Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > not really a new move, but whatever

Login/Join to Participate

WhiteFoxmember
23 posts

Posted:
to go to the foward btb ive seen most people go from the reverse normal weave and throw thier hands back, but it's really easy and cool lookin to go from the foward normal weave to the foward btb.

try it

i like pie

MikeIconGOLD Member
Pooh-Bah
2,109 posts

Posted:
You cant go straight into forward BTB from forward normal. You would have to stop, wrap, or turn because forward BTB is the reverse of forward normal.

Let's turn those old bridges we crossed into ashes.
We'll blaze a new trail,
and torch the rough patches.

-Me

WhiteFoxmember
23 posts

Posted:
ya you do a 180 but keep 1 poi where is and move the other all the way around, ive been messin around with it and you can stand in one spot with out moving and do like ever weave possiblejust bby moving your waist. im told it looks pretty cool but i cant tell when im doin it.

i like pie

Taniwhamember
138 posts

Posted:
quote:
You cant go straight into forward BTB from forward normal. You would have to stop, wrap, or turn because forward BTB is the reverse of forward normal.

By Royal.

Well, if u use logic u would assume this is correct. But actually its not. Most people go from rev weave into rev btb weave. (Its just the way it works) Ask anyone... its eaiser than going from for weave into for btb weave(well for normal people anyways).

But to get real confusing i like going from for weave into rev weave btb. Which can be alot harder than it sounds. Give it a shot.

Its all just smoke and mirrors

DeepSoulSheepGOLD Member
Carpal \'Tunnel
2,617 posts

Posted:
I like to use the BTB waistwrap to get in and out of it because it feels real tight...

I live in a world of infinite possibilities.

colemanSILVER Member
big and good and broken
7,330 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by Royal:
i would disagree there but that may just confuse matters more.

i found that turning and the use of carry's help lots for smooth transitions into btb resulting in few if any 'separated' beats (beats out of the weave at either side of your body).

"i see you at 'dis cafe.
i come to 'dis cafe quite a lot myself.
they do porridge."
- tim westwood

RevBRONZE Member
Bastard Newbie Messiah
1,269 posts

Posted:
I've foudn the simpel solution to all of this lies within the giant weave... I use the giant weave to transition in and out of my BTB weave.. but then agian I'm jsut as liekly to keep beats outside the weave as I do plenty of moves with them seperated too.. depends on what I'm doing or about to do when going in or out..

More useless information courtesy of Rev...
Confusing the masses, one post at a time...
"Obviously, you're not a golfer.."- The Dude
"Buy the ticket... Take the ride..." -Raoul Duke
"FEMA has never done catastrophe planning..."-Michael Brown

Taniwhamember
138 posts

Posted:
YEA BOYYYYY.... those giants are the coolest feeling moves. 1 of my all time favorites. But i think to be able to to good giants, u need to be able to do good normal btb rev and for weaves first. Once u get them, GIANTS ON!!!

Its all just smoke and mirrors

JinXmushroom collector
208 posts

Posted:
well, im in the prosess of learning the fwd btb weave

are you guys saying im an idiot for just trying to throw my hands back while doing a normal weave.

this i how i learnt the rev btb, what do i do!!

JinX pleas with the poi gods for help as his back is killing him, for getting beaten by his angry poi

JinX : If it doesnt kill you it makes you stronger

The spin cycle on the washing machine does not make earth worms dizzy.
It will however make cats dizzy and cats throw up twice their bodyweight when dizzy.