Page:
PoiBoxmember
85 posts

Posted:
All those "in between-", static (seperated on both sides) and buzzsaw isolations work quite well.
So now I try to include isolations constantly into weaves. But at the moment they work only if I turn around constantly - I have problems to keep it in a weave - 2 beat seems to be the maximum there as well.
Anybody tried similar stuff and has some experience and suggestions ???

Thx a lot
andreas

tadpoleGOLD Member
enthusiast
200 posts

Posted:
Willalso try to gethim to fix my space bar...

Don't worry, be happy...

DrudwynForget puppy power, Scrappy's just gay
632 posts

Posted:
*Bump* for those of us trying to learn this incredibly nice trick.

Is there some kind of mystical way that I can get this move without my arms feeling like they're gonna fall off?

Spin, bounce, be one with the world, because it is yours to enjoy...

DuncGOLD Member
playing the days away
7,263 posts

Posted:
Written by: Drudwyn

*Bump* for those of us trying to learn this incredibly nice trick.

Is there some kind of mystical way that I can get this move without my arms feeling like they're gonna fall off?

Yup.....lots of practice. The better your arms get at crossing over while isolated the smoother and much much easier it gets.

TIP

Try practicing with one poi while holding both ends, it's by far the easiest method I found to practice with. Just holding on so the poi is always pulled tight between your hands and spinning a three beat weave is exactly the same motion smile

You can always cheat (erm, practice wink ) with "same-plane" iso's during the weave to help your muscles practice the motion kinda like this

Let's relight this forum ubblove

632 posts

Posted:
Hmm... well it's isolating now, but it's still bloody messy. hmmm... I need someone to point out my flaws!

Suibomaddict
577 posts

Posted:
upload a vid.. also, I think due to the way isolated weaves work, it will always(usually?) be more separated than, say a buzzsaw isolation, and will look messier to certain angles, while still looking very clean to others. That's my experience with it anyway..

Definition of poi- A Hawaiian food made from the tuber of the taro that is cooked, pounded to a paste, and fermented.

Ahnold discussing poi - "It is naht a toober!"

632 posts

Posted:
Right, I'm going to go and hire a camera! I'm knackered and I haven't had a shower yet, I've got to do my laudry, cos I'm out of clothes, and I've got a coursework meeting at 4! WHooo!

And back to the isolated weaves. It's my right hand that's failing on the crossed over isolations! I'm right handed. It's just weird.

shen shuiSILVER Member
no excuses. no apologies.
1,799 posts

Posted:
how about 5bt weave iso's then wrap one on the same hand and unwrap (all the while isolating both hands/poi) into a 5-bt split-time iso....?
mmm.....

those that know, dont say. those that say, dont know.

Page: