Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > Who ever named the fountain was on crack...

Login/Join to Participate

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Let's all decide to name combinations and confuse everyonehere are my favorites:1) one beat butterfly on each side btb = the phunky chicken2) weave to weave btl to weave = the phunky watch me show off move3) btb forward 5-beat to btb reverse 5-beat = the phunky ph33r my technical skillz------------------[]Dhuong-Vu Truong==== []Dhunky ====

Knagimember
397 posts

Posted:
Think were gonna need an ambulace for phunky's broken arms, after I get done with him in 2003 :P------------------We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonMost Memerable crowd saying "Hey look that dude's gonna set himself on fire again!"

We are all in the cosmic movie. That means the day you die you watch your whole life repeating for eternity. So you'd better have some good things happen in there and have a fitting climax. --Jim MorrisonIt's going to come from a direction you didn't predict at a moment of chaos which you didn't see coming. -- NYC

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
i like 2) weave to weave btl to weave= the phunky watch me show off movevery classy.."S"------------------"When a Man Lies He Murders Some Part of the World These Are the PaleDeaths Which Men Miscall Their Lives All this I Cannot Bear to Witness Any Longer Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation Take Me Home"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
lol, look at this old thread i found. I wrote this a year ago, and as you can see my views on naming combo's hasn't changed

[ 17 April 2002, 18:54: Message edited by: -@- ]

NightShade1member
368 posts

Posted:
lol i loved the the phunky watch me show off move ROFL!

Dance like if noone were watching you

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
my own personal favorites!!!

Doing every turbo funky butter fly move I know, in a row. (it takes a WHILE )
"jiggy up the butterfly"

Swinging hips in variouse errotic manerisms while twirling.
"Moves for the ladies"

Kung fu poi twirling with kicks and wrapkicks.
"moves for the guys"

we eat and we drink and we smoke and we try!

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
Speaking of fountains, it is a CLUB NAMED move so techniquly the namer very well could have been on crack, but was probably on something else (like X or meth or cid...) LOL

I have read descriptions of a fountain, but I still don't understand what they are talking about, either that or there are two different things that people call fountains...again, not surprising... And I am proably doing it, I just don't know it...

xtremravr...was here..member
337 posts

Posted:
sweet!! the phunky chicken!! lol and i just wish i could do the "phunky ph33r my technical skillz"!!! cant wait till i do!! rofl!

my special move with my beaming poi!!

fwd. 5 beat to 4 beat windmill to fwd 5 *bam**OOOOUUUuuuuuccchhh!!*
""the casterater""

*gym teacher yelling*~~"dont forget your cups boys!!"

guess that was kinda dumb...o well..

[ 17 April 2002, 06:08: Message edited by: XTREMRAVR ]

Peace Luv Uni-t Respect Responsa-what?!?! Xtrem

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Hey Satanatwo, "Speaking of fountains, it is a CLUB NAMED move so techniquly the namer very well could have been on crack" .

That's a joke right? Like fountains are Indian CLUB moves, as found in Schatz's Club Swinging book, first published around 1900. Snuff (coke) maybe or more likely whiskey

[ 17 April 2002, 11:34: Message edited by: Stone ]

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

Bender_the_OffenderGOLD Member
still can't believe it's not butter
6,978 posts

Posted:
Mr Mackey:
quote:
"Now as I was saying, drugs are bad. You shouldn't do drugs. If you do them, you're bad, because drugs are bad, mkay? It's a bad thing to do drugs, so don't be bad by doing drugs, mkay? That'd be bad, because drugs are bad, mkay?"
But seriously some people - young and old - get offended (what? bender?) when I attribute some tricks from 'cocktails' what do i say? the truth or something acceptable? Often (as is the case with younger twirlers) it's more important to 'clean up the truth' for the sake of twirling - I much prefer telling a white lie to a 7 year-old than glamourise candy-flipping. . 'mixing' with twirling is truly inspirational for me, and i acknowledge that other people prefer different stimulus (eg. attention, music, nudity..) furthermore, like with firebreathing, twirling while dosed is definitely not to be engouraged to anyone without a comprehensive warning, if ancouraged at all. One day I will stop the practice (ie when it's no longer hilarious) but before then, bring on the Hindu patterns!

Live to twirl, twirl to live!
-Peter Andre

Laugh Often, Smile Much, Post lolcats Always

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
Arrrrrrrrr, Bender I'm gunna hafta catch up with you someday. Now, as a responsible citizen, I feel compelled to point out that the people at HOP certainly do not encourage spinning or twirling while under the influence of dangerous substances. However, it has become quite apparent that who ever named the Full Fountain was "off their face". To that point, there has been some conjecture suggesting that the only way to ever figure out the above move would require a Level 5 experience

If we as members of the human race practice meditation, we can transcend our fear, despair, and forgetfulness. Meditation is not an escape. It is the courage to look at reality with mindfulness and concentration. Thich Nhat Hanh

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
Didn't Myst coin the phrase "Full Fountain", "Lower Fountain" etc etc... That crackhead... lol j/k (I know your lurking around here somewhere)

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
Now which level 5 entity was able to explain it to you? Personally, I thought the gnome was an irritable asshole. That crazy mantis thing that looked like Zorak from "Space Ghost" was the most helpful to me. I guess his arms were long enough to pull it off. Then there was that one other time...when the watcher was there...he just watched me. I think he was trying to communicate telepathically with me, but he seemed to get irate after a while... I should be visiting one of them again sometime soon, so I'll be sure to ask which one made that crap up...

And I personally think that the person who named this thread was on crack... hehee! What, are you now "The Spinner Formerly Known As Phunky?" Only Prince had the panache to pull off the nameless thing. How must we address you now? The spinner? You? That one guy who used to come around? Hehee! Just bustin' your balls, man! This opens up a whole new realm of being able to impersonate other people and mess things up...oops! Did I just let the cat out of the bag?

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

phunkyold hand
877 posts

Posted:
shhh, know one has to know lol

glowshowmember
406 posts

Posted:
HAHA!!! Nice!

FREE TIBET!!! (with the purchase of a 44 oz. drink)What do you want to be when you grow up?I want to be a kid again!I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.~~~J~~~

StoneGOLD Member
Stream Entrant
2,829 posts

Posted:
ROFL, the poi artist (spinner) formally known as Phunky, hehehe. Actually, it was the little people. But hey, give my regards to the "mantid" and the "elf"

arashiPooh-Bah
2,364 posts

Posted:
ok i'm not sure about this, because i don't know ya'lls names for everything, but ithink that the fountain is called that because these girls baru and zarah and sage did synchronized routines a ways on back. when they did that move facing each other it looked like a fountain. hence the name, probably somebody asked them what they called it and that's what the reply was. and those same girls called the weave the spider cause it made you feel like a spider **weaving a web. synchronicity? the hundredth monkey

-Such a price the gods exact for song: to become what we sing
-Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.
-When the center of the storm does not move, you are in its path.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I like this thread.

smile

Gav486SILVER Member
You have 23 seconds to comply!
122 posts

Posted:
Written by: Arashi

and those same girls called the weave the spider cause it made you feel like a spider

Were they on crack? biggrin

You cannot trust this boy! His mind has been corrupted by colours, sounds and shapes.

DJ DantanaBRONZE Member
veteran
1,495 posts

Posted:
hah hah hah, is a funny ubblol , hoo hoo hoo is a angry mad , AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH is a crazy! ubbloco

Gav486SILVER Member
You have 23 seconds to comply!
122 posts

Posted:
So; what's the Graemlin for "on crack"?

You cannot trust this boy! His mind has been corrupted by colours, sounds and shapes.

UCOFSILVER Member
15,417 posts

Posted:
I think its a mix of

bounce mad2 confused

k2damfcSILVER Member
13 posts

Posted:
ooooops I think thats a Graemlin on crack. makes sense

I'm K To The Motha F*CKIN C Home Boy, K To The Motha F*CKIN C