LUCIAN POIERmember
12 posts

Posted:
I AM NEW AT POI. I HAVE ONLY BEEN SPINNING FOR THREE WEEKS AND I LEARN VERY FAST.CAN SOMEONE TELL ME THE BEST VIDEO A BEGINNER CAN US TO LEARN MORE?

It's a burning faya

TheBovrilMonkeySILVER Member
Liquid Cow
2,629 posts

Posted:
I've not been spinning for very long and I found the circles of light video really good for inspiration and to give me something to aim for. I've seen the others so I can't compare them.Oh, and people on this site don't seem to take to keenly to people who post in uppercase. I just thought I'd warn you before someone bites your head off smile.------------------King of all things Walrus

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

xLessThanJakexmember
155 posts

Posted:
Hey the first video I picked up from here was The Art of Poi, it's really good and that's where I got a lot of my moves.Circles of Light is also a good one.F_S------------------Where there is sorrow I seek the Flame - Rumi

Where there is sorrow I seek the Flame - Rumi

Auger282member
81 posts

Posted:
EDITED_BY: Auger282 (1429498883)

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
Hello fellow Floridian! :PYou should try getting together with some of us at Pier 60 and watch other spinners. IMHO WATCHING someone do something first hand is the best way to learn new things. :P------------------ [PLUR]-=Crazy Raver Dude=-

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

bubblezmember
24 posts

Posted:
simon...this b tommy , u looked like u were doin just fine the way ur learning now, u tore up aftermath br0 , n i think crazy raver dude is right...up close is better then a vidio, u cant ask a vidio questions ;]------------------ITS NOT WHAT U KNOW, ITS WHAT U CAN PROVE......

ITS NOT WHAT U KNOW, ITS WHAT U CAN PROVE......

Bendymember
750 posts

Posted:
TAKE THAT, AUGER282!!YEAH!AND THAT, AND THAT!!*maniacal laughter at Auger282's weakened state*

Courage is the man who can stop after only one peanut

HappyStickermember
42 posts

Posted:
unless you are JUST STARTING to learn then i would no suggest the Art Of Poi video as it is very very basic. I bought the video as something to continue my learning after i finished all the moves in poi-lessons on this site a while back and it doesnt thave anything that isnt on here, in fact less.

If you had a friend that was a tightrope walker, and you were walking down the street and he just fell over......that would be unacceptable.