do one month headcharge weekend the other non headcharge or zogg making it a different week every month???? what do people think????

don't forget if your not going to glastonbury on the 28th is the festival in dinnington, i've been chatting with the organizers and we definately have a place to spin in the dance field...it will be a great day / night they have room for camping and we can keep going through the night if we want to, the music will be varied prob with lots of techno as the sun goes down to early/late morning depending on which way you look at it.

will give more details when i know more........

hugs to all

os1member
101 posts

Posted:
any weekend would be good actuialy coz most weekends i'm

Love is a gift. You can't buy it, you can't find it, someone has to give it to you. Learn to be receptive of that gift

os1member
101 posts

Posted:
right then all sheff peeps (and anyone else)
i'm thinking of planing a masive food fight in summer on endcliffe park (probably turn out to be a tomatoe fight) followed by a water fight
whos up for it??
ask your friends etc if i can get enough interested i'll try and sort the rest

Love is a gift. You can't buy it, you can't find it, someone has to give it to you. Learn to be receptive of that gift

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
I dont like tomatoes! Wouldn't mind throwing them about though. Will they be rotten ones and who cleans up the mess?

Just a couple of question before the battle begins!

Dizzybird - Is that all I am to you? just a peice of bait so you can get what you want? I thought you were beter than that now you had become organised

I do like the idea of having PIP's on a different weekend each month so we could alternate between a headcharge weekend and non headcharge weekend.

As long as the date it is arranged at least two weeks in advance so everybody knows the score and can budget/prepare and rotton fruit they may want to do battle with

onedizzybirdmember
136 posts

Posted:
tempest you know your more than a piece of pk bait and would love you to come and live in sheffield i was just merely pointing out an extra skill from a multi skilled chap
if you are thinking of coming to this pip then there is a free party in derbyshire on the sat night........might that tempt a tempest????

food fight sounds like good fun gordie it could follow and jellie and icecream party.

ok so pip is next weekend and the following pip can be may headcharge weekend though i may not be able to come to that one as will be having exams but i can spin in spirit
does that suit folks?

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
Woowoooooo food fight yippeeeee!

I'm up for that, Gordie! plenty of psychedelics needed for chucking jelly and stuff around a park

much more fun than poi hehehe...

Rach, can't make Sat, Pete's got a gig in Stoke, Altern8 are playing (!!!) so might be a bit strange. Anytime you fancy going for a twirl or a chill though, especially now the weather is cheering up a bit give us a bell. When's this free party?

onedizzybirdmember
136 posts

Posted:
boo hoo no bouncing noona for pip

arr well yeah now the weathers getting better we can get out more!!! though i won't have much time for chills but i can't just study all the time can i??? yeah chills sounds great laura don't forget your more than welcome round here when you want to aswell!

the party is next sat night saw a flyer the other day...sounds like fun

anyhow better get back to the books........

Tempestaddict
522 posts

Posted:
I won't be able to attend this weekends PIP but if you can give us a date then my bro, myself an a couple of other spinners can get stuff arranged and come play for the next one...

Does seem a bit dodgy you not coming if your arranging it Rachel, although we would love to do a headcharge night as well.

Can't you come and play in the park for a few hours?

onedizzybirdmember
136 posts

Posted:
its next weekend...19th i think. i will try and get to the next one, definately no headcharge for me as i have an exam on the sat .... i may need a jolly good spin afterwards!

os1member
101 posts

Posted:
No headcharge for rach??
how can this be?
the free party is on saturday 19th at a secret location phone nubers for the party are
ring on the night
zogg tonight anyone??

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
no zogg for me unfortunately

but the food fight is the best idea i've heard in a long time. i've just one request though - can you wait till i get back home (early june by the looks of it at the moment)

wherever you go, there you are.

onedizzybirdmember
136 posts

Posted:
yay zogg tonight!!!!!

os1member
101 posts

Posted:
good skills young girl
riff raff 2moro as well ??

pkBRONZE Member
Lambretta Fanatic
4,997 posts

Posted:
woz ere tu fousand n free

onedizzybirdmember
136 posts

Posted:
pleased you enjoyed riff raff gordie....i did so much boinging at zogg my poor little legs felt as though they had aged twenty years over night and were struggleing with the stairs.

oooo pk.....when are you coming home for a break???????????

Mr Peteymember
43 posts

Posted:
Yip-Skip, I should be able to make this PiP!!

Food Fight - What a fantastic idea! I know loads of people who would be up for that! Just name the time, place and weapons of choice and we'll come armed and mob handed. Rar!!!

pete.

onedizzybirdmember
136 posts

Posted:
yay pete's coming!!!!

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
Yipppee, PIP on Saturday. lookin forward to it! hope to meet more of you this time! See u all on sat.

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

onedizzybirdmember
136 posts

Posted:
double yay astro's coming!!! looking forward to seeing everyone on saturday lets hope for good weather again!

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
Hey Rach

Mr Petey isn't my pete
Just thought I'd let you know in case you called him that and he set the giant rabid beasts on you!

(no offence intended to Mr Petey who I have yet to meet)

NoonaBRONZE Member
Cake lover
258 posts

Posted:
EVERYONE PRAY FOR SUNSHINE!

...AND CAKE.

BUCKET LOADS OF DEEEE-LICIOUS CREAM CAKES..

Any idea what time-ish anyone's going to be down at the park?

ASTRO FAERIEBRONZE Member
ummmmmmm.............
724 posts

Posted:
I thought it was 5ish that pip starts, but i might be there a bit earlier if the weathers nice.....mmmmmmmmm.......sunshinnneee.

Only when the last tree has died
and the last river has been poisoned
and the last fish has been caught
will we realise that we
cannot eat money.

Cree Indian, 1909

onedizzybirdmember
136 posts

Posted:
thats alright laura thanks for the warning but i've already met mr petey so i shouldn't get confused...he's quite a bit taller than your pete if i my memory serves me well

looking forward to tomorrow keep praying for sunshine!!! anyone going to the free party ????

onedizzybirdmember
136 posts

Posted:
ali...i tried to pm you but for some reason it won't send....pip is still going ahead today despite the weather. hope to see you there xxxxxxxxxxx

SpiralOolering Man
729 posts

Posted:
hey all just droopping by...... Food fight is a fantastic idea, I'll be up for it if I'm still around, two pips a month sounds good as well, and I heard you say something about it before dizzy but I'll be up for doing that festy with ya's - if I can replace my firestaff in time. Got nicked from ladybower on saturday (along with my staff bag and my homemade practise staff - that makes the grand total of my stolen kit in the last year 1 set of fire chains, 4 uv staffs and a firestaff - not that I'm keeping count). I give up, this hobby is getting far too costly

toodle pip all - I'm off to write some more tunes

:::::and I've just realised - no more guestlist entry to headcharge as I can't do fire no more! and I can't afford a new one by friday!

If anyone does hear of or know someone who came back with a few extra staffs from the so it iz party on saturday if they return them I will not ritually sacrifice them to the dark gods....

[ 22. April 2003, 03:08: Message edited by: Spiral ]

onedizzybirdmember
136 posts

Posted:
...poor liam, the last i saw of it it was resting quite happily next to a tree and im sure i saw it before we left. why don't you try popping a message on their website, www.soitiz.co.uk/com (i think) they may have picked it up so it doesn't get knicked.

hope your all well next pip...sat 31st may not sure yet if i'll be there because i have an exam on that day but i will try and pop along for a bit.

see you later xxxxxxx

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

Jomember
517 posts

Posted:
1112!

sorry PK - couldn't let you get it

Jo.

Educate yourself in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

the mind gap.old hand
829 posts

Posted:
jesus liam, you lost the bag as well this time??

good god man, what are you on? (apart from the obvious, of course)
i know how to rectify the situation - let's take our swords to the next one and KILL EVERYONE THERE!!! that'll show'em

wherever you go, there you are.

Page: ......