kmember
1 post

Posted:
HeyoAny twirlers in NYC wanna meet up for a friendly casual twirl downtown on the weekend of the 8th or 9th? If anyone is interested lemme know so we can work it all out. Its up the air for now because I don't wanna set any thing up, cuz its a waste if no one responds. If your interested E-mail me @ Kamelk666@aol.com -K

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Not a great weekend for me. Otherwise, I'd be down. Do post the plan if you get one. I'd love to drop by for a bit. The weekend after is better for me but I'm just one guy. winkWere you talking daytime poi or nighttime with fire and such?

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Qmember
42 posts

Posted:
8th may work, but the 9th im busy already, damn I hate my job, but its only one more week, yes!!!!!Yeah, same question as NYC, is this gonna be a nighttime burn or daytime thing? I'd prefer something more towards the evening if I it can work out. If it works out think you can help me with my first light? Don't have my own stuff, so I was wondering if you could help me out.Yo K, mad props on trying to throw something together. Summer has been mad busy for many of us, and until everything falls back into rhythm, it may be a bit hard to get a group together. Keep it up!

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
yeah I will be in NYC this weekend and I would like to do a little twirling, especially saturday, is anyone up for that and where could we meet? The evening or the day is fine.

Gabimember
3 posts

Posted:
Hey guys... sat is good for me... preferably night time. Union Sq seams to have become quite the spot for fire dancers if that works for people. Also, i'm around that area every tues and thurs, and free to spin around 10:30 pm or so. if anyone ever wants to meet up let me know.Q... (I'm assuming you spin chains) if you have trouble finding someone to help you out, Id be happy to do it.gabi

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Ill try to be there sat night, if anyone else is there I will be spinning glowsticks on chains. later.

Qmember
42 posts

Posted:
almost gabi,Ever since ive started, ive been spinning glowsticks with some souped-up shoestrings (i have too much free time on my hands, haha) whatever you have for fire i'd be more than happy to use. Doesn't matter if its chain or cable.Thanks everyone.

Cootsmember
5 posts

Posted:
May be off topic, but I'll be spinning in Union Sq. tomorrow (friday) night. Any and all are welcome to join me.I'll try to be around saturday too. See ya all there.-Coots

gearmember
2 posts

Posted:
where did all of you nyc people come from all of a sudden, and why dont i know you? winkmy friends and i will be spinning **fire** in brooklyn on sunday night. most of us just got back from burning man...email me: gear@email.com

conserve fossil fuels!! burn a hippie.

Qmember
42 posts

Posted:
Sorry guys, cant make it!I can't get off of work till late. Have fun anyway!

Gabimember
3 posts

Posted:
there's been a change of plans for me... can't make tonights gathering... perhaps on sunday in brooklyn?

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I'm gonna TRY to be in Brooklyn this Sunday but it depends on how much I get done during the day. Don't you have school Gabi? smile

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

gearmember
2 posts

Posted:
hey~are any of you firefreaks coming tonight? im going to take a nap right now...we are going to be on the east river waterfront, on kent and north 7th in williamsburg. our lot is on the north side of the street.be inconspicuous and keep your liquor in a paper bag.------------------be good, and if you cant, do it well.

conserve fossil fuels!! burn a hippie.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
tonight might just be a possibility. what time do you all gather? How inconspicuous do you need to be? (a six foot aluminium staff is kinda hard to be casual with but i would love to chance to actually light this new one up instead of just my torches- is that gonna be an issue getting there?)

'tropemember
12 posts

Posted:
hehehe, i love it when people are *shocked* by the fact that there are so many fire freaks here in the city...we get together on sunday nights - you can bring glowsticks if you want, but just be prepared for no one to pay attention to you. ;-)see you other all-of-a-sudden-appearing new yorkers tonight, in *the spot*... i got some decompression to work off...burn it,dori

For a charm of pow'rfull trouble.Like a hell-broth, boil and bubble.Double, double, toil and trouble,Fire burn and cauldron bubble. - bill s...

alleykatmember
49 posts

Posted:
Hey folks, the weather's getting colder, and I was just wondering if there are any planned fire gatherings in NYC in the near future. Or is there some regular gathering that I still haven't been able to find? This is a tough time to be new to this city, I could use a little help. Some one please clue me in. NYC and gear have been very helpful (thanks guys!), but alas, I'm still in the dark.peace,alleykat

this little light of minei'm gonna let it shine...

Cootsmember
5 posts

Posted:
Alleycat,Spinning in NY is a little tough lately...the last time NYC and I tried to get together, we were told in no uncertain terms to get out of Union Sq. and never come back....::shrug::...I'm told the waterfront in Bklyn is patroled now, so there's really few places to go anymore. I'd still like to do some pre-winter big-ass-burn, so I'm sure we could make something happen.Flame on,-Coots

alleykatmember
49 posts

Posted:
Thanks for the heads up, Coots. Now, I know that it's like, totally common knowledge that parks after dark are bad news, (especially for nice girls like me :P), but there's gotta be some park somewhere that we could flame in without too much trouble. Like maybe one where they sometimes have outdoor performances or something? I dunno, I'm grasping for straws here. I guess if anyone does figure something out, all I ask is that you please please please post it here, and I'll do likewise.peace,alleykat

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
OK now I'm offended. winkYou have my cell number, my home number, and two of my email accounts. Do I gotta show up at your doorstep with roses?I'm totally free the weekend after this. As I stated in my email, "you pick a time and I'll be there." Unless I'm not pretty enough for you. wink

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

WuGgaRoOmember
123 posts

Posted:
damnit...i live close by kent n north 7 (greenpoint)...shoot...if only i knew b4 id sneak out n poi with u ppl...

Follow Wuggarooism10)Dons't cheateth on thee's significant other9) If thou seest a pig that resembles thee's friend...dont eateth the pig...perhaps it is thee's friend8) If thou talkest shit..thou is a pansy7) Don't buttith into conversations for it will be over thous head6) Dont let stupid comments go unpunished they can only leadest to thous anyurysms5) Dont lie to your friends4) Thou areest what thou arest don't change thou for anyone 3) Masturbation isnt a crime2) When a horse comes up to thou and sayest baaa thou must run!1) Be excellent to eachother

alleykatmember
49 posts

Posted:
Awwww, I'm sorry NYC, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings!!! I was just trying to, ya know, broaden my horizons wink. Increase my twirling potential. We're still on for next weekend though, yah? Should we invite these folks to join us? Next Sunday afternoon/evening (Oct 27th)? Anyone?

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
Why don't you email me (or friggin call me) and we'll nail down a time and place. Then I'll post a general invite. Let me know if you wanted to have a technical/fun park meeting or a burn.Personally, I'd be up for a technical/fun park spin as I don't really get better when spinning with fire and I'm on a "get better" binge rather than a "burn stuff" binge.

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

Cootsmember
5 posts

Posted:
Burn stuff, burn burn burn!!!ps-I'm up for something whenever. Oh, and I'd REALLY like to do some big burn thing for Samhain (halloween to normal people) so leave the end of October wide open.-Coots

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hey folks,New to the whole poi thing, but after seeing some awesome shit at burningman this year I knew I had to get into it. I am in Manhattan, and would love to meet up with some people for a "poi spinning for retards" session. Any experienced people want to help a brotha out? I too confess to the shoestring and glowstick practice sessions. I am probably way too old to be playing with this shit anyway, but WTF right, its only life afterall.B

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Hey, NYC, stop cursing... I am nowhere near NYC right now, but I'll friggin call you if it friggin makes you feel friggin better, but I don't have your friggin phone numberfriggin shine on winkCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"