Forums > Beginner Poi Moves > This is my new one i put together last night..Its pretty simple.

Login/Join to Participate

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
Its more like moves stringed together with a couple of combos mixed in. i start it two diffferent ways.(Opening one)Forward weave..180 reverse weave..into a reverse butterfly (2beats)...overhead reverse butterfly (2beats)..reverse butterfly in front (2 beats)..then then i go behind my head with my right, then do a low wave with my left behind me as well..then i can reverse that as well...and end up in a reverse butterfly in front..(opening two..my favorite) forward cirlces at my sides arems outstretched...i walk slowly forward untill they are behind my back about waist level, and crossing.From here i go into a behing the back reverse butterfly. After about 4 beats on the up beat, i can cross them in front into a reverse butterfly in front of my body...from here i go into the alternate low waves and butterflies..ok ..whos confused?? grin trust me it looks hellacool..Super'------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
Hey Superman that sounds ausome, I have seen you all around the other rooms, and you sound pretty good. I get you untill right after you reverse butterfly in front (2beats)..You go behind your head with your right but are you in a weave behind your head? I have done a low weave behind my back, but not over my head. Is it possable? Im Confused. [This message has been edited by skichristian (edited 02 April 2001).]

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!

Endangered Sanitymember
164 posts

Posted:
hey skichristian, i think you are getting low wave (which is like a mexican wave, but at waist level) confused with a low weave.I think if you realise that then Superman's move description will make a lot more sense.

SupermanBRONZE Member
829 posts

Posted:
A low "WAVE" not weave....although that is a very interesting idea!!! i like it.I do ok, i think. I am still pretty new at this. I am just now getting to a point to where it is starting to click. You can feel the point where one move will connect to another then another...Thanks for the complinment though.Super'------------------"Only the warrior that hears the call will know when to leave, Where to go" -unknown

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear--not absence of fear.

- Mark Twain

FireSpiritSILVER Member
Classic 90's Fire Dancer... Poi, Staff, Doubles, and Breathing
743 posts

Posted:
Hey man I Love learning new moves! and this is the site to find them, for sure! smile I've been spinning now for a while, and I remember how every thing just clicked together! You find your center in the whole circle of things. It sounds like you are there, and loving every minute of it! I look forward to learning with you. peace smileSkiChristianPS Thanks I read wave wrong It all makes scence now! grin[This message has been edited by skichristian (edited 04 April 2001).]

FIRE IS ALIVE!
IT LIVES AND BREATHS!
IT CONSUMES, AND DISTROYS!
BUT WE CONTROL IT,
AND DANCE WITH FIRE!!