Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
*gasps* Can't believe it..I learned both the BTB Forward and Reverse Weaves..just shows ya..ANYONE can do it with enough practice. (:Happy Twirling!CRD

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

Marlboromember
180 posts

Posted:
Big Up Yourself!!!!I'm still battering my shoulders and calves!!What's next?....... :-)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~L8ersM

We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold.

CassandraFroggie ... Ribbit !!!
4,224 posts

Posted:
Moving from reverse to forward and so on ... I am still stuck with it frown as for a 5 beat BTB wweave ... not yet ...But then again, it is all about spinning until it just comes....Know what you mean , Crazyraverdude : it just feels awesome when this BTB weave finally clicks though, doesn't it ? When it happened to me I was jumping "boing boing boing " all over the place ! smileshine onCassandra

"I want brown bread... no, that is diesel oil..."
"So I was raised in Europe, where History comes from ..."
"NON !!! La Plume de mon oncle n est pas Bingibangibungi !!!"

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
damn....Awesome CRD..im missing something..i STILL cannot make it work!!!------------------"When a Man Lies He Murders Some Part of the World These Are the PaleDeaths Which Men Miscall Their Lives All this I Cannot Bear to Witness Any Longer Cannot the Kingdom of Salvation Take Me Home"

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

Shouden-CrDSILVER Member
Veteran Member
495 posts

Posted:
yeah, it seems, at least for me. That the moves come at their own time. I struggle and struggle and struggle with a move, and then just one night, I try it after not trying it for awhile, spend 5mins at it, and POOF, I get it.Only advice I could give for learning the BTB weave, is just practice with both hands individually going behind your back to the other side. when you are comfortable with doing it with both hands, try doing the BTB fig 8. Oddly enough, I learned the reverse BTB fig 8 first, and I didn't know the forward BTB fig 8 until the night I learned the BTB forward weave. So once you get the BTB fig 8 down, just try to analyze your poi movements and make sure you try doing the extra twist on the right side. Good Luck and Happy Twirling!------------------ [PLUR]-=Crazy Raver Dude=-

-=ÇrazyRaverÐude=-

plastikgirlmember
41 posts

Posted:
I DID IT TOO!!!! I just learned the btb weave!!!! like, 15 minutes ago!!!! I HAD to tell you this. I've started trying to learn it 6 months ago, more or less (of course, I tried it once or twice in the last 5 months) but today I decided to learn it and I did!!!!Its hard to figure out how to cross your hands, but I did it...sure, I got hit like a hundred times (and I was swinging CLUBS!!!).I havent tried it with the poi yet. I think its too much for my poor shoulders.Maybe tomorrow!!!!OH YEAHHHHHA little advice for those trying to learn it: practice with a staff/broomstick first. Thats how a friend taught me to do the weave and now it worked for the btb weave too... grin ahhhhh Im so happy!!! peace people and happy twirling------------------"Lady bug lady bug, fly away home. Your house is on fire, and your children will burn! Ashes, ashes, all fall down!!

Lady bug lady bug, fly away home. Your house is on fire, and your children will burn! Ashes, ashes, all fall down!!

pyro_teknikmember
51 posts
Location: england wiltshire under stonehenge with the fire f...

Posted:
It is srtange how the moves just click even if you havent prcticed them for a while..!I got btb weave in forward and reverse but I still can't turn into either of them.But I guess thats just something to look forward to smile love the feeling when you nail a new move I would really love to play with some LED poi but I think I will invest in some protective headgear first grin

handlebar moustaches are funny :)