NaganootchAKA CLERIC
172 posts

Posted:
I'm getting ok at doing the spinning,,and my friend taught me some cool wraps,, but i was wondering if there is a web site that shows you hw to do wraps the way this site shows you how to spin.

We are defined by the choices we make

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
Hey, I also would like to find that web site. Wraps are pretty simple once you learn enough of them though, I just want to see everyones creativness. Anyone know of any sites? Eric

Its about talent, not make up or costumes.

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Lots of yo-yo sites have wraps...but often they are psuedo-wraps, in that the direction doesnt change.if you have any questions on wrapping - just ask the search engineegneck wraparm wrapwrist wrapthigh wrapleg wraptesticular wrapleg beatetc etc etcJosh

Bassmanmember
95 posts

Posted:
Yo-yo wraps are kewl! I don't know if you can call them psuedo-wraps. I can't think of any yo-yo wraps where the direction doesn't change. It would be actually be difficult not to change the direction. I guess you must have meant that the direction does not get reversed. Obviously, the yo-yo can't hit the body or it would stop spinning, so the reverse thing cannot be done in that way. I'm not too crazy about those type of wraps anyways cuz I don't think they look as cool as the yo-yo type wraps. I mean, they do sometimes, but in general, they happen so fast that you might not even notice that the person did a wrap.My favorite wrap that I know how to do at least, is where you add 4 extra beats to your weave by doing an arm wrap and unwrap on each side without ever having the poi at the end of the string actually hit your arm. That makes a 9 beat weave :-)

Bassmanmember
95 posts

Posted:
BTW, I'm pretty damn sure that you guys are not going to find a website on poi wraps.Myst-- have you ever thought of putting up a website yourself? Or if you can't swing that, maybe Malcolm would let you put some stuff in the poi lessons section here or something.

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
That actually is a good idea Bassman...Wraps seem to be gettign more and more common on the site these last few months. Everyone is trying them. I guess you could video in instructional fashion some basic wraps. Leg wrap, arm wrap, double leg, BTB wrap, ect...that would be pretty cool. Good stuff guys..Super'------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams"- Willy Wonka

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
Still waiting on my brother and his damn camera. I really have to make this video now. I have to do like 50 different wraps when I I have a little session with myself, or combinations of wraps. This will be fun.Eric

NaganootchAKA CLERIC
172 posts

Posted:
I was looking throught he old posts and found this"Okay, this probably isn't exactly what your looking for...but it does have some wraps on it. Go to https://www.yoyoing.com/sector_y/
.If you scroll down just a bit you'll see a link to "James Lac Glowstick" Or something like that. Click on that. It's a three minute vid at pretty high quality tho so it may take a while to dl. I think it's quite a nice routine tho and it contains many different types of wraps.-Chester[This message has been edited by Chester (edited 14 May 2001).] "I can't find that video for the life of me. I looked all over. Anyone know where it is?

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
I think that some dedicated glowsticker should make a site similar to this one, but for glowsticking. You can have a UBB just like this one, for discussion of Glowsticking related topics, you can have a lessons section and a links section. All it would take is for someone to register the domain and find some decent hosting.I can help out with any webdesign / development needs you might have, but I'm not going to fork out for the hosting or registration smileYou guys seem to think this is a glowsticking website, it is not. For glowsticking related resources there is no central repository of information, and so I say again, who among you cares enough for your art to set up and maintain a glowsticking website?Josh

Mystaddict
439 posts

Posted:
What the hell is your problem josh? This isn't a glowstick website, well it's not stricktly a fire spinning website either. You like fire, thats great, well I like glowsticks. I'm not complaining about fire spinners always talking about tower wicks or towel wicks, or different chemicals that can be added to make different colored flames. So please stop complaining about us talking about wraps and the different types of glowsticks there are out there. I respect fire spinners, and I'd apreciate it if you showed me the same respect. I think that was a very nice gesture to offer help on a web site, but it was only hidding a passive aggresive undertone. untill Malcolm bands the discusion of glowsticks from this site, we will continue to talk about them. Even if there were a "glowstick" site out there, it wouldn't be as sick as this one and I sure as hell wouldn't leave here that easily. Josh, I think sometimes you write posts without thinking, hell I do it too, but next time, son't attack someones passion. Love you manEric

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Its quite obvious that there *is* a disparity between the wants and needs of the US glowsticking community and the wants and needs of the international fire performance community. (you pointed this out yourself in your I'm not complaining about eg eg eg bit) I'm really surprised that you interpreted my previous post as an attack, although, based on your online behaviour to date, I guess I should have predicted it.I'm not attacking glowsticking per se, however it is becoming more and more apparent that the two arent very good at mixing, hence my suggestion that a glowsticking website be opened, so all glowsticker and glownewbies can hangout without having to worry about towel wick construction (and ppl who are interested in towel wick wont have to deal with a hundred thousand glowstick-only discussions).Your inflamatory response is a perfect example of what happens when different expectations come into conflict.Surely a dedicated website with wrap lessons and glow movies and music dicussions and interviews with Sasha and Digweed would be better for glowbies than this site. Have some faith in your passion, or do you think that glowsticking is just an adjunct to poi twirling - and cant exist on its own?on a personal note;I dont know if you were attacked by a bunch of fire freaks when you were a kid or what, but please stop attacking and counter attacking when it isnt even in question, your overt aggression is tiring.BTW I rarely post without thinking.Josh

Drakemember
72 posts

Posted:
hey josh...do you mean glowsticking as in poi with glowsticks? or do you mean like 8s and liquids with glow sticks? cause it would be hecka tight if there was a site for the latter. what am i saying, i should just make one (d'oh). first tho id need to make some vids and pics and stuff. and then i could do a photon section...round up some of my raver buds... or just use myself and capitalise on my fantastic talents. hmmmmmm *rubbing chin*DRAKE THEROUXkatafunk@hotmail.comwww.geocities.com/katafunk

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
Hey Drake,I'm talking about a central repository for glowstick related information - from Liquid dancing to lessons, to links, with a Bulletin Board for the dicussion of all glow related topics, liquid, wraps, toxicity, music, meetups, fashion etc.I guess the point I'm making is that no matter how hard you try, this site is not a suitable glowhome. there are heaps of things that are glow-related, but dont suit this site, and so therefore glowbies are always going to be dissappointed and trying to make it into something it isnt. Of course, for those who this site is perfect, these attempts are frustrating. Its not helping anyone, and I think there is a definite niche for a consolidated glowsticking home. You could probly even get your hosting subsidised by selling advertising space to glowstick distribution / manuafcturing companies... I just checked; glohome.net and glohome.org aren't taken...Josh[This message has been edited by [Josh] (edited 13 July 2001).]

NaganootchAKA CLERIC
172 posts

Posted:
Hey Josh ,, granted i'm new to this site,,, but y are you so uptight about the glowstick shit. Just don't go on topics that concern glowsticks. Poi with fire relates to sticks alot. I think you are wasting more time by complaining about who brings up using glowsticks. Sheesh because of your complaint ,everyone ignored my question. If you didn't complain my question might have been answered and this thread could be closed. Hence you would have to hear about using glowsticks a little less. So anyway does anyone know where i can find that video of the wraps being done?

AnonymousPLATINUM Member

Posted:
dude,I'm not sure you read my response. There is no website where glowsticking wraps are taught. hence my suggestion that there is a need for a central glowsticking resource, which would have the added bonus of glowstickers not getting picked on by nasty fire freaks.This topic has come up before, and to my knowledge no-one has a secret website which has lessons on all the wraps you can do with your glowsticks, which is why I suggested you look in yoyo websites, cuz they often have wraps.people werent ignoring your question - they didnt know the answer.BTW wraps arent just for glowstickers you know, us fire ppl do them too, which makes this thread cross interest.Josh