Page:
pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
i was wondering if anyone had tried a 5 beat butterfly weave? i tried briefly lastnight and it seemed like it would work okay. anyone thats done it, let me know. i was just sitting here wondering if it is going to work or not. if not i will try more on it tonight and let ya know...

anyone got a light?

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
Eh?? i dont get what you mean dude...
think aobut it... you can do infinitive Beats in butterfly weave.. you can stay at one side of yer body as much as you want doing beats... ummm whats the idea of this?

Dance like if noone were watching you

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
so which is the butterfly weave? is it teh thing that sort of looks like a butterfly is bouncing back and forth?

or is it beats of weave on one side, beats of butterfly in the middle, beats of weave on teh other?

Keep your dream alive
Dreamin is still how the strong survive

Shalom VeAhavah

New Hampshire has a point....

NYCNYC
9,232 posts

Posted:
I tried it and my poi said:

"Syntax Error 404"

Butterfly weave don't make no kind of sense to me either...

Well, shall we go?
Yes, let's go.
[They do not move.]

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
quote:
Originally posted by pozee:
i was wondering if anyone had tried a 5 beat butterfly weave? i tried briefly lastnight and it seemed like it would work okay. anyone thats done it, let me know. i was just sitting here wondering if it is going to work or not. if not i will try more on it tonight and let ya know...
I think i do what you're talking about. Pretty much tucking your hands as if you would do a 5-beat and bring it over to the other side and repeat?

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
okay so if you are doing a butterfly, lets say a forward one on your left side, then if you just do the motions of a weave you can do the weave while they are doing the butterfly. and i tried it lastnight. the whole 5 beat under the wrist thing works with the butterfly as well. i have ot perfect it, but it does work...

anyone got a light?

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
erm.... so, you means that it's all on the same side? like, doin a butterfly, throw in some weave beats, adn still a butterfly, all on one side?

eh?

*still confused....*

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
no sorry,
it is just like a weave. both sides nothing different. right hand does 2 circles on the left side of the body and 1 circle on the right, left hand does 2 on the right and 1 on the left. the exact same concept as the regular weave, but instead of the poi moving in the same direction like a regular weave, your poi are moving opposite, like in a butterfly. do a buitterfly on one side of your body, then do a weave

anyone got a light?

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
so it'd go...left side butterfly... right side weave... etc... etc... etc... ??

or vice versa??

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
kind of, it starts out as a butterfly but then you go into a weave and it is a continuous weave. it never really stops on one side for a regular butterfly. it incorporates both thread the needles. i wish i couold send you a video of it that would make it a lot easier...

anyone got a light?

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
Pozze i still dont get it... i mean what skillz you need for it i mean... if you can do a butterfly weave i could do errr even 10 beats:p
5 circles on my left side and 5 circles on my right side i mean you can do as much as beat you want with the butterfly weave i guess 3 beats does take more skillz cause you gotta cross the pois over yer body really fast dunno.
Whats the idea?
if im not getting it right well ENLIGHT me

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
video...pluh-leeeze.....???

Kinudin might be able to send it to me, or Sickpuppy, or try me urself (certian peeps can't send to me, dunno why) AIM ..Phoenix M318.. MSN... "spiffylitlechair@hotmail.com" none of my emails will acept video's tho...

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
nightshade, its the whole twisting the wrist thing is what i am talking about. going back to the other side with the opposite hand.

kyrian, connecticut huh? i cant send video online, too computer illeterate...

anyone got a light?

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
I will need to look a video i dont get it...
yes when im doing the butterfly weave i get other hand to the other side of my body :/

PeDeymember
189 posts

Posted:
I've just started the bf weave and I tryed the 5 bt last night . I understand what you meen pozee, But I couldn't pull it off last night, the wrist movements look sweet doin the bf weave it feels really good, I've not seen any body doin it yet

oopps boss

Spike

ask yourself this??.......... When was the last time you dug a hole you could be proud of???
answers on a post card

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
But you see Kinudin sometimes.... he can put videos online !!!!!!!!!

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
i did not know that kyrian. i will have to look him up and try and do that. thanks for the info.

anyone got a light?

MrConfusedBRONZE Member
addict
529 posts

Posted:
Do you mean a butterfly crossing the body with the wrists crossed? That is, wrists moving from left to right, right hand leading but crossed over the top of the left wrist?

J

If you're not confused, you're not thinking about things hard enough.

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
okay, lets brake the BF weave down shotgun style.

start out with a butterfly on the left side of the body. left hand goes to the right side of the body over the right hand for a beat, then the right hand follows under to the right side for 1 beat. the right hand immediatley goes back to the left side over the right hand and at the same time the left hand does its second beat on the right side. when the right hand gets to the left side, immediateyl the left hand goes underneath to the left side for a beat and then back over the right hand to the right side. that is the regular BF weave.

no with the 5 beat, instead of the right hand going back to the right side first, the left hand does but your arm goes under the left arm but you bend your wrist so that the poi goes over the left arm.

i know this is hard to explain. i will try and get it onto some kind of video with kinudins help...

anyone got a light?

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
maybe phunky would like to have a go at it. i think he might be able to do the video stuff pretty easily...

anyone got a light?

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
so it's butterfly's going back and forth but you switch which hand is on top? only that means also you have to put a hand on top... or are they crossed even? am i getting anywhere?

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
okay, try this and it should help. put your hands above each other on your left side like you are doing a butterfly. now take your left hand and cross it to the right side over your right hand. now your arms make an X. now take your right arm and pull it under your left arm over to the right sid eand immediatley move it back to the left side above your left arm. and then you have an X again. left hand to left side underneath right arm and immediately back to right side above your right arm. back and forth, that is the butterfly weave.

for the 5 beat, your left hand will go to the left side first and your right hand will go to the right side first. but you will twist your wrists like a 5 beat weave.

any better?

anyone got a light?

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
i think i understand....

*waits impatiently for rain to clear up so she can try it*

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

Whiffle Squeekaddict
416 posts

Posted:
god kyrian, youve seen both me and todd do it...

its the thing we all started yelling about who could do it first, and how its really just an alternate cross over turned to the side, and then todd started spinning in circles and whacked himself in the jumblies...

yeah, that was a 3 beat butterfly weave, i havent tried a 5 beat yet, but it should work

Educate your self in the Hazards of Fire Breathing STAY SAFE!

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
i remember that quite clearly. and i asked one of you too show me how to do it and then you start to and then you go off on some yarn about sumtin else and ignore me.....

to give todd credit he did try to show me after you left, and he did promise that i had the idea right i just sort of needed to practice. and i actually think i got it... sort of... except... i switch to same time when i go to the sides...

is this wrong i take it?

i'm supposed to stay split time all da time?

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
but then i clearly remember todd saying to me that i would want to go into a weave and that was ok i just shouldn't and taht it was especially bad for him because he was trying to learn to do a butterfly weave... so either you guys have extraneous terminology again or... i don't know... you better come back and straighten my head out at some point.... or perhaps sunday if i see you...

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
i think i have a two-beat...yayyyyyy!!

if not, it at least looks cool

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

adamricepoo-bah
1,015 posts

Posted:
OK, I think I understand.

It's misleading to call this a "butterfly weave"--it's more like a "thread-the-needle weave" if anything.

And the wrist-twisting part: I understand how that works, but that's just making it more difficult for yourself as, I don't know, a test of your own flexibility. No reason not to use a normal TTN over-under motion, which can be repeated indefinitely.

Laugh while you can, monkey-boy

pozeeBRONZE Member
old hand
887 posts

Posted:
very true adam, it does not look much better, especially with the tweaking of the wrist, but it does work and i had to share it...

anyone got a light?

KyrianDreamer
4,308 posts

Posted:
it is supposed to be in split time.... right?

Keep your dream alive

Shalom VeAhavah

PeDeymember
189 posts

Posted:
I cracked the 5bt this morning . You can do it split time and in time .
You have to use tnt movements to switch which hand is on top,so you get the weave movements.by adding the 5 beat weave movements to the bf weave you get a nice flowing move that really takes alot of thinking about.

If you get the 3bt your hands should be doin the over ,under ,out movements of the weave,(i've not managed to do this split time yet??? ???)

Now adding the 5bt movements in. if you starton the right side doin a reversee bf, tnt and at the same time wrap your left wrist around the right and take the whole lot to the left side the first beat will be done with the left poi furthest away from you, then unwrap your arms using tnt.

then as the poi reach the top of there swing wrap the right wrist in a 5bt style and pull it all to the right and carry on from there.

This might be complete bollocks but this is how I understand it at the moment,
hope this makes seense to somone, if not I'll try and explain a bit better.

early morning Cuddles
Spike

ask yourself this??.......... When was the last time you dug a hole you could be proud of???
answers on a post card

Page: