Twistmember
160 posts

Posted:
OK... AFTER searching on meteors, it seems that there's some hesitant interest and lots of frustration...I have been practicing intensively with them for a week now. They are amazing. I love poi... but in all honesty... meteors can do everything poi can... everything staff can... and a world of infinite possibility in between.Try them!From reading the other posts, it seems people have some problems getting started.Suggestions:1. By Rhys Thomas' book, available on this site.2. Work on poi technique to staff technique transitions. For example, an awesome combo is to go from a 360 weave, to a corkscrew, to a synched corckscrew where the wicks are next to each other instead of opposite. From this, you can release the rope, let the wicks unwind, and move into a staff style helicopter.3. Similarly, from a forward weave you can simply let go of one end of the rope and do continuous, one handed figure eights on either side of the body...... I just got this last night... I've got to say... having a twelve foot rope, stiff as a board spinningon either side of your body... controlled by one hand... well... next to really good sex, it's one of the most satisfying physical experiences I've had...I want to talk about meteor technique!!! Anybody got anything?

protozoaGOLD Member
148 posts

Posted:
Sorry I don't have much in the way of useful input here, but I've never been all that excited by meteors. Till now. I've never read anyone who had anything exciting to say about them, I guess! I'd really love to see some pics or video .. got any?

Twistmember
160 posts

Posted:
smile Heheheh... give me another week.... I aint all that purty yet...I guess I find them so exciting, again, because you can do all the poi moves with them, and then a whole 'nother world of moves too.... "infinite possibilities" and all that jazz...But they are SO frustrating.... you pick up this long rope and it's like.. "What the hell do I do with this..."I'm excited about it because if you're willing to put up with it... youc an do almost anything....